• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

Kick the "bong" when he is down........

Folks this is lynch mob mentality, Sharon you sjould be ashamed of yourself.

There are times when you are over your head you see no way out....sometimes it takes avfriend to help you see things in another way,,,,, c so you want to play kick the can/bong.....at his expense.

We have 3600 and a reputation at stake.

Let's not put him in the hall of shame just yet .

There are times when you are over your head you see no way out....sometimes it takes avfriend to help you see things in another way,,,,, c so you want to play kick the can/bong.....at his expense.

Why should Sharon be ashamed of herself? There are people on the probation list because of 35 dollar deals. This is 3600 bucks. If Bob wants to be removed from the list, he can fulfill his part of the deal, like everyone else on the list(many of whom also have personal problems).

Matthew and JIm,

We have a probation list here. You are both members, so is Bob. I don't see any reason why Bob should not be added to the list.

There are some rules about sending him a PM to advise him. You will find them here..

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7198168#Post7198168

You need to post requesting he be added. You might want to add a link to this thread.

Actually, with the amount outstanding, asking to put him in the Hall of Shame might be an option.

Maybe when people google him and find those references, he will person up and realize that eBay is not the only place where he needs to fulfill his obligations.

+100 :golfclap:

Mitch, I hope that's an attempt to be funny. I like to think the best of people and I sometimes think you actually have a fun sense of humor. However, you hide it so well, that I'm not always sure.

It's actually more than $3600, you forgot about Jim.

Just in case you are not being funny...why don't you person up and lend your friend the money to make the refunds.

You trust him, you feel that others are not being nice to him. Help him...after all, you want to stand behind your convictions.

As a matter of fact, you could repay these people directly and just have Bob pay you back in 30 days.

Less chance of Bob or Bong forgetting, or losing your check in the couch under the comics or the Bong.

Mitch, I hope that's an attempt to be funny. I like to think the best of people and I sometimes think you actually have a fun sense of humor. However, you hide it so well, that I'm not always sure.

Just in case you are not being funny...why don't you person up and lend your friend the money to make the refunds.

You trust him, you feel that others are not being nice to him. Help him...after all, you want to stand behind your convictions.

As a matter of fact, you could repay these people directly and just have Bob pay you back in 30 days.

Less chance of Bob or Bong forgetting, or losing your check in the couch under the comics or the Bong.

:signfunny:

Suck it Mitch!

You do not speak for all here. As a matter of fact, who the hell do you think you are?!? Sharon is a well respected member here, and she gave him good advice: put him on the probation List. When Bob makes good, he can come off. Let's remember, Bob is the reason for this, so back off.

May I remind you it was you who mentioned this "bong" thing in a previous post.

I am not Bank of America, nor is any other board member is or should be.

To presume that a board member should take over with an ongoing transaction is clearly not the proper thing to do in this case or any case. Sound and calm advice is the answer. AND ESPECIALLY NOT PUTTING HIM ON DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION.

May I remind you I am not Bob's babysitter, personal banker, or his friday night drinking buddy. I agree that Jim needs to be taken care of.

I dont recall a conversation about him losing a check.....I do about this memory which is better today.....

But that's just it Mitch. Why the FAKK do Matthew and Jim have to be Bobs babysitter or bank? Because that's the position they find themselves in. The probation list and HOS are for people who do not honor deals. Bob has not honoured his deals. And no 4000 word post from Bob or three hour phone call with you changes that. He needs to follow thru on his deals, period, because its disrespectful for Bob to presume that he can use off eBay buyers as his banks and babysitters.

Suck it Mitch!

You are being too kind.

To presume that a board member should take over with an ongoing transaction is clearly not the proper thing to do in this case or any case. Sound and calm advice is the answer. AND ESPECIALLY NOT PUTTING HIM ON DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION.

May I remind you I am not Bob's babysitter, personal banker, or his friday night drinking buddy. I agree that Jim needs to be taken care of.

I dont recall a conversation about him losing a check.....I do about this memory which is better today.....

Truth be told, YOU were the one who called him Beerbong, so I suppose you should apologize to yourself. I just quoted you.

I was actually hoping it was a joke. :foryou:

In a perfect world, this would never happen, I just hope Bob can dig himself out of it. Again,from Bob he is requesting that you visit his ebay store….and buy one book to help him…….this is call to action for all board members...

one picture.....a thousand words

I cannot believe that some people on this board would resort to such an outrageous

insult, not only to our current hardworking President of the United States , BUT also Bob Beerbong himself;

How dare you….

I only think I asked from the "generous "board members here was…."to buy a comic book for Bob"

Folks, this is not a crime, but a rescue of a fellow or former fellow board member adrift at sea…..we need to throw out the "life preserver" to save a 47 year comic book collector, dealer,and historian. It is a very little price to pay……

I suggested E-Bay because Bob has time shipping requirements……

Let us think….about the bigger picture here……

Are we men or are we mice?????

But that's just it Mitch. Why the FAKK do Matthew and Jim have to be Bobs babysitter or bank? Because that's the position they find themselves in. The probation list and HOS are for people who do not honor deals. Bob has not honoured his deals. And no 4000 word post from Bob or three hour phone call with you changes that. He needs to follow thru on his deals, period, because its disrespectful for Bob to presume that he can use off eBay buyers as his banks and babysitters.

1-I agree 100% he should follow thru.

2- the 4K word post and 3 hour phone was to help a person I have know for 41 years plus create a way out........and create a better attitude....and get Matt and everybody else the items that they paid for.

3-If you knew all of the facts, you opinion might not be so harsh

Truth be told, YOU were the one who called him Beerbong, so I suppose you should apologize to yourself. I just quoted you.

I was actually hoping it was a joke. :foryou:

In a perfect world, this would never happen, I just hope Bob can dig himself out of it. Again,from Bob he is requesting that you visit his ebay store….and buy one book to help him…….this is call to action for all board members...

one picture.....a thousand words

I cannot believe that some people on this board would resort to such an outrageous

insult, not only to our current hardworking President of the United States , BUT also Bob Beerbong himself;

How dare you….

I only think I asked from the "generous "board members here was…."to buy a comic book for Bob"

Folks, this is not a crime, but a rescue of a fellow or former fellow board member adrift at sea…..we need to throw out the "life preserver" to save a 47 year comic book collector, dealer,and historian. It is a very little price to pay……

I suggested E-Bay because Bob has time shipping requirements……

Let us think….about the bigger picture here……

Are we men or are we mice?????

We all must have a sense of humor in a difficult situation.........but please no DSP. :acclaim:

warning: you are now entering a serious-post zone.

like the rest of you, i've been mystified by mitch's fervent desire for leniency for bob here---"no, no; no probation/hos for bob! he just needs understanding."

i now have come to realize it probably is a by-product of his law practice; seriously. i'd wager mitch has represented dozens, if not hundreds, of people clawing and scratching to avoid suspension of their licenses, or "double secret probation" as he snidely termed it. repeat offender dwi clients---they deserve another chance, not the taking away of their driving privileges....

if you do it all the time in your paying business, it's easy to see it being carried over to "real life."

warning: you are now entering a serious-post zone.

like the rest of you, i've been mystified by mitch's fervent desire for leniency for bob here---"no, no; no probation/hos for bob! he just needs understanding."

i now have come to realize it probably is a by-product of his law practice; seriously. i'd wager mitch has represented dozens, if not hundreds, of people clawing and scratching to avoid suspension of their licenses, or "double secret probation" as he snidely termed it. repeat offender dwi clients---they deserve another chance, not the taking away of their driving privileges....

if you do it all the time in your paying business, it's easy to see it being carried over to "real life."

But, didn't you see that pic of his law office.

Judging by his wikipedia page he wrote himself, Bob's been in a lot of lawsuits lately, and has been losing them all. Wonder if it's a several decades old client... er... friend that defends him where no where noone else would that's been giving him legal advice with them...

And part of your solution Mmheady was trying to convince me to offer Bob a COD option or pay more for shipping. You wouldn't just let the bone go no matter how many times I said no. He makes at least what he needs to pay for shipping my books via ebay every two days. More money down the money hole isn't in any way a better solution. Have him get a quick loan using his car as collateral if he doesn't have the money to pay for shipping or refund me. I'm sure he would pay them back when the bill came due. He got himself in the hole on purpose. I have no sympathy for a man that ignores me for two months after he's taken money from me and failed to complete a deal half a month later.

Thanks sky. I've pmed you for more info. I appreciate the advice. Anyone else who's willing to call or message Bob as you find convenient and think it appropriate, I appreciate it.

-M