• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

I understand what is being said on the boards, there appears to be a issue as to when Bob was supposed to send them if you talk to Bob and you talk to Matt.

This has to be thread of the year, by far.

I'm just wondering, just going by your quote here, are you saying there was some confusion as to when everything was going to be shipped? Somehow this quote makes it seem that Matt is also at fault. How can that be? To me, bob is 100% at fault here.

And why do you keep bringing up Bob's past, how good he was, and all the history, etc. No one really cares at this point, there seems to be more than just a few issues with him.

I feel bad for him but if his health is part of why he's had issues, why doesn't he just stop dealing? If I buy something from someone, I expect to get it. I wouldnt want to hear excuses or hear how great someone was in the past, especially when its a $3k plus deal! Are you serious!

You also suggested people help out bob by going to his ebay store! Really, after all this? Wow!

If you talk to Bob, his position is that it was gonna take some time to get all the pulps together for a single shipment. I think there was some confusion on both parities as to the exact time line. Since it has been 5-7 months, that really should no longer be an issue. Bob needs to ship.

I don't think anybody really knows a person, a real person let alone Bob, so let us put a human face on this situation. Nobody is perfect, but I don't think anybody could endure the hardship that this man has gone thru. My story tonight is a prime example, as when Bob passes this important comic book story and history would have been lost forever.

Bob has to Man up....send the pulps no questions about it, that is not the issue.

Mitch: What color is the sky in your world?

I'm guessing brown because he has his head up his arse.

He feels the need to live up to the "King of Comics" title. I hope one day he will lose this need, and act normal. Being so much cooler online is overrated.

Mitch,

In regards to your comment about a "misunderstanding" on the shipment date of the pulps". Matt has shown to be accurate in all facets of this deal. I was kept up on this deal or lack of it, as it was happening.

There are a few basic facts here:

Fact 1: Matt paid Bob right away for the pulps as a favor to him,

Fact 2: Bob was to ship the pulps out at the time of the deal.

Fact 3: Bob re-listed a number of the pulps on his website after he sold them to Matt

Fact 4: He refused to communicate with Matt

Fact 5: Matt has produced every bit of factual detailed information from emails to PayPal receipts to telephone records on this transaction, and has been 100% honest and straightforward.

Possible fact 6: based on the previous factual information, if this thread was not started, Matt might not have have been re-imbursed had you not helped out!

I agree with you Mitch as this is a thread to help get Matts pulps or money back and not to punish Bob, but he has to be accountable for his actions! Bob is a great guy to talk to, and an OK guy to deal with in person.

**However it is a little insulting to Matt when you say that there was a "misunderstanding in the shipment date". Months later, with no communication, and re-listing the books, is not a "shipment date misunderstanding".

I am relieved and thankful that you are going above and beyond in helping this situation along. I am relieved that with your prompting and board exposure, that Bob is now doing the right thing by gathering up the pulps. Perhaps maybe Bob should go a little above and beyond, show some heart felt goodness, and throw in some extra items for the stress and frustration that Matt has gone through.

Again, thanks for getting involved and helping out the situation Mitch!

Dwight

If I were Matthew, I would not be thrilled to see this thread taken over by warm and fuzzy recollections of yesteryear. Perhaps until his books or refund materialize, a different thread would be more appropriate. 2c

This. First Mitch calls the guy a liar. Then he's still insinuating something is amiss and that Zaid should set the record right. Now, he's outright hijacking the thread, meant to get this guy's money or books to him, and trying to regale us with stories of what a great and valuable guy Bob Beerbong is.

You are truly a piece of work, sir.

Lets us address you contentions one by one

1- At no time did I call anybody a liar...all I said was prove it to Matt-he made the charge and with investigation thru talking to both parties it has been shown the following facts:

1- Matt bought 341 pulps from Bob

2-Bob told matt it would take some time to gather all the pulps

3- Bob has so far sorted out 300 out of 341 pulpls, with two truckloads of boxes to go thru and to be transported from from his old wherehouse to his new one and to be unpacked.

4-Bob has indicated that he should be able to send all 341 pulps out in the next 30 DAYS.

