• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nov heritage auction.

329 posts in this topic

just got a call from Fedex, paid the customs / brokerage cost of $232.00.

I wont get the books until Monday when i drive to the depot to pick them up.

Dollar conversion from Canadian > US + Heritage 19% + shipping cost + customs brokerage cost = time to stop buying from Heritage.

:(

It sure adds up. I don't "not" buy from them but I am selective about what I purchase there for those reasons. The shipping and customs alone will kill ya on run of the mill items. Have to use them for special items only 2c

At least you got your books!

I spoke to shipping. I was told they are very backed up because of a storm which effectively shut them down for a day but since slowly getting back on track.

Did you let them know there are no trains from Texas to the UK? hm

It sure adds up. I don't "not" buy from them but I am selective about what I purchase there for those reasons. The shipping and customs alone will kill ya on run of the mill items. Have to use them for special items only 2c

Heya Bronty,

I am noticing many changes regarding Heritage. I used to be able to buy lots that would include a key book or 2 and include additional books. The total including the 19% and the shipping and customs would be around what the keys would sell for. I would sell the keys to recoup my money then slowly sell the additional books to make a little bit over the long haul.

Now it seems Heritage separates the keys from those lots ( which I understand; they want to maximize profits). However it is making it nearly impossible to buy anything. I agree with you, basically have to buy specialty items only now.

At least you got your books!

I spoke to shipping. I was told they are very backed up because of a storm which effectively shut them down for a day but since slowly getting back on track.

Did you let them know there are no trains from Texas to the UK? hm

You mean Texas to Vladivostok right?

Or possibly Tierra Del Fuego. I'm still debating.

Today is December 17 and I am also still waiting for my books from Heritage November Signature auction. Comiclink and Comicconnect send out their auction books right away so I don't know why Heritage is so slow in shipping out books. You shouldn't have to call them to get them to ship out your winning books! EJR

I'm going to call them again today (3rd time + 1 email). I need to get my book by Friday as I'm going on an extended vacation over the holidays. Every time I talk to them, they assure me it will ship that day, yet it never does. Absolutely ridiculous. I think this is going to put the nail in the coffin in regards to my relationship with them.

I got my Nov auction books yesterday. I had to drive to the Fedex depot to get them ( it is on the opposite side of town and takes me 30-45 mins to get there ) because the fedex driver can't figure out what buzzer to press at the main door of my condo.

Apparently, calling Heritage amounts to talking to somebody with earplugs in.

Honestly, I'm at a loss with them.

Called for the third time today and explained that I need to have my book in hand by Friday due to my leaving town for a month.

Of course, once again, they were very nice and apologetic, dare I say understanding... which they should be considering the 7-14 day shipping window elapsed long ago. But this is the third day in a row I've been assured that I will receive shipping info by the end of the day.

What do you think the odds are that happens? (shrug)

Heritage shipped my winnings from their Sunday December 15 auction today, Dec 21 and I am still waiting for my winnings to ship from their November Signature Auction! Guess I will have to call them to find out whats going on. EJR

Heritage shipped my winnings from their Sunday December 15 auction today, Dec 21 and I am still waiting for my winnings to ship from their November Signature Auction! Guess I will have to call them to find out whats going on. EJR

Get ready for a lot of excuses and promises they won't fulfill until your fourth call.