• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nov heritage auction.

329 posts in this topic

TEC 33 IN 8.0 SOLD FOR 68.7 K

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LAST SALE IN GRADE WAS 83k????????????????????????????

:o

This was a big surprise to me, but...

:cool:

Holy carp. Did you guys see the Weird Comics #20 result? Now that is a phenomenal cover and I want one. But $4200 for a 4.5. Wow. Congrats to the seller AND the buyer.

My impression is that Hitler covers have been pretty hot recently. But still...

I wouldn't have thought anyone else was searching for it, but as a Fox collector and specifically a collector of the Weird Comics run, Weird #20 has been a grail of mine for a very long time.

Thanks to the kindness of boardie Dan/buttock, I own a Fr/Gd copy and I love it. But I am always keeping an eye out for a possible upgrade, even if just a modest one. It's a really tough book, as are all of the late '41/early '42 Fox books. Other than my copy, Jon Berk's copy and an extensively restored copy which made the rounds many years back, I'd never seen another until now.

I guess it's kind of like Zip #22 (a 5.0 copy went for a mind-boggling $3200 recently). Cool cover rarely for sale in any grade, and it just takes a couple of crazed bidders to drive it way up.

I think I'll let you buy me breakfast next NYC!

lolhm (thumbs u

Holy carp. Did you guys see the Weird Comics #20 result? Now that is a phenomenal cover and I want one. But $4200 for a 4.5. Wow. Congrats to the seller AND the buyer.

I wouldn't have thought anyone else was searching for it, but as a Fox collector and specifically a collector of the Weird Comics run, Weird #20 has been a grail of mine for a very long time.

Thanks to the kindness of boardie Dan/buttock, I own a Fr/Gd copy and I love it. But I am always keeping an eye out for a possible upgrade, even if just a modest one. It's a really tough book, as are all of the late '41/early '42 Fox books. Other than my copy, Jon Berk's copy and an extensively restored copy which made the rounds many years back, I'd never seen another until now.

I guess it's kind of like Zip #22 (a 5.0 copy went for a mind-boggling $3200 recently). Cool cover rarely for sale in any grade, and it just takes a couple of crazed bidders to drive it way up.

:gossip: Don't tell anyone, but there are a few issues of Zip that are much tougher

to find than #22.

:gossip: Don't tell anyone, but there are a few issues of Zip that are much tougher

to find than #22.

Well, I have a #22 too so guess I can't argue! Just another recent "cool cover that spiked waaay above what I'd expect" auction that came to mind.

to find than #22.

Well, I have a #22 too so guess I can't argue! Just another recent "cool cover that spiked waaay above what I'd expect" auction that came to mind.

Ty should know; it took him 15 years to track down his 10 copies. :D

:hi: Tyler

to find than #22.

:o Ty only has ten copies?

to find than #22.

4 got destroyed in the flood. :gossip:

to find than #22.

4 got destroyed in the flood. :gossip:

Ty caused a flood and drowned his own comics?

Are you calling me a crazed underbidder? Bummed that my exorbitant bid wasn't exorbitant enough.

Are you calling me a crazed underbidder? Bummed that my exorbitant bid wasn't exorbitant enough.

I'd call that a compliment!

I'd call that a compliment!

(thumbs u

Books will always come on the market, but with the shift to OA, the push to get them is gonna be less. Just look at this auction, which is top heavy with over 800 pieces of original art...and so we see a pattern.

There were some very good GA books this auction, but real steals come on Sat with internet bidding only...

i don't think there is any "shift" to OA for the hobby. Maybe for Heritage, but not the hobby.

I watched every lot of GA in real time tonight and most outperformed what I would have expected.

I know 100s of GA comic collectors, darn few of them have "shifted" to OA, Darn few.

I only know of 1 GA collector that shifter to OA, and he did it about 15 years ago. PK.

It's been I while since I talked to Chris Foss from Heroes and Dragons, but I believe he shifted to primarily original art. (Is he a board member?)

I've appreciated and collected both art and comics for many years. Both are cool for their own reasons. I do find that the Golden Age forum is a lot more amicable than the OA one, though.

quite true.

Those OA guys are militant.

I collect both, and have longer than most.

Problem with art is the dealers. There are only a handful of them and they hoard and gouge. Not a lot of fun

Books will always come on the market, but with the shift to OA, the push to get them is gonna be less. Just look at this auction, which is top heavy with over 800 pieces of original art...and so we see a pattern.

There were some very good GA books this auction, but real steals come on Sat with internet bidding only...

i don't think there is any "shift" to OA for the hobby. Maybe for Heritage, but not the hobby.

I watched every lot of GA in real time tonight and most outperformed what I would have expected.

I know 100s of GA comic collectors, darn few of them have "shifted" to OA, Darn few.

I only know of 1 GA collector that shifter to OA, and he did it about 15 years ago. PK.

It's been I while since I talked to Chris Foss from Heroes and Dragons, but I believe he shifted to primarily original art. (Is he a board member?)

He did shift to art but may have shifted again to another area (first edition books?).