This is record as it should posted on the boards, there could other opinions as to a different time table, But I will let them speak for themselves.

One point that I want everybody to be clear about, since day one, minute one I have told bob to SHIP to Matt, ASAP. I am his friend, not his babysitter,not his attorney, and I live 2000 miles away. Mark and I are on the same page= get Matt his pulps.... I do appreciate the "Sir"....thank you

I have a question Mitch. If not for this thread bringing up the issue, exactly when was Bob planning on sending Matt the goods he paid for?

Doesn't seem like it was at the top of his to do list.

A. He's listed some on eBay.

B. He has not answered Matt's calls...and he must be screening his calls since he picked up for you and for Mark..

Personally, from what I've been reading, Bob is at this point a sad ambassador for our hobby. He uses his longevity to excuse poor behavior.

Bob needs to ship Matt his pulps asap, but he is still unboxing them and it has taken much longer than he thought. I hope Matt gets his pulps, it is not a question of not getting them...one of when. I think anything can be brought up in this thead...why not?

If I were Matthew, I would not be thrilled to see this thread taken over by warm and fuzzy recollections of yesteryear. Perhaps until his books or refund materialize, a different thread would be more appropriate. 2c

This. First Mitch calls the guy a liar. Then he's still insinuating something is amiss and that Zaid should set the record right. Now, he's outright hijacking the thread, meant to get this guy's money or books to him, and trying to regale us with stories of what a great and valuable guy Bob Beerbong is.

You are truly a piece of work, sir.

Lets us address you contentions one by one

1- At no time did I call anybody a liar...all I said was prove it to Matt-he made the charge and with investigation thru talking to both parties it has been shown the following facts:

1- Matt bought 341 pulps from Bob

2-Bob told matt it would take some time to gather all the pulps

3- Bob has so far sorted out 300 out of 341 pulpls, with two truckloads of boxes to go thru and to be transported from from his old wherehouse to his new one and to be unpacked.

4-Bob has indicated that he should be able to send all 341 pulps out in the next 30 DAYS.

This is record as it should posted on the boards, there could other opinions as to a different time table, But I will let them speak for themselves.

One point that I want everybody to be clear about, since day one, minute one I have told bob to SHIP to Matt, ASAP. I am his friend, not his babysitter,not his attorney, and I live 2000 miles away. Mark and I are on the same page= get Matt his pulps.... I do appreciate the "Sir"....thank you

I have a question Mitch. If not for this thread bringing up the issue, exactly when was Bob planning on sending Matt the goods he paid for?

Doesn't seem like it was at the top of his to do list.

A. He's listed some on eBay.

B. He has not answered Matt's calls...and he must be screening his calls since he picked up for you and for Mark..

Personally, from what I've been reading, Bob is at this point a sad ambassador for our hobby. He uses his longevity to excuse poor behavior.

Bob needs to ship Matt his pulps asap, but he is still unboxing them and it has taken much longer than he thought. I hope Matt gets his pulps, it is not a question of not getting them...one of when. I thinkanything can be brought up in this thead...why not?

What, does he pull one pulp a day or something? 7 months, man. 7 months.

Mitch,

In regards to your comment about a "misunderstanding" on the shipment date of the pulps". Matt has shown to be accurate in all facets of this deal. I was kept up on this deal or lack of it, as it was happening.

There are a few basic facts here:

Fact 1: Matt paid Bob right away for the pulps as a favor to him,

Fact 2: Bob was to ship the pulps out at the time of the deal.

Fact 3: Bob re-listed a number of the pulps on his website after he sold them to Matt

Fact 4: He refused to communicate with Matt

Fact 5: Matt has produced every bit of factual detailed information from emails to PayPal receipts to telephone records on this transaction, and has been 100% honest and straightforward.

Possible fact 6: based on the previous factual information, if this thread was not started, Matt might not have have been re-imbursed at all.

I agree with you Mitch as this is a thread to help get Matts pulps or money back and not to punish Bob, but he has to be accountable for his actions!

**However I do find it insulting to Matt when you say that there was a "misunderstanding in the shipment date". Months later, with no communication, and re-listing the books, is not a "shipment date misunderstanding", so I would not go down that road**.

