• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE HULK #181 CLUB

428 posts in this topic

thanks guys, thankfully the 181 was in the middle of one of the stacks which I think helped protect it a little. :)

Very nice of you to cut her another check most would not do that.

A congrats on a cool book.

well I got such a great deal on the Hulk 181 that I figured it was the right thing to do. and since the book has increased a fair amount since 2009, It was an easy decision.

Thanks for the love for my copy. I was in college and collecting regularly when I bought it. By that age, I knew how to read and store comics without doing any damage to them.

The miracle with the NM and better BA comics I've owned was their surviving two cross-country moves in the days before bags and boards. For the first move, my collection was stacked into large cardboard boxes, and for the second stuffed into freezer bags before going into the cardboard boxes. A bunch of the books suffered nicked corners and edges, but some others luckily made it unscathed to my current home. The Hulk #180 wound up in a 9.8 holder according to the dealer who bought it from me (as a 9.6), whereas the X-Men #94 only graded as an 8.0.

Thanks for the love for my copy. I was in college and collecting regularly when I bought it. By that age, I knew how to read and store comics without doing any damage to them.

The miracle with the NM and better BA comics I've owned was their surviving two cross-country moves in the days before bags and boards. For the first move, my collection was stacked into large cardboard boxes, and for the second stuffed into freezer bags before going into the cardboard boxes. A bunch of the books suffered nicked corners and edges, but some others luckily made it unscathed to my current home. The Hulk #180 wound up in a 9.8 holder according to the dealer who bought it from me (as a 9.6), whereas the X-Men #94 only graded as an 8.0.

Surely the gods must have been watching over the most important books in your collection. Too cool. :cloud9:

(worship)(worship)

I have to agree as well. ASM #129 to a lesser extent, but I remember even as a kid feeling :o if I even got to look at one and felt :cloud9: when I got one!

I'm very curious what happens to the book if marvel really does kill Wolverine and leaves it that way for a few years. hm

I am pretty much convinced that this book is the hottest book without movie hype that's affordable and increases in value at an amazing clip. Perfect centering oww over a mis wrapped white for me any day.

Agreed. I can`t think of a Bronze Age character who was as big as Wolverine?

hm

This book has been on my want list for years and years...going back to when I was a kid...but I never put in effort get one. I kept thinking that BA comics are plentiful. But prices are going up and not coming down by the looks of it.

So anyway here's my placeholder till I find a nice 9.2 and up (without miswrap of course!) :)

Presents nicely from grade even with the piece out (bummer!) in LRFC. Nice colours, decent PQ and of course, MVS intact.

Hulk181fc_zpsf31b9e62.jpg

This book has been on my want list for years and years...going back to when I was a kid...but I never put in effort get one. I kept thinking that BA comics are plentiful. But prices are going up and not coming down by the looks of it.

So anyway here's my placeholder till I find a nice 9.2 and up (without miswrap of course!) :)

Presents nicely from grade even with the piece out (bummer!) in LRFC. Nice colours, decent PQ and of course, MVS intact.

Hulk181fc_zpsf31b9e62.jpg

Nice :applause: