• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Science

248 posts in this topic

We have a solid outline up to issue 50 at this point. That's a bit daunting as it will take us upwards of three more years to accomplish this.

In addition to Black Science #16 being released tomorrow, there will be Giant size (11x17) Artist's Proof Edition .

:applause::headbang:

I'm really enjoying this series.

I'll be interested to see the quality of this. I'm definitely interested, but only if it's on quality stock with a substantial enough cover. Something like this will be harder to store requiring a more sturdy cover. Anyone had one in hand yet? Thoughts?

Ordered a copy a couple weeks ago thru my LCS; just picked it up today. Very nice cover stock as jaybes stated...

image.jpg1_zps5yzeft2q.jpg

...in essence, a really big, B&W, reprint edition of # 1.

The simplest solution to keep it intact IMO was to buy a picture frame for it...

image.jpg2_zpsns1pqa7w.jpg

Looks nice... (thumbs u

Cool idea. I have 2 on order at my LCS, and I will be framing at least one.

Thanks, Sam. I forgot to mention; the frame size is 12"x18"...and also added new comic backing boards inbetween the back cover & the picture frame. The comic boards are pieced together to surround the entire book.

We have a solid outline up to issue 50 at this point. That's a bit daunting as it will take us upwards of three more years to accomplish this.

In addition to Black Science #16 being released tomorrow, there will be Giant size (11x17) Artist's Proof Edition .

Love Artist's Editions, and like the this cheaper format for newer books. But...

The reproduction of the original art here is poor. Pages are muddy, doing the OA no justice at all.

I hope Image puts out more of these for their other series...but they gotta get tighter on the quality control.

Love Artist's Editions, and like the this cheaper format for newer books. But...

The reproduction of the original art here is poor. Pages are muddy, doing the OA no justice at all.

I hope Image puts out more of these for their other series...but they gotta get tighter on the quality control.

I wondered about that. I've never seen the OA in hand, but it did seem somewhat blurry at times. Nonetheless I loved it and would buy more in this format.

I wondered about that. I've never seen the OA in hand, but it did seem somewhat blurry at times. Nonetheless I loved it and would buy more in this format.

I own OA from Black Science and can tell you that Scalera's work is very sharp and detailed. I received my Giant Sized Artists Proof copy today and it looks like blown up versions of previously shrunk down scans of the OA. Quite disappointing.