• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

I talked to Bob B for a hour tonight. As you are aware, I am prohibited from speaking "for bob" by the mods who have issued me a warning.

I have contacted Mark by PM and told him some very important information. I hope he sets the record straight with both M and the boards here before Sat.

I believe this transaction will be completed in the future, that is my opinion, not bob speaking.

However the fact remains that out of the say 50,000 transactions that Bob has done over the years, we are talking about say 10 transactions which are being questioned over say…..47 years….. this is a true comic book collector/dealer who in addition has spent countless years researching the history of the comic book , written thousands of pages on the history with no $ gain to do so. It is my opinion that once this transaction is completed that we restore Bob to his proper status…..as one of the true comic book historical Giants of our time and one of founding fathers of comic book fandom. Among dealers, the first dealer to set up a comic book store in Pier 39 in San Fran which brought international attention and interest to american comic books at a very early state in comic book collecting history...

Post of the decade.

It is pretty incredible, isn't it. :facepalm:

I talked to Bob B for a hour tonight. As you are aware, I am prohibited from speaking "for bob" by the mods who have issued me a warning.

I have contacted Mark by PM and told him some very important information. I hope he sets the record straight with both M and the boards here before Sat.

I believe this transaction will be completed in the future, that is my opinion, not bob speaking.

However the fact remains that out of the say 50,000 transactions that Bob has done over the years, we are talking about say 10 transactions which are being questioned over say…..47 years….. this is a true comic book collector/dealer who in addition has spent countless years researching the history of the comic book , written thousands of pages on the history with no $ gain to do so. It is my opinion that once this transaction is completed that we restore Bob to his proper status…..as one of the true comic book historical Giants of our time and one of founding fathers of comic book fandom. Among dealers, the first dealer to set up a comic book store in Pier 39 in San Fran which brought international attention and interest to american comic books at a very early state in comic book collecting history...

Post of the decade.

:roflmao:

images-1_zps837508d3.jpeg

However the fact remains that out of the say 50,000 transactions that Bob has done over the years, we are talking about say 10 transactions which are being questioned over say…..47 years….. this is a true comic book collector/dealer who in addition has spent countless years researching the history of the comic book , written thousands of pages on the history with no $ gain to do so. It is my opinion that once this transaction is completed that we restore Bob to his proper status…..as one of the true comic book historical Giants of our time.

Mount Rushmore beckons.

Bazing! :roflmao:

(seriously, I just spewed my coffee as I read this...)

However the fact remains that out of the say 50,000 transactions that Bob has done over the years, we are talking about say 10 transactions which are being questioned over say…..47 years….. this is a true comic book collector/dealer who in addition has spent countless years researching the history of the comic book , written thousands of pages on the history with no $ gain to do so. It is my opinion that once this transaction is completed that we restore Bob to his proper status…..as one of the true comic book historical Giants of our time.

Mount Rushmore beckons.

Bazing! :roflmao:

(seriously, I just spewed my coffee as I read this...)

When I do that it is usually over my keyboard.

I still look at those Fantasia ads in my old Overstreets.

He was even using his real name back then.

I purchased a lot of books from Danny in those days. He was even a nice guy when I talked to him on the phone. "Nothing personal, just business".

I think Belloj said it best when he was talking to Indy Jones....."We are simply passing thru (comic book) history"......."This ( Bob B) IS history...."

So Mr. Beerbong is now the equivalent of the Ark of the Covenant. You just can't make this stuff up...

I think Belloj said it best when he was talking to Indy Jones....."We are simply passing thru (comic book) history"......."This ( Bob B) IS history...."

So Mr. Beerbong is now the equivalent of the Ark of the Covenant. You just can't make this stuff up...

That would be lying.

[font:Times New Roman]In the final scene, the Ark of the Covenant was secured in a vast warehouse as homage to another famous film...

citizen_kane-warehouse.jpeg

In the final analysis, dealing with Bob may just be another way of losing your Rosebud.[/font] hm

[font:Times New Roman]In the final scene, the Ark of the Covenant was secured in a vast warehouse as homage to another famous film...

In the final analysis, dealing with Bob may just be another way to losing your Rosebud.[/font] hm

kane you be more specific?

In the final analysis, dealing with Bob may just be another way of losing your Rosebud.[/font] hm

kane you be more specific?

[font:Times New Roman]Without spoilers? Unlikely. Oh Welles.[/font]

Mount Rushmore beckons.

lol

How are you able to obtain such copious amounts of vintage absinthe? I thought that stuff was banned in the US.

We have had our fun on the B- Bop thread …….

But it is time to understand who we are dealing with….here a few famous firsts that B.B. has been a part of

1- the first comic book store owner along with Bob and John to have multiple comic books stores in different cites( 4 at the high point).

2-The purchase of the second greatest comic book collection ever sold at 4,500 books from 3 of Tom R's relatives ( total amount of books was 4,650 including Nick marcus #150n timely book purchase which was later stolen from them).

3-First a collector, then a RBCC seller, then a store owner of 10 stores total- 3 in SF, 4 comic and comics etc).

4- Along with Bill Blackbeard, of the SF comic art academy who was a friend of mine also, the two most knowledgeable people on the planet about early comic book history. Note a lot of Bill Blackbeard's comic strip collection is the basis the large comic strip reprint books in the last 20 years. It was B-Bop who let fandom know about Bill Blackbeards death. I was luckily to have Bill attend my first comic book convention in Stockton…to help put it on the map, as well as do a number of trades with him over the years. It was like yesterday when I traded him "Terror Tales pulp# 1 and 3 for a stack of Nemo pages for my comic book store.

If you are gonna read anything about comic book history this year link this NOW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Blackbeard

and here…

http://fischeroncomix.wordpress.com/2012/04/

Folks the the two BB's are part of the founding fathers of our comic book history.

we must pause, and bow, to men whose status, that NO BOARD member will ever …. achieve…… The Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Testla, Ridley Scott. and Gator of their time…….20th century comic book legends: the 2 BB's