• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Superboy 68

21 posts in this topic

Looks like a lot going on there to me. I would record that

as a 4.5 in my collection.

I'll buy all your 4.5s that look like this...

I am going to check this out at home as my computer screen at home is

much sharper. Here at work I see:

-Numerous lines and creases all along the top along with a somewhat

jagged and rough edge.

-almost too many spine ticks, stress lines, cbc all along the spine.

- bottom is also pretty rough with many more creases and color loss.

- Possible stain below the Y and through the word GREAT and surrounding area. '

Could possibly pull a 5.0 in hand but sure looks like a lower end mid grade to me.

I think as is 5.0 but I can see 5.5, maybe higher given how cgc have been grading mid grades lately but then I would consider that a gift grade.

A great book. A real bargain in my opinion and majorly undervalued. Especially when you consider the prices commanded by books like Action 252, 242 and Detective 225 which are all from the same time period and all have significantly higher census populations.

2c

I don't see CGC giving this anything under 5.5. And I think it would come back 6.0. I base this on numerous mid-grade submissions I have made lately and what I've gotten back.

I agree. While I respect a lot of the people who had contributed with their scores, I have submitted enough books around this grade range that I would expect at least a 6.0

Furthermore, I really believe books in this grade don't scan well. The scanners usually amplify the defects more which causes the group to grade lower.

Just my opinion.

I don't see CGC giving this anything under 5.5. And I think it would come back 6.0. I base this on numerous mid-grade submissions I have made lately and what I've gotten back.

I agree. While I respect a lot of the people who had contributed with their scores, I have submitted enough books around this grade range that I would expect at least a 6.0

Furthermore, I really believe books in this grade don't scan well. The scanners usually amplify the defects more which causes the group to grade lower.

Just my opinion.

6.0 :o Don't tell me they are that bad at grading books ?

Just my opinion.

not bad but more lenient. seen it too many times. furthermore, I can't prove it nor am I accusing anyone of this here (especially on this thread) but depending on who posts the book, let's just say some members give other members better scores while others...

it's only human.

Just my opinion.

not bad but more lenient. seen it too many times. furthermore, I can't prove it nor am I accusing anyone of this here (especially on this thread) but depending on who posts the book, let's just say some members give other members better scores while others...

it's only human.

I saw 2 stains on my computer, 6.0 seems too high?