• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 1 - CGC 5.0 Is this stolen?

41 posts in this topic

True, clearly it didn't actually sell as it appears I am dealing with the same person. But how does this scam work?

I verified that the person actually owns the book he/she sent me a photo of the book with a piece of paper that has my name written on it. And supposedly his name is Jean Seimens' which doesn't come up on a google search. The person knows quite a bit about how CGC works as he said I can look up the book to verify it was submitted on Sept. 2013. So if this person is aware of the CGC verification tool AND has access to it, then he/she is actually a member and perhaps the one who submitted the book in september, isn't that correct?

Anyway, at first I was eager to purchase the book until my suspicions were raised, but now i'm playing detective lol.

Yes, that image has been photoshopped - it's about a 5 minute fake job that virtually anyone familiar with the program can do (as seen below). It's also done pretty badly (in terms of attention to detail). The guy didn't bother replicating the background of the blanket inside the edges of the CGC case. Looks like he took someone's scan of Hulk 1 against an all-white background and Photoshopped it onto a blanket.

hulkfake.jpg

I must be blind because I don't see any of that. hm

Check it out:

See how you can see the wood grain of the table through the plastic of the CGC slab on my Gen 13 book?

GEN13_1:2_FRONT.jpg

Now, if you look at the texture of the white blanket the slab is laying on, you should see the texture through the plastic of the CGC slab on the Hulk #1 - but you don't. So it's a fake.

hulkfake.jpg

lol I love that you signed it Balls. Yea mark1 there is no question its shopped. Aside from the texture, note the angle on the slab on the right hand side, from the view point this was shot at, you shouldn't see that much, but you would on a slab scanner.

Wow. Thanks for feedback AND demonstrating how it can easily be modified. I had no idea. I am more the wiser now!

(thumbs u

That's what the Boards are for!

Check it out:

See how you can see the wood grain of the table through the plastic of the CGC slab on my Gen 13 book?

I could see it easier if that darn feathering wasn’t so distracting.

Yes, that image has been photoshopped - it's about a 5 minute fake job that virtually anyone familiar with the program can do (as seen below). It's also done pretty badly (in terms of attention to detail). The guy didn't bother replicating the background of the blanket inside the edges of the CGC case. Looks like he took someone's scan of Hulk 1 against an all-white background and Photoshopped it onto a blanket.

hulkfake.jpg

:hi:

Check it out:

I could see it easier if that darn feathering wasn’t so distracting.

lol

My book has made two relevant appearances today! (not my photo, though)