• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

If I were Matthew, I would not be thrilled to see this thread taken over by warm and fuzzy recollections of yesteryear. Perhaps until his books or refund materialize, a different thread would be more appropriate. 2c

This. First Mitch calls the guy a liar. Then he's still insinuating something is amiss and that Zaid should set the record right. Now, he's outright hijacking the thread, meant to get this guy's money or books to him, and trying to regale us with stories of what a great and valuable guy Bob Beerbong is.

You are truly a piece of work, sir.

The name of this thead is " Any one hear from Bob Beerhohm Lately"...not Bash Bob. If you want a thread just Bash him, create one, don't complain about stories, which relate to Bob or other historical persons in our comic book history. If you want to Bash Bob...YOU hijack another thread....or create one of your own.

I have only met Bob once. He attended a CBCA dinner, a few years ago. We stepped outside and had a smoke. He shared comic related stories from his past. Also, he paid for his dinner. (worship) I did have to nudge him a little at the last minute, though. :grin:

If I were Matthew, I would not be thrilled to see this thread taken over by warm and fuzzy recollections of yesteryear. Perhaps until his books or refund materialize, a different thread would be more appropriate. 2c

This. First Mitch calls the guy a liar. Then he's still insinuating something is amiss and that Zaid should set the record right. Now, he's outright hijacking the thread, meant to get this guy's money or books to him, and trying to regale us with stories of what a great and valuable guy Bob Beerbong is.

Lets us address you contentions one by one

1- At no time did I call anybody a liar...all I said was prove it to Matt-he made the charge and with investigation thru talking to both parties it has been shown the following facts:

1- Matt bought 341 pulps from Bob

2-Bob told matt it would take some time to gather all the pulps

3- Bob has so far sorted out 300 out of 341 pulpls, with two truckloads of boxes to go thru and to be transported from from his old wherehouse to his new one and to be unpacked.

4-Bob has indicated that he should be able to send all 341 pulps out in the next 30 DAYS.

This is record as it should posted on the boards, there could other opinions as to a different time table, But I will let them speak for themselves.

One point that I want everybody to be clear about, since day one, minute one I have told bob to SHIP to Matt, ASAP. I am his friend, not his babysitter,not his attorney, and I live 2000 miles away. Mark and I are on the same page= get Matt his pulps.... I do appreciate the "Sir"....thank you

1- At no time did I call anybody a liar...all I said was prove it to Matt-he made the charge and with investigation thru talking to both parties it has been shown the following facts:

3- Bob has so far sorted out 300 out of 341 pulpls, with two truckloads of boxes to go thru and to be transported from from his old wherehouse to his new one and to be unpacked.

4-Bob has indicated that he should be able to send all 341 pulps out in the next 30 DAYS.

This is record as it should posted on the boards, there could other opinions as to a different time table, But I will let them speak for themselves.

One point that I want everybody to be clear about, since day one, minute one I have told bob to SHIP to Matt, ASAP. I am his friend, not his babysitter,not his attorney, and I live 2000 miles away. Mark and I are on the same page= get Matt his pulps.... I do appreciate the "Sir"....thank you

He told Matthew in April that he'd ship the pulps within a week. It's been 7 months.

I understand what is being said on the boards, there appears to be a issue as to when Bob was supposed to send them if you talk to Bob and you talk to Matt.

lol The issue is, Matt paid and Bob didn't send the pulps. It's as simple as that.

Don't forget #5.. you asking board members to purchase comics from Bob's Ebay store. That's the best "contention" (thumbs u

I understand what is being said on the boards, there appears to be a issue as to when Bob was supposed to send them if you talk to Bob and you talk to Matt.

This has to be thread of the year, by far.

I'm just wondering, just going by your quote here, are you saying there was some confusion as to when everything was going to be shipped? Somehow this quote makes it seem that Matt is also at fault. How can that be? To me, bob is 100% at fault here.

And why do you keep bringing up Bob's past, how good he was, and all the history, etc. No one really cares at this point, there seems to be more than just a few issues with him.

I feel bad for him but if his health is part of why he's had issues, why doesn't he just stop dealing? If I buy something from someone, I expect to get it. I wouldnt want to hear excuses or hear how great someone was in the past, especially when its a $3k plus deal! Are you serious!

You also suggested people help out bob by going to his ebay store! Really, after all this? Wow!

The name of this thead is " Any one hear from Bob Beerhohm Lately"...not Bash Bob. If you want a thread just Bash him, create one, don't complain about stories, which relate to Bob or other historical persons in our comic book history. If you want to Bash Bob...YOU hijack another thread....or create one of your own.

The title of the thread reflects the fact that Bob had not shipped a large order of books and was not answering his phone or email when the buyer tried to contact him. This thread was created to embarrass Bob and pressure him into shipping what was paid for. Kindly reflecting on Bob's god like contributions to the hobby are out of context and an attempt to paint Sir Bob in a positive light.

It's a good thing to stand beside a friend but your moral compass should always outweigh that friendship. Hold Bob's hand, tell him to do the right thing but please be honest about Bob's current behaviour and his staggering lack of class regarding facing and apologizing to Matthew.

Mitch keeps a tight circle of comic collecting friends including Theo who allegedly ran up some Heritage auctions without paying. And this has been bugging me for weeks but I still don't think that it was Mitch who was behind his recent posts where he shared some of his art collection. The spelling, grammar etc, was too on point for it to be Mitch, perhaps Theo did the commentary for him?

It's a good thing to stand beside a friend but your moral compass should always outweigh that friendship. Hold Bob's hand, tell him to do the right thing but please be honest about Bob's current behaviour and his staggering lack of class regarding facing and apologizing to Matthew.

Well put, Torch :golfclap:

I have a question Mitch. If not for this thread bringing up the issue, exactly when was Bob planning on sending Matt the goods he paid for?

Doesn't seem like it was at the top of his to do list.

A. He's listed some on eBay.

B. He has not answered Matt's calls...and he must be screening his calls since he picked up for you and for Mark..

Personally, from what I've been reading, Bob is at this point a sad ambassador for our hobby. He uses his longevity to excuse poor behavior.