• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBay Seller MRGA

58 posts in this topic

bumpit.gif

They are back at it and indicating they will be auctioning off some major key GA books.

Popscomicbooks Auctions

What is this person's name, contact info and location? Anyone deal with them any more recently than discussed in this thread?

Mark, I believe they are in Rhode Island? Or at least used to be. I would be sooo happy if you went after them. These people are scum and need to be taken down. Just my opinion, folks.... makepoint.gif

bumpit.gif

They are back at it and indicating they will be auctioning off some major key GA books.

Popscomicbooks Auctions

What is this person's name, contact info and location? Anyone deal with them any more recently than discussed in this thread?

Mark, I believe they are in Rhode Island? Or at least used to be. I would be sooo happy if you went after them. These people are scum and need to be taken down. Just my opinion, folks.... makepoint.gif

Just need a client.

I have previously bought a few raw and CGC graded books from this seller. You are OK to buy a graded book from them...they will send it, and package it properly. Books are sent by someone named Steve ( forgot his last name ), and he is in Las Vegas. You are NOT OK to buy any raw books, as they are GROSSLY overgraded to an extreme that I have never seen before, and I would call it FRAUD.

They have, according to them, hundreds of boxes of comics to sell that will take years to auction off..FYI

Going through their AOL site that they store all their images on I ran across an old "terms" page that they made. I found it interesting that at one point they hated CGC and would not honor any return based off how CGC graded a book or if CGC gave it a restored grade. The very next paragraph states that some books have a 3x money back guarantee if they come back restored. Sounds to me like they guarantee the ones they know they didn't send in for treatment. The others you're just screwed. It's also interesting to note that they now sell CGC books... $$ signs can change anyones mind I guess.

Then there's this line...

We also reserve the right to terminate any bid from a bidder whose bidding activity is protected by his/her country's privacy laws - thus making it impossible for the seller and the rest of the eBay community to observe this eBay users bidding activity and sincerity of his/her bid.

It's ok for them to do, but not you. Classic.

I just bought my first book from this seller and received it yesterday. Honestly the only reason I went with them is because they were offering a Gerber 9 book that's impossible to find, so I really had no choice other than to let the book go. Here's a couple things I didn't like about them: (1) their feedback is 'private'...I've always wondered why anyone would opt for that, (2) in order for you to bid on one of their auctions, you have to be pre-approved, which basically means that you send them an email saying "please let me bid" and they put you on their approved bidders list, (3) they don't accept Paypal, so I had to go to the bank and get a Cashier's Check, (4) their prices are up there.

With all that said, the communication was great - they always responded quickly and were very friendly. Also, the book shipped quickly (as soon as the check cleared their bank) and the packing job was awesome - the book was secured between two very thick cardboard pieces and shipped in a Priority Mail box with plenty of padding.

So, I had a good experience all in all. I knew the book was overpriced, but I knew that if I passed, I'd probably not see it again, so I accept that part of it.

By the way, they are in Las Vegas. That's where I sent the check and that's where their shipment originated from.

It was one that I've been looking for - Jumbo Comics # 31. I'll try to scan it when I get home. They pretty much represented its true condition...a couple spine splits, etc.

Because they don't post hi-res scans in their auctions, I asked them to give an approximate grade. They said they don't guess at the grade, they just describe any visible defects as good as they can. In that regard, the book was as advertised. I think it's part of their absolutely huge Terms section where they state that they don't assign a number (or for that matter a letter) grade.

The bottom line for me is that they do in fact offer a lot of rare (Gerber 8, 9 and even 10) books, key books, etc. but you're not going to get a deal as far as the price. Even though I had a good experience, in the future they'll be my last choice unless it's a book that simply isn't ever offered anywhere else.

I just noticed that popscomicbooks now has public feedback (if you remember, it's always been private, but ebay has now done away with private feedback for active sellers). Boy, there's some fascinating reading here.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...P:feedback:2:us

It was one that I've been looking for - Jumbo Comics # 31.

Why Justin, you Greedy SOB !!

That's it, I'm assigning you to the KO Komics category of single-issue obsession.

You will never get my copy, NEVER! Do you hear me, never !! Bwwaaahahaha <cue mad scientist laughter>

STEVE

I just noticed that popscomicbooks now has public feedback (if you remember, it's always been private, but ebay has now done away with private feedback for active sellers). Boy, there's some fascinating reading here.

ANY member of these Boards who has read this thread and then buys something from this piece of garbage seller deserves a big makepoint.gif893naughty-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif893naughty-thumb.gifmakepoint.gifscrewy.gif

It was one that I've been looking for - Jumbo Comics # 31.

Why Justin, you Greedy SOB !!

That's it, I'm assigning you to the KO Komics category of single-issue obsession.

You will never get my copy, NEVER! Do you hear me, never !! Bwwaaahahaha <cue mad scientist laughter>

STEVE

Hey that post was from Sept. '06, way before you got your copy. I've been considering selling all but my top copy to fund some more GA purchases. sumo.gif

I'd sell them on here, but to re-coup my cost from popscomics would be embarrassing. I'll probably put it on the 'bay.

P.S. I only have one copy of KO Komics

P.P.S. When are you going to sell me your Jumbo 31?

insane.gif

Definitely an interesting read. I think as a Ebay buyer, you have to take the seller negatives seriously. People know you will most likely get one in return so they are willing take take one to leave one, so they are definitely pissed. I wish Ebay would list your rating out by buyer and seller. If, as a seller I have all positives, but as a buyer I have several negatives, I think it is easier to figure out what someones real "status" is on Ebay.

What a spitefull seller! Such arrogance! I have always had my radar go off, when I looked at their auctions. Looks like my radar was right on. It would be great if ebay could just be a little better and kicking sellers such as these off.

Definitely an interesting read. I think as a Ebay buyer, you have to take the seller negatives seriously. People know you will most likely get one in return so they are willing take take one to leave one, so they are definitely pissed. I wish Ebay would list your rating out by buyer and seller. If, as a seller I have all positives, but as a buyer I have several negatives, I think it is easier to figure out what someones real "status" is on Ebay.

Excellent point. People who leave a neg have to be pissed, not just about a 'bad' sale, but something really worth leaving a neg. At least I know that is true in my case. If I think it was an honest mistake, or it did not cost me much they might get an "ok comic" feedback, but when they earn the neg then they get it.

I am sure that if people felt a little freerer about leaving a negative they would have FAR FAR more than they do. Also they had private feedback for a long time so people were discouraged from leaving a neg as it would not have much use.

I actually had one ok transaction prior to my disasterous one, but as i went through old emails the other day I noticed how agressive they were in pushing for payment. I was bidding on and winning several of their small auctions and they must have asked for payment at least once per day, starting the day of the first auction. this was back in the days of paypal I think I had to overnoght the paypent so it was there within 7 days of the first win. The communications were cordial but pushy.

If I had not had that 300 transaction I would never have bid on one of their big lots. The upshot of which is that I ended up paying over 2k for a More Fun 57 that was supposed to be at least a 6 and ended up a 3.5