• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Science

248 posts in this topic

Is this ongoing ? What would you compare it to ?

Have not read it yet, but the obvious answer is it's going to be compared to Saga!

Slight whiff of X:O in there perhaps too with the alien planet strandedness and suggestive title that says "Hey there's going to be some sci-fi tech in this."

No, this will not be compared to Saga. I really don't even want to put up a spoiler at all. There is nothing like it in the Image family. The art was fantastic as well. I hope Deadly Class is as good as this as well.

I'd say it's similar to Saga in that it's very 'out there' and the world is very... colourful. It has that sci-fi/fantasy anything-can-happen vibe too. It's closer to Saga than anything else I've read lately on Image or anywhere else really. I got a very slight Watchmen vibe from it too but it's nothing like it so I'm not sure what I got that from. Maybe similar in tone. This is obviously a book that could go on and on for a very long time (like Saga :devil: ) and I hope it does.

I'm not really sure it compares to anything, but with only one issue in, why are we trying to compare it to something again? Seriously good first issue though. The colorist is absolutely amazing, the entire issue looked as if it were almost done in watercolors. Interested to see where the story goes since we didn't get too much of it this time around but I'm down for the first arc for sure.

It's natural to describe things in relation to other stuff you are familiar with. But in this case we're comparing it to other stuff because someone asked... :)

Correct and thanks for answering. I think I'll give it a try. How could I go wrong with the X.O Manowatch Saga ? lol

It's natural to describe things in relation to other stuff you are familiar with. But in this case we're comparing it to other stuff because someone asked... :)

Correct and thanks for answering. I think I'll give it a try. How could I go wrong with the X.O Manowatch Saga ? lol

Based on the other books you like I would say give it a go. I was hoping I wouldn't like it (to avoid adding another title to my pull list) but it turned out to be a fun read so now I'm in for the first arc at least.

Based on the other books you like I would say give it a go. I was hoping I wouldn't like it (to avoid adding another title to my pull list) but it turned out to be a fun read so now I'm in for the first arc at least.

Yep, I'm going to give it a go. I like the covers a bunch. Now i'm excited to read the story.

Yep, I'm going to give it a go. I like the covers a bunch. Now i'm excited to read the story.

+1