• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2013 CGC Forum Holiday Raffle!!

1,852 posts in this topic

A huge thanks to Hado for coming through with Harley Quinn original art.

So nice...

13231364845_1b3644fa64_c.jpg

Beautiful. :applause:

Thanks again Hado,and everyone who stepped up to make an otherwise unpleasant situation a great success. (worship)

Shootydog is awesome!!!!! I arrived home from MegaCon to find a box containing a sweet double-signed Star Wars #1 signed by Alex Ross & Brian Wood. I don't know what to say but thank you. Man, everyone really came through on this one. Just reinforces why I love this place. Thanks again to everyone involved and now the next raffle is only 9 months away. lol. :whee:

Ron

Shootydog is awesome!!!!! I arrived home from MegaCon to find a box containing a sweet double-signed Star Wars #1 signed by Alex Ross & Brian Wood. I don't know what to say but thank you. Man, everyone really came through on this one. Just reinforces why I love this place. Thanks again to everyone involved and now the next raffle is only 9 months away. lol. :whee:

Ron

:applause: I'm glad that everyone came through,hopefully we don't get a slacker this year. lol

Thanks Ryan, aka Boboset

He came through with my Holiday Raffle prize. He was prompt with it too, I just haven't had a time to say thank you in the forum. I have thanked him personally some time ago.

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a  href=Iphone%2520Pictures%2520064.JPG

From Jan 2, 2014' alt='table>'>

Thanks again. I hope to participate next year provided my personal issues get resolved.

Thanks Ryan, aka Boboset

He came through with my Holiday Raffle prize. He was prompt with it too, I just haven't had a time to say thank you in the forum. I have thanked him personally some time ago.

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a  href=Iphone%2520Pictures%2520064.JPG

From Jan 2, 2014' alt='table>'>

Thanks again. I hope to participate next year provided my personal issues get resolved.

Thanks Ryan for coming through,you are a great guy for stepping up. :applause:

