• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Science

248 posts in this topic

The "craze" for this series has Nowhere Men written all over it.

I think Rick Remender has a decent following due to Fear Agent, End League, Atom, and Franken Castle. Black Science 1 had 40,000 issues and Nowhere Men 1 had 12,000 copies. I don't think Black Science will be able to maintain that level, but should settle in at a higher sales level than Nowhere Men. I suspect it will follow the same path as Fear Agent unless it is kept to a monthly schedule, which I doubt.

Has Nowhere Men kept to a monthly schedule? If not, do you think that is hurting the title's sales?

Finally got around to reading issue 2, and I think it was a solid issue. The art direction is fantastic, one of the cases where the art team feels cohesive. The colorist has done an excellent job, something I personally take for granted too often (until I see some really bad color work). The pacing feels just right for me, though I fear it could seem a little slow for some, which could be bad for a new series. The two issues so far show this going in a direction I am very happy with, and I know Remender will really run with the plot devices available.

Can't wait for issue 3!

only 3 issues in so it is hard to gauge where this story will go. I wasn't doing cartwheels over this latest issue but I understand they are fleshing out multiple story-lines. The dimension jumping has good potential so I will continue reading unless they really it up.

I love this series so far. It's almost like a more "adult" version of a fantastic four concept in that they're adventurers (or dimensionauts as they called it) and a dysfunctional family. Helps that the artwork is awesome too.

lol at people hoarding this, thought everyone knew there won't be a "next" walking dead.

a book doesn't need to be the next walking dead in order to be profitable down the line...

...or worth reading and collecting. It's a fun hobby for most of us and a living for the rest. Comics rock :headbang:

I love this series so far. It's almost like a more "adult" version of a fantastic four concept in that they're adventurers (or dimensionauts as they called it) and a dysfunctional family. Helps that the artwork is awesome too.

I hadn't really thought of it like that but good description. Dimensionauts is being added to my vocabulary. Thanks (thumbs u

I love the series too, one of my fav monthly reads, and I did flip a few #2's when it was hot, but to have 10 plus copies of each, why not just buy a key comic from the bronze or copper era and flip those?

IDK, just my opinion, to me it aint worth flipping a 2.99 or 3.99 book for $7 bucks.

Lots do sell though, so maybe thats what people are trying to do, selling lots a year later might bring in a nice %50 flip.