• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seth Rogen to make Preacher for AMC?

485 posts in this topic

Loved last night's episode. I hope we can see Eugene in hell . lol

As tortuous and gratuitous as Ennis can be in his writing, I don't think he would have sent Eugene to Hell. Other people yes, but not Eugene.

Jesse lost his temper, I understand that, but certainly he knows what he did, and he knows where Eugene is now, so I would think all his efforts would be to find/free Eugene right now.

If Jesse simply goes about his business right now, he is definitely NOT "one of the good guys", and I really don't know why I should keep watching the show.

OK. I'm going to admit it. I really like watching these series so far.

Full disclaimer though, I've never read the series.

Tonight's episode was the best so far IMHO. The beginning was insanely fun. lol

I do have to admit I was laughing at the fight scene that started the show.

I'm not sure that we're seeing Jesse depicted as being innately bad.....I think we keep seeing the two competing sides of Genesis within him....one evil, the other good....both possessing him. Him getting stirred up by Eugene caused the evil half to react.

In re-watching the Pilot Episode, I just realized something. I thought that actress from AMC's Preacher was familiar.

Lucy Griffiths was Liv Aberdine in Constantine, and now Emily in Preacher.

B9oUZrr.png

That's cool they kept her 'in the family'.

:applause:

OK. I'm going to admit it. I really like watching these series so far.

Full disclaimer though, I've never read the series.

Tonight's episode was the best so far IMHO. The beginning was insanely fun. lol

I do have to admit I was laughing at the fight scene that started the show.

Finally got to see it today. Fantastic!

That hotel room was filled with bodies at the end of that scene.

:ohnoez:

Just finished watching episode 5.

I'm just not liking the direction this is going.

When I read the comics I always thought of Jesse, Cassidy, and Tulip as my friends. I liked the three of them. I cared about what happened to them in the story.

After 5 episodes I'm not sure that I like any of the 3 of them. The one I like the least might be Jesse, and he's the one we're supposed to like the most.

After what he did to Eugene, he better turn this thing around really quick or no one is going to like him. The show will crash and burn very fast if the viewers can't stand the Preacher.

I find it ironic that the young Eugene understands the concept of "choice" better than the Preacher.

This show is on the bubble for me. I thought about dropping it after tonight's episode, though I'm interested enough in what happens to Eugene to come back. Eugene and Cassidy are the only two characters that are at all interesting to me.

Since there's only ten (?) episodes this season, I may just see it through to the end, but, unless it gets meaningfully better from here, I'd say it's probable that I'll drop out after that.

I agree w you. It's starting to annoy me. For 50 something issues, the 3 of them were 'partners', if you will, and then their friendship starts to deteriorate after you've really gotten to know them. The TV series is having their relationship deteriorate almost immediately while knowing little to nothing about them. Except that Jessie is stubborn and stupid, Cassidy is into drugs and Tulip about not doing enough crime....

My guess is they wanted to cram as much into season 1 as possible in case they didn't get a season 2 and I'm hopeful it'll get back on track when they actually start searching for God....but is that actually going to be a plot device now since every character they run into along the way seems to reside in Anneville?

When I read the comics I always thought of Jesse, Cassidy, and Tulip as my friends. I liked the three of them. I cared about what happened to them in the story.

After 5 episodes I'm not sure that I like any of the 3 of them. The one I like the least might be Jesse, and he's the one we're supposed to like the most.

After what he did to Eugene, he better turn this thing around really quick or no one is going to like him. The show will crash and burn very fast if the viewers can't stand the Preacher.

I find it ironic that the young Eugene understands the concept of "choice" better than the Preacher.

This show is on the bubble for me. I thought about dropping it after tonight's episode, though I'm interested enough in what happens to Eugene to come back. Eugene and Cassidy are the only two characters that are at all interesting to me.

Since there's only ten (?) episodes this season, I may just see it through to the end, but, unless it gets meaningfully better from here, I'd say it's probable that I'll drop out after that.

I agree w you. It's starting to annoy me. For 50 something issues, the 3 of them were 'partners', if you will, and then their friendship starts to deteriorate after you've really gotten to know them. The TV series is having their relationship deteriorate almost immediately while knowing little to nothing about them. Except that Jessie is stubborn and stupid, Cassidy is into drugs and Tulip about not doing enough crime....

My guess is they wanted to cram as much into season 1 as possible in case they didn't get a season 2 and I'm hopeful it'll get back on track when they actually start searching for God....but is that actually going to be a plot device now since every character they run into along the way seems to reside in Anneville?

The producers have gone on record many times and said this is a set up for issue 1 of the comic. Season two will basically start at issue 1. They felt there were holes there that wouldn't be understood, so they added this. Something big is coming, there is no doubt, and I have totally put my faith in these guys to get it right. I love it regardless.

Jay

The producers have gone on record many times and said this is a set up for issue 1 of the comic. Season two will basically start at issue 1. They felt there were holes there that wouldn't be understood, so they added this. Something big is coming, there is no doubt, and I have totally put my faith in these guys to get it right. I love it regardless.

Jay

Well, that's totally fair but they have also gone on record with Ennis saying they have re-written a bunch of it much like Walking Dead did to it's main story.

If what you are saying is true and Season 2 follows the comic more closely - that'll be awesome.

It would make sense budgetary wise as they would conceivably get a boost for Season 2 and be able to actually go nuts or more nuts as it were.

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Nice episode tonight. I genuinely liked it from start to finish. Nice pacing, Nice back story.

Favorite episode so far. Cassidy was great. The rest of the cast was great too.

1st time this season that I didn't want the episode to end.

I'm not sure what the viewership numbers are like, but I think anyone trying out the show tonight might have been hooked.

Edited by gadzukes

What an odd and depressing episode.

Who did Tulip feed that dog to? Cassidy?

Totes McGoats....it was either that....or break into the blood bank......or feed him some human or another animal.

Jesse must have left him for dead.....Tulip must have found him and gave him shelter...of course he had already told her that he drinks blood to heal.

I guess the animal shelter was a pretty logical conclusion considering Cassidy was in no shape to go anywhere and find his own victim.

Tough break for the dog.

Great episode, I thought. The dark humor is really funny. What's surprising to me is that every character, good or bad, has a bit of charm to them. I can't find myself hating on anyone in this show.

SOK FTW!!!!

Saw a youtube interview with the cast. They pretty much said that fans of the comic are going to be happy they invested so much time into a "prequel" of the story by the end of the first season. The presumption is that we're going to get more of the story we're familiar with starting with season 2.

Just like so many shows out there..... you gotta give em a few episodes to find their footing (this one took longer than some, but I'm glad I kept watching)

This show is finding it's legs now. I'm starting to really like it.

The directing, pacing, editing, use of comedy... it's all coming together now.

Edited by gadzukes