• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

Hugh Jackman's Wolverine Cameo In X-Men: Apocalypse Is Violently Different

xmenapocalypse-wolverine-183416.png

In the most recent trailer for 20th Century Fox's X-Men: Apocalypse, it was revealed that Cyclops and Jean Grey get some much needed help from Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) at the Alkali Lake testing facility. But this is the Weapon X version of Wolverine, which means he's going to be out of control, animalistic.

“It’s a very violent, visceral sequence that is different from anything we’ve seen of Wolverine in previous movies and in the way that Hugh played it,” producer Simon Kinberg told Entertainment Weekly.

“I talked him through the whole scene,” said director Bryan Singer of his conversation with Jackman about the cameo. “He said, ‘Mate, it’s brilliant. I’m in. Call my agent.’”

Also, be on the lookout for a cameo from Singer. He plays “one of Stryker’s men and even brandishes a machine gun.”

Shame they're not going forward with that Magneto solo film.

Fassbender is magic.

Agreed. So much potential being missed. Kind of like Marvel should give Loki his own movie,but they don`t.

I may be wrong, but I don't think villains can carry a feature film on their own. The only one that might be able to is an origin story for the Joker, but even that would not do great at the box office. While people like their villains, they also want the heroes to take them down in a movie.

Fassbender is magic.

Agreed. So much potential being missed. Kind of like Marvel should give Loki his own movie,but they don`t.

I may be wrong, but I don't think villains can carry a feature film on their own. The only one that might be able to is an origin story for the Joker, but even that would not do great at the box office. While people like their villains, they also want the heroes to take them down in a movie.

Not me

I often root for the bad guys

Stephen King books are great because they don't always have happy endings

So apparently it has already leaked online...I think I may stick with still seeing it in the theater, it looks epic enough.

Pretty good version out too on watch32

:o

I just watched the crypt scene in the beginning. That was wild!

:applause:

And there is a scene where Apocalypse is learning about modern times. He happens across this episode of Star Trek.

whomournsfora001.jpg

A hint of his situation in relating to modern times?

Fassbender is magic.

If they had made a movie solely about Fassbender as Magneto hunting down Nazis in South America it would be better and more compelling than any of the other thousand x-men movies they've already made.

Nick, what did you think of the title sequence post-crypt scene? That was the first of four times I cried.

Followed by...

SPOILERS. Chip, check this out...

2. "WREAK HAVOK!!!"

3. Jean and Logan's moment.

4. Phoenix kicking .

Nick, what did you think of the title sequence post-crypt scene? That was the first of four times I cried.

Followed by...

SPOILERS. Chip, check this out...

2. "WREAK HAVOK!!!"

3. Jean and Logan's moment.

4. Phoenix kicking .

Hi Liam.

:hi:

I jumped around the video just to get a feel for the general story. But I did make sure to check out the Logan appearance. That moment when Jean and Logan connect was really sad, as you can tell she brought him peace for a moment before he ran off.

:(

But I would like the see the entire film in the theater so I can get the full experience.

I don't know how you guys can watch a cam version. It spoils the movie. If you're not going to watch it on the big screen then at least wait for an HD release :(

That's why I couldn't watch it that way. But it at least gave me a little more details about the film.

That Wolverine appearance was better than I expected. I'm glad at least he makes a temporary appearance that also confirms he does have the Adamantium back.