• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey of a True Comic Book SELLER

75 posts in this topic

Despite my 30 years as a comic dealer, and my undisputed Kingness in these two areas, I have been at times called names on these boards, have people suggest I was "crazy", some didn't "get" my jokes, but most damaging of all, despite all I have done for the hobby some members here who should know better (Bedrock, Ciorac, Dale Roberts, many more, but I'm not here to name names... yet!) have had the audacity to openly disagree with me on some of my opinions! Some have even gone so far as to offer counter-arguments to show why I was "wrong".

Thank you.

It is possible I will soon be changing my board name and theoretically I may even stop posting altogether.

Or not.

Might I suggest MrSchrodinger ?

You are, mystifyingly so, a cat lover after all

[font:Times New Roman]+1 (thumbs u

But not so mystifying. Cats are charmingly charismatic creatures! emoticon-animal-066.gif

Alternatively, he could get ahead of the curve by changing his board name to Fred Flintstone,

thereby mocking Obediah Bob's own rather pedestrian attempt at sardonic mockery. hm [/font]

Why are you using 23 type?

Easier to read for us ol' geezers in the GA forum. :preach:

Despite my 30 years as a comic dealer, and my undisputed Kingness in these two areas, I have been at times called names on these boards, have people suggest I was "crazy", some didn't "get" my jokes, but most damaging of all, despite all I have done for the hobby some members here who should know better (Bedrock, Ciorac, Dale Roberts, many more, but I'm not here to name names... yet!) have had the audacity to openly disagree with me on some of my opinions! Some have even gone so far as to offer counter-arguments to show why I was "wrong".

Thank you.

It is possible I will soon be changing my board name and theoretically I may even stop posting altogether.

Or not.

But not so mystifying. Cats are charmingly charismatic creatures! emoticon-animal-066.gif

Alternatively, he could get ahead of the curve by changing his board name to Fred Flintstone,

thereby mocking Obediah Bob's own rather pedestrian attempt at sardonic mockery. hm [/font]

Ey? What was that whippersnapper? Speak up

Thank you.

Or not.

Ey? What was that whippersnapper? Speak up

lol

Thank you.

Or not.

[font:Times New Roman] My preference is the Times New Roman font, which I'll have you know is 17 point, by cracky.[/font] :slapfight:

>>>>>>>>>> smiley-char156.gif

[font:Times New Roman] Yes siree![/font]

Thank you.

Or not.

[font:Times New Roman] My preference is the Times New Roman font, which I'll have you know is 17 point, by cracky.[/font] :slapfight:

>>>>>>>>>> smiley-char156.gif

[font:Times New Roman] Yes siree![/font]

Well, this is mine! By jimbo

yeah, that Bedrock is a total doush, but if he were to send me his 9.0 copy of Marvel Mystery Comics #36, I know somewhere deep down in my heart, I could forgive him a lifetime of transgressions that have transcended upon the boards. I know that a great weight will be lifted from him, and he, from that point forward, will use his time instilling acts of charity and appreciation toward the boards, from which he has, up to this point, take from so much... and given back so little. After all, this is the season for self-reflection as well as self-actualization. Once this has been accomplished, I have great faith that Bedrock will continue to climb upward on Maslow's hierarchy of needs and a true zen-like Bedrock will emerge from the ashes of his former self.

Richard... I'll PM you my shipping address shortly. Please be sure to send it under a six month timeframe to prove your worthiness. :insane:

Bedrock has alot of great books so you have to love him for those ,Adamstrange has ever book published,Michael is just a nice person until he wants your Planet 15 to complete his run,Bill is just your number one Bats fan with alot of knowledge of the hobby,Cheetah has the most amazing books i wish i had and only could dream of,Gator could be my son for the love of those Centaurs and the same interest in the same books we have have.When it all comes down to one thing boys its show and tell back in school and the love of those crazy little books we call comics,just enjoy what we have while we are still above ground.Where all one happy family aren't we boys and girls!

Bedrock has alot of great books so you have to love him for those ,Adamstrange has ever book published,Michael is just a nice person until he wants your Planet 15 to complete his run,Bill is just your number one Bats fan with alot of knowledge of the hobby,Cheetah has the most amazing books i wish i had and only could dream of,Gator could be my son for the love of those Centaurs and the same interest in the same books we have have.When it all comes down to one thing boys its show and tell back in school and the love of those crazy little books we call comics,just enjoy what we have while we are still above ground.Where all one happy family aren't we boys and girls!

:cloud9:

yeah, that Bedrock is a total doush, but if he were to send me his 9.0 copy of Marvel Mystery Comics #36, I know somewhere deep down in my heart, I could forgive him a lifetime of transgressions that have transcended upon the boards. I know that a great weight will be lifted from him, and he, from that point forward, will use his time instilling acts of charity and appreciation toward the boards, from which he has, up to this point, take from so much... and given back so little. After all, this is the season for self-reflection as well as self-actualization. Once this has been accomplished, I have great faith that Bedrock will continue to climb upward on Maslow's hierarchy of needs and a true zen-like Bedrock will emerge from the ashes of his former self.

Richard... I'll PM you my shipping address shortly. Please be sure to send it under a six month timeframe to prove your worthiness. :insane:

Tis better to give than to receive....

....so I give you a scan....

mm36.jpg

it all comes down to one thing boys its show and tell back in school and the love of those crazy little books we call comics

Exactly (thumbs u Couldn't have said it better sober.

:cloud9:

:sumo:

You mean the real me shines through? :foryou:

DO NOT PUT YOUR FAITH

IN A CAPE AND HOOD

THEY WILL NOT PROTECT YOU

THE WAY THAT THEY SHOULD

AND TAKE EXTRA CARE WITH STRANGERS,

EVEN FLOWERS HAVE THEIR DANGERS.

AND THOUGH SCARY IS EXCITING,

NICE IS DIFFERENT THAN GOOD.

Pm sent...

Drunken sentiments are just fine and appreciated. Sometimes I think I overdo it on the show-and-tell, but if I didn't, I think I would feel like Smaug; having the treasure but never enjoying it. You guys just have to put up with occasional fits of over-posting.