• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC scale of villainy

193 posts in this topic

What the ? I am going to form my own PM group.

Private Messages are wack....

Say it to the world or STFU :sumo:

This comment is trending in my PM group

My private PM group is now talking about your PM group speculating about what we are really talking about.

How 'bout them apples?

Put that in your PM group and smoke it

Lighten up, Francis. It was a funny.

Only to your PM group. :baiting:

Sounds like an awesome group. :cloud9:

It is :baiting:

There is a PM group? :o

Nobody's ever invited me :sorry:

You defended Red Rocks....kinda :gossip:

:blahblah:

That's untrue. I never defended him

I said putting up a website outside of these forums was wrong.

And I was kidding about wanting to be in a private PM circle jerk. No thank you.

Although I would like to hear more about how peanuts act as a liquid in the box. hm

Pretty simple concept - they shift and move slightly the way a liquid does. Any impact is transferred in all directions.

Bubble wrap doesn't move. It acts as a solid transferring impact more directly right through the package.

When it comes to shifting I can see what you mean (I think) but for impact protection I think bubble wrap may be better as a solid.

The box should be protecting from impact into the box. Obviously the best way would be to package it into a huge box with lots of protection but that isn't realistic. If something is going to puncture the box, chances are there's going to be damage unless the box is huge.

I use the peanuts in order to dissipate shock from routine impacts.

I use both bubble wrap and peanuts when packing slabs..Peanuts cover the bubble wrapped CGC books.

Although I would like to hear more about how peanuts act as a liquid in the box. hm

Pretty simple concept - they shift and move slightly the way a liquid does. Any impact is transferred in all directions.

Bubble wrap doesn't move. It acts as a solid transferring impact more directly right through the package.

When it comes to shifting I can see what you mean (I think) but for impact protection I think bubble wrap may be better as a solid.

The box should be protecting from impact into the box. Obviously the best way would be to package it into a huge box with lots of protection but that isn't realistic. If something is going to puncture the box, chances are there's going to be damage unless the box is huge.

I use both bubble wrap and peanuts when packing slabs..Peanuts cover the bubble wrapped CGC books.

My official method is cardboard on either side of the slab, one layer of fine bubblewrap to hold it together and then it gets dropped into a sturdy box and a sea of peanuts.

My official method is cardboard on either side of the slab, one layer of fine bubblewrap to hold it together and then it gets dropped into a sturdy box and a sea of peanuts.

Exactly the same here, but I put that box into another box with some filler to make it a squeeze.

You don't think that mess moves around in that sea of peanuts?

Would you prefer a red wood forest of peanuts?

Would you prefer a red wood forest of peanuts?

meh

You don't think I know how to package a book? hm

(shrug)

Maybe I should just say 'Prometheus'.

(shrug)

Although I rarely use peanuts, I can recognise their potential in lessening the impact SCS.

Peanuts are a pain in the butt but that is the main reason I use them.

I've received packages in those rigid CGC mailers (the ones that fold around the CGC book and leave no cushion) and almost every book I've received has been banged up with SCS.

(shrug)

Although I rarely use peanuts, I can recognise their potential in lessening the impact SCS.

I've received packages in those rigid CGC mailers (the ones that fold around the CGC book and leave no cushion) and almost every book I've received has been banged up with SCS.

I think peanuts are a perfect line of insulation. They absorb shock excellently. Of course you have to use enough of them to SECURE THE BOOK IN THEIR MIDST. Hardly a sea..... more like a honeycomb of peanuts for a well protected book

(shrug)

I think peanuts are a perfect line of insulation. They absorb shock excellently. Of course you have to use enough of them to SECURE THE BOOK IN THEIR MIDST. Hardly a sea..... more like a honeycomb of peanuts for a well protected book

(thumbs u

Emulsified suspension?

lol