Mitch, I admire your loyalty to your friend, but it is probably not on your best interest to to try and justify Bob's behaviour in this situation! This is on his lap and he should have fixed this a long time ago without you having to get involved!

I am relieved and thankful that you are going above and beyond in helping this situation along. I am relieved that with your prompting and board pressure, that Bob is now doing the right thing by gathering up the pulps. Perhaps maybe Bob should go a little above and beyond, show some heart felt goodness, and throw in some extra items for the stress and frustration that Matt has gone through.

Again, thanks for getting involved and helping out the situation Mitch!

Dwight

When you get in these he said/she said type situations I would think your post is most accurate.

My story tonight is a prime example, as when Bob passes this important comic book story and history would have been lost forever.

Google translator broke on this sentence when I tried to understand it.

Anyone have the Mmehdy rubicon? A Rosetta stone maybe?

My story tonight is a prime example, as when Bob passes this important comic book story and history would have been lost forever.

Google translator broke on this sentence when I tried to understand it.

Anyone have the Mmehdy rubicon? A Rosetta stone maybe?

I think the original pages of Bob's book are hidden in Matt's pulps. This is why it's taking so long to get his package shipped.

I understand what is being said on the boards, there appears to be a issue as to when Bob was supposed to send them if you talk to Bob and you talk to Matt.

This has to be thread of the year, by far.

I'm just wondering, just going by your quote here, are you saying there was some confusion as to when everything was going to be shipped? Somehow this quote makes it seem that Matt is also at fault. How can that be? To me, bob is 100% at fault here.

And why do you keep bringing up Bob's past, how good he was, and all the history, etc. No one really cares at this point, there seems to be more than just a few issues with him.

I feel bad for him but if his health is part of why he's had issues, why doesn't he just stop dealing? If I buy something from someone, I expect to get it. I wouldnt want to hear excuses or hear how great someone was in the past, especially when its a $3k plus deal! Are you serious!

You also suggested people help out bob by going to his ebay store! Really, after all this? Wow!

If you talk to Bob, his position is that it was gonna take some time to get all the pulps together for a single shipment. I think there was some confusion on both parities as to the exact time line. Since it has been 5-7 months, that really should no longer be an issue. Bob needs to ship.

I don't think anybody really knows a person, a real person let alone Bob, so let us put a human face on this situation. Nobody is perfect, but I don't think anybody could endure the hardship that this man has gone thru. My story tonight is a prime example, as when Bob passes this important comic book story and history would have been lost forever.

So you believe there was some confusion about shipping dates, exact time line. It still seems like you are saying that part of the blame lies on Matt, the buyer.

As a buyer, i rate a seller on many things, including how well they communicate with me. In this case, and several others involving bob, things point out that bob doesnt communicate very well. Lack of communication is a major defect a seller can have, that would really make me take my business elsewhere.

Anyone remember the real bad guy back then in TBG? Ripped a bunch of people off? Have to dig through my files...

Are you possibly thinking of Carlos Johnson? I was one of many people he ripped off. I believe Ron Frantz expended a great deal of effort trying to track him down, but I don't think anything came of it.

I sent Carlos Johnson $200 and he sent it back to me! Still the one of the most amazing things to happen in my career!

There was no confusion on when he was to send them. Look at my paypal payment. I posted it. In the notes section it says exactly what was agreed on.

He lost them in confusion from one warehouse to another? As far as I understand it he didn't change warehouses until months after he made the deal with me and should have already sent the pulps. And yes, he's sold a few of the most expensive ones I bought from him since then on ebay.

If money for shipping was his issue (after I sent him 3600), or getting the pulps out of a mountain of , then after 6 months, he could have saved one dollar a day, or gotten two pulps out of the piles per day, and still I should have already recieved them. It costs more to feed a kid in Africa then he would need had he saved a dollar a day at this point.

He still isn't communicating with me.

The new plan is that he'll have 300 of them in the mail by Saturday. With the other 41 by Xmas (which I question that this is even possible, if he's already sold some). Mark Zaid related this to me through email. Since businesses are closed on Thanksgiving, this effectively gives him one day left...I fully expect Bob to drop the ball, or rather not ever pick it up, again.

Mark's a really good guy. I think he's underestimated Bob's Boob-ness though. I'm sure Bob told him everything he wanted to hear when Mark called him. I'll post on Saturday on whether I have tracking or not. Then maybe I can qualify to get the guy on the prob/shame lists.

Thanks everyone for speaking up for me. It's both immensely sad and wildly entertaining, all the stories you have on this guy.

There was no confusion on when he was to send them. Look at my paypal payment. I posted it. In the notes section it says exactly what was agreed on.

He lost them in confusion from one warehouse to another? As far as I understand it he didn't change warehouses until months after he made the deal with me and should have already sent the pulps. And yes, he's sold a few of the most expensive ones I bought from him since then on ebay.

If money for shipping was his issue (after I sent him 3600), or getting the pulps out of a mountain of , then after 6 months, he could have saved one dollar a day, or gotten two pulps out of the piles per day, and still I should have already recieved them. It costs more to feed a kid in Africa then he would need had he saved a dollar a day at this point.

He still isn't communicating with me.

The new plan is that he'll have 300 of them in the mail by Saturday. With the other 41 by Xmas (which I question that this is even possible, if he's already sold some). Mark Zaid related this to me through email. Since businesses are closed on Thanksgiving, this effectively gives him one day left...I fully expect Bob to drop the ball, or rather not ever pick it up, again.

Mark's a really good guy. I think he's underestimated Bob's Boob-ness though. I'm sure Bob told him everything he wanted to hear when Mark called him. I'll post on Saturday on whether I have tracking or not. Then maybe I can qualify to get the guy on the prob/shame lists.

Thanks everyone for speaking up for me. It's both immensely sad and wildly entertaining, all the stories you have on this guy.

I believe Bob is going to stick to the original plan and send all the pulps in one time in less than 30 days. Given the fact that he is still unpacking, I don't think Sat is a realistic goal for the complete shipment. So, he has about 25 or so days left to come thru. As least as I know of as of today when I spoke to him. He still has some pulps in boxes that he needs to transfer and unpack. He was working in his where house tonight which is a very good sign.

I am working on the two BB's post but I have so much info I am still gathering that I will try to post it tomm( thur)

Anyone remember the real bad guy back then in TBG? Ripped a bunch of people off? Have to dig through my files...

Are you possibly thinking of Carlos Johnson? I was one of many people he ripped off. I believe Ron Frantz expended a great deal of effort trying to track him down, but I don't think anything came of it.

I sent Carlos Johnson $200 and he sent it back to me! Still the one of the most amazing things to happen in my career!

You don't mess with Moondog! :sumo:

With Sqeggs, on the other hand, you take the money and run! :D

" I believe Bob is going to stick to the original plan and send all the pulps in one time in less than 30 days. Given the fact that he is still unpacking, I don't think Sat is a realistic goal for the complete shipment. So, he has about 25 or so days left to come thru. As least as I know of as of today when I spoke to him. He still has some pulps in boxes that he needs to transfer and unpack. He was working in his where house tonight which is a very good sign.

I am working on the two BB's post but I have so much info I am still gathering that I will try to post it tomm( thur) "

So just to get this straight, you are going to post which will probably be history on some important comic collecting history from Mr. Beerbohm. And your going to post it in this thread, so when people search for San francisco collection or whatever it is you will be writing about, it will be directly linked to this debacle?

Do you think this wise? Do you think this will help Mr. Beerbohm? Incredible (thumbs u

He has until Saturday to have the first 300 in the mail Mitch. Bob gave his word to Mark Zaid. They are already seperated from the rest of the he has to go through. It's no great task to put them in a couple boxes and call ups to arrange a pickup, or drop them off himself. Anyone in this forum could probably do it in 15 minutes or less. He promised Saturday for at least the first 300. I expect a tracking number by then. "Not realistic" is just silly.

Bob has to Man up....send the pulps no questions about it, that is not the issue.

Mitch: What color is the sky in your world?

I'm guessing brown because he has his head up his arse.

HUA.jpg