• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE HULK #181 CLUB

428 posts in this topic

Hi all. I'm in the market for a Hulk 181 and honestly don't venture too far from the Gold and Silver Forums. Do you have any pointers on minimum grade, page quality etc. for a Hulk 181 newbie?

I've noticed some find certain manufacturing defects undesirable such as a white strip along the spine.

I'm leaning towards a nice 8.0 copy.

Thanks,

John

Hi all. I'm in the market for a Hulk 181 and honestly don't venture too far from the Gold and Silver Forums. Do you have any pointers on minimum grade, page quality etc. for a Hulk 181 newbie?

I've noticed some find certain manufacturing defects undesirable such as a white strip along the spine.

Thanks,

John

You want to find a book with popping colours. White strip, no white strip on spine is a personal choice, many prefer no white strip. Page quality, try for the best within your budget - and hunt around, they are many available.

Overall, you could get a nice 7.5 with greats colours or a 8.5 with better structure but not so bright colours.

Remember the marvel stamp - should be intact.

Enjoy your hunt and post your purchase if you make one :wishluck:

Thanks,

John

You want to find a book with popping colours. White strip, no white strip on spine is a personal choice, many prefer no white strip. Page quality, try for the best within your budget - and hunt around, they are many available.

Overall, you could get a nice 7.5 with greats colours or a 8.5 with better structure but not so bright colours.

Remember the marvel stamp - should be intact.

Enjoy your hunt and post your purchase if you make one :wishluck:

I would agree with Waylander and also add that most collectors won't tolerate cream pages in bronze books.