• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2013 CGC Forum Holiday Raffle!!

1,852 posts in this topic

Since something like this seems to happen year after year and not only on Christmas raffles but also in gift exchanges and charity drives, I would be inclined to begin a DO NOT PARTICIPATE list. I agree, if you can't follow through, just don't throw your hat in the ring.

well for people who don't come through, shouldn't they be put on probation/HOS anyway?

Since something like this seems to happen year after year and not only on Christmas raffles but also in gift exchanges and charity drives, I would be inclined to begin a DO NOT PARTICIPATE list. I agree, if you can't follow through, just don't throw your hat in the ring.

I agree. (thumbs u I don't think they can be on any PL/ HOS list because the stuff is free,but on the other hand don't participate if you can't follow through.

I agree. (thumbs u I don't think they can be on any PL/ HOS list because the stuff is free,but on the other hand don't participate if you can't follow through.

I agree. I thought of the PL/HOS too, but it's not completely relevant. The big question for me is, where does it go? I don't think the marketplace forum is correct, yet it's where we turn when we are looking for PL/HOS lists.

I agree. I thought of the PL/HOS too, but it's not completely relevant. The big question for me is, where does it go? I don't think the marketplace forum is correct, yet it's where we turn when we are looking for PL/HOS lists.

Maybe another sub forum,could go with the Pay it Forward knuckleheads. (shrug)

well the issue is ultimately the same right? people don't follow through on an agreement involving a comic book transaction. And other people PROBABLY won't want to deal with people on either list one would think.

I guess it would come down to the spirit vs the technical rules or whatever. I think this was discussed somewhere else before.

well the issue is ultimately the same right? people don't follow through on an agreement involving a comic book transaction. And other people PROBABLY won't want to deal with people on either list one would think.

I guess it would come down to the spirit vs the technical rules or whatever. I think this was discussed somewhere else before.

I don't venture into the PIF thread,but I would imagine it to be the same thing.Maybe we need a poll?

This was discussed when Manicnerd got scammed in the PIF by a member in Canada. A lot of board members were pretty rough about it and said that scamming PIF is no actual loss and not worthy of being on probation due to our donkey games. Our arguement was that if someone will scam you on PIF what makes you think they wouldnt do it in a sales thread. If it was me I would want to know.

This was discussed when Manicnerd got scammed in the PIF by a member in Canada. A lot of board members were pretty rough about it and said that scamming PIF is no actual loss and not worthy of being on probation due to our donkey games. Our arguement was that if someone will scam you on PIF what makes you think they wouldnt do it in a sales thread. If it was me I would want to know.
Those pesky Canucks

Those pesky Canucks

I knew it! Those darn Canadians again. hm

lol

Those pesky Canucks

lol

lol I saw that but decided not to besmurch the character of ALL canadians just because of the actions of 47 of em :grin::baiting:

Those pesky Canucks

lol

lol I saw that but decided not to besmurch the character of ALL canadians just because of the actions of 47 of em :grin::baiting:

lol

hm

I want a concession - someone needs to get me a pint of bourbon before this years' drawing!!!

(really, I bumped this thread to let everyone know how it goes down, and because I had to remember how I kept up with everything! Also, a reminder to refresh your browser if you can't see my Santa-hat av.)

:D

-slym