• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics, TV, and movie news and rumor thread

662 posts in this topic

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR FINAL TRAILER --

It is EPIC!!!!

Tickets are on sale now and I already bought my IMAX 3D Tickets. Get your while you can.

I liked the trailer. But...

That Spider-Man is seriously dorked. I hope that is not the final effects for the eyes.

I actually dug the look. Loved seeing the eyes move. Suit was fine to me and it was most definitely the Romita Spidey I love. These writers/directors (who worked on WINTER SOLDIER, completed CIVIL WAR and will be doing the two-part INFINITY WAR) have done a phenomenal job. I have alot more faith in this film and their work than with BATMAN V SUPERMAN. I can't wait!

It is EPIC!!!!

Tickets are on sale now and I already bought my IMAX 3D Tickets. Get your while you can.

That Spider-Man is seriously dorked. I hope that is not the final effects for the eyes.

I actually dug the look. Loved seeing the eyes move. Suit was fine to me and it was most definitely the Romita Spidey I love. These writers/directors (who worked on WINTER SOLDIER, completed CIVIL WAR and will be doing the two-part INFINITY WAR) have done a phenomenal job. I have alot more faith in this film and their work than with BATMAN V SUPERMAN. I can't wait!

Looked like too much CGI to me. Looks like Marvel & Sony can't learn anything from Deadpool. Use an actual suit with a real person inside and toss all this CGI.

It is EPIC!!!!

Again, I thought the overall look for Spider-Man was fine, but he didn't build in his suit the ability for his eyes to move. :eyeroll: I just read other opinions about the eyes and it looks like people are split on this one. Some people like it and others don't.

I think it is out of place in a live action serious superhero movie. But, it just confirms what I've been saying, Marvel is aiming it's superhero movie-verse at a young audience where DC is aiming at an older audience. Nothing wrong with either approach, but personally, I like the older audience approach. But, there is room for both and while Marvel's movies are lighter fair than I usually enjoy, I still have gotten a kick out of some of their movies.

RE: Spidey...I think I'd like to see a blend of a real suit (love the suit, btw) and CGI the eyes, I think ti's cool and can add some depth to how spidey is reacting to a given situation, but...just be judicial with it, too much and it could get cartooney fast....

Jerome

- Yet another INDY flick coming our way:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/03/15/fifth-indiana-jones-film-to-arrive-in-2019/

- Final Daredevil trailer before Friday's release:

- BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE being adapted and in production with Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill:

http://collider.com/batman-the-killing-joke-movie-image/

Does anyone think that Simpsons and Futurama comics will be worth something one day? I feel like there is a large fan base for the shows but the comics don't match that popularity. Is it likely that these will ever be a good investment?

Futurama already sells pretty well.

Does anyone think that Simpsons and Futurama comics will be worth something one day? I feel like there is a large fan base for the shows but the comics don't match that popularity. Is it likely that these will ever be a good investment?

Futurama already sells pretty well.

Nothing wrong with getting #1s of FUTURAMA, THE SIMPSONS, BARTMAN as well as any one-shots released based on supporting characters. You never know.

I agree, I pick them up them for my own permanent collecting but I could definitely see these becoming more popular as they get older. Theres just too many fans for the characters in general for these not to get more attention.

They will. Futurama started in '99, so it should see some good attention no later than 2024 would be my guess.