• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics, TV, and movie news and rumor thread

662 posts in this topic

I finally got around to reading I Kill Giants, so I'm pretty excited to have come across this.

It was a awesome read!

@ComicBookdotcom: I Kill Giants Movie Announced http://t.co/ivO7QG8E4a http://t.co/oT1Zga0Wwl

Chris Columbus as a producer. Pretty big name and it looks like the wheels are already in motion.

The producers are currently casting, with production targeted for later this year. XYZ is handling world sales on the project.

The book had a super small print run, so if the movie makes theaters and is a hit, the source material could get extremely hot. 2c

I finally got around to reading I Kill Giants, so I'm pretty excited to have come across this.

It was a awesome read!

@ComicBookdotcom: I Kill Giants Movie Announced http://t.co/ivO7QG8E4a http://t.co/oT1Zga0Wwl

Chris Columbus as a producer. Pretty big name and it looks like the wheels are already in motion.

The producers are currently casting, with production targeted for later this year. XYZ is handling world sales on the project.

The book had a super small print run, so if the movie makes theaters and is a hit, the source material could get extremely hot. 2c

Ugh. This news actually makes me upset for 2 reasons:

1. I was just telling a friend that there are certain books that should never be movies because they are supreme examples of art/literature and sometimes movies ruin those books. I sited this book as an example.

2. I've been slowly piecing together my 9.8 set of I Kill Giants, and now getting #1 will be nearly impossible in my budget thanks to speculation. I just hope anyone hoarding this book has actually read it...this is one that deserves to be read for sure.

Kudos to Joe Kelly though, he deserves it. Hope it's good!

It was a awesome read!

1. I was just telling a friend that there are certain books that should never be movies because they are supreme examples of art/literature and sometimes movies ruin those books. I sited this book as an example.

2. I've been slowly piecing together my 9.8 set of I Kill Giants, and now getting #1 will be nearly impossible in my budget thanks to speculation. I just hope anyone hoarding this book has actually read it...this is one that deserves to be read for sure.

If I can find one, maybe we can work out a Heady Topper trade or for one of your home brews. hm

Also, I agree with your first point.

If I can find one, maybe we can work out a Heady Topper trade or for one of your home brews. hm

Also, I agree with your first point.

lol Deal! Really just looking for raw candidates for #1 and #2. But I'd gladly trade for booze!

It was a awesome read!

The movie is incapable of changing the graphic novel.

I'm with you on #2 though - it seems like nothing is safe at this point, anything can skyrocket in price overnight for little to no reason.

I'm with you on #2 though - it seems like nothing is safe at this point, anything can skyrocket in price overnight for little to no reason.

Physically, yes, the movie is incapable of changing the graphic novel...but that's not really what matters. Sometimes movies can alter your imagination and the way you envision certain aspects of a story (especially with prose novels).

A good recent example: The Giver. Loved that book when I was younger, saw the movie, and now I can't get the movie out of my head as I read the book with my daughter. Ruined.

Just hope they don't do that with I Kill Giants.

So I read iZombie #1 since they put out a $1 version. I thought it was pretty darn good.

I then proceeded to watch episode 1 of the TV show. :P

I think I will stick with the book

Every (youngish?) woman I've spoken to who watched the show liked it. Not sure what, if anything, that means.

Physically, yes, the movie is incapable of changing the graphic novel...but that's not really what matters. Sometimes movies can alter your imagination and the way you envision certain aspects of a story (especially with prose novels).

A good recent example: The Giver. Loved that book when I was younger, saw the movie, and now I can't get the movie out of my head as I read the book with my daughter. Ruined.

Just hope they don't do that with I Kill Giants.

If you have this response, my advice would be to never go see a movie adaptation of something you love! It seems too risky if the bad thing kills the good thing in your mind.

So I read iZombie #1 since they put out a $1 version. I thought it was pretty darn good.

Every (youngish?) woman I've spoken to who watched the show liked it. Not sure what, if anything, that means.

That makes sense. It seemed geared toward the female high-school crowd. I guess some of the brain eating and otherworldly stuff is done better in pen and ink than in tv show land.

What is youngish to you??

What is youngish to you??

Under 40 :)

Hard to judge based on one episode, but not too many similarities between issue 1 and the 1st show.

I liked the supporting 'monster' cast & Villains in the book (ghost, vampires, werewolf/were-terrier, mummy, monster-hunters); I'm hoping they start introducing them in the show in later episodes/seasons :wishluck: I think that will go a long way to increase the desirability of the comic.