• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - NEW MUTANTS 98 1ST DEADPOOL - GRADE IN

19 posts in this topic

GRADE IS IN 3/13/2014

9.4 WHITE

purchased on the boards, please provide your grades as this was sold to me with a specific grade in mind. I have an idea but want to get some additional opinions.

comic152_zps5d7ca18e.jpegcomic153_zps251a9f46.jpeg

I’d say NM (9.4) for the slight spine tics, but may be a NM+ – I’m just no expert and not wishing to venture into NM+ and above territory… lol

If you ever find a beaten copy missing half the back cover let me know, Hector – some day I’d love to complete my New Mutants collection! (thumbs u

I’d say NM (9.4) for the slight spine tics, but may be a NM+ – I’m just no expert and not wishing to venture into NM+ and above territory… lol

If you ever find a beaten copy missing half the back cover let me know, Hector – some day I’d love to complete my New Mutants collection! (thumbs u

i will definitely pick it up for you if i see one. i'm the king of low/beaten books

I think the corners are sharper on this book than on your X-men 266. You have similar spine tics although I don't believe any are a colour breaking on either book. I would say 9.6 for this one! smiley-gen130.gif (This is Rusty - Kramer's old horse - Seinfeld, beefarino...??)

why do you hate grading it?

The back cover pattern makes it hard to see spine tics.

I thought you were going to say because you can't stand looking at the horrid anatomy of the artwork.

9.4 from me

9.6. I did have this issue but sold it for $50 a couple years ago. To me its just a over printed 90's book and the X-farce and other reboot 1's a few months later was the reason I stopped collecting for over a decade

We have one thing in common – only I did not stop, just reduced drastically the books I picked up to the point I was left with one, the FFs, and then that was gone as well. (shrug)

I thought you were going to say because you can't stand looking at the horrid anatomy of the artwork.

But why? Deadpool’s legs are so elegant, gracious and proportioned… I really can’t understand. (:

9.6. I did have this issue but sold it for $50 a couple years ago. To me its just a over printed 90's book and the X-farce and other reboot 1's a few months later was the reason I stopped collecting for over a decade

We have one thing in common – only I did not stop, just reduced drastically the books I picked up to the point I was left with one, the FFs, and then that was gone as well. (shrug)

But why? Deadpool’s legs are so elegant, gracious and proportioned… I really can’t understand. (:

I think Rod Liefield is gay. :gossip: I still think so...

Hector.. BTW, your book should be NM- to NM (due to the top spine).

Congratulations on the grade..., I guess? :foryou:

I think this could have graded higher compared to some of the other copies that have been graded. Did you get the grader notes? Maybe there was more going on then just the corner and spine stresses?