• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE HULK #181 CLUB

428 posts in this topic

Is that the Bighairjer Pedigree copy!!! :o(worship)(worship)

:kidaround:

Welcome to the Club! :foryou:

Ha! Just a little protection in case some dillweed tries to lift it for an ebay sale! ;)

Nice looking copy, Jer! (thumbs u

here's my copy, but first a story on how I acquired it.

summer of 2009 I placed an add in local newspaper, a women calls me and says she has about 20-30 comics. I asked her to tell me some of the issue titles and numbers, she said Wonder Woman #297, an old Submariner issue in bad condition and a few other non-discript books. so I told her from what she was describing I could only offer about $20 sight unseen, she said that sounded fair as she was just going to throw them away.

I didn't meet her, instead she sent her daughter to meet with me at a local grocery store with the books. when the daughter arrived the books were in two white plastic grocery bags, and they were tied on top. I did my best to look through the books, but they were crammed in there pretty tight that I thought I might cause damage. so I just gave her the agreed upon $20 and she left happy.

when I got home and was able to go through the books. most were drek. but there was a small run of early 70s Hulks. issues around 171, 173, 174, etc. then BOOM 181. I almost hit the floor.

I sold all the other books in the collection but kept only the Hulk 181 which I still have. I can't remember all of the other books in that collection but it wasn't anything big, (don't remember if there was a 180 cuz I didn't know about 180 then :blush: ) but with the money I got from the sale of the remaining books, I called the woman later and sent here another check, she was very happy. and so was I.

pic of me 2009

001-2.jpg

Hulk181fc_zps04fadf17.jpg

summer of 2009 I placed an add in local newspaper, a women calls me and says she has about 20-30 comics. I asked her to tell me some of the issue titles and numbers, she said Wonder Woman #297, an old Submariner issue in bad condition and a few other non-discript books. so I told her from what she was describing I could only offer about $20 sight unseen, she said that sounded fair as she was just going to throw them away.

I didn't meet her, instead she sent her daughter to meet with me at a local grocery store with the books. when the daughter arrived the books were in two white plastic grocery bags, and they were tied on top. I did my best to look through the books, but they were crammed in there pretty tight that I thought I might cause damage. so I just gave here the agreed upon $20 and she left happy.

when I got home and was able to go through the books. most were drek. but there was a small run of early 70s Hulks. issues around 171, 173, 174, etc. then BOOM 181. I almost hit the floor.

I sold all the other books in the collection but kept only the Hulk 181 which I still have. I can't remember all of the other books in that collection but it wasn't anything big, (don't remember if there was a 180 cuz I didn't know about 180 then :blush: ) but with the money I got from the sale of the remaining books, I called the woman later and sent here another check, she was very happy. and so was I.

pic of me 2009

001-2.jpg

Cool story and a great book :applause:

I didn't meet her, instead she sent her daughter to meet with me at a local grocery store with the books. when the daughter arrived the books were in two white plastic grocery bags, and they were tied on top. I did my best to look through the books, but they were crammed in there pretty tight that I thought I might cause damage. so I just gave her the agreed upon $20 and she left happy.

pic of me 2009

001-2.jpg

Wow a decent book to acquire from the Crammed into garbage bags Collection. Thanks for sharing, great story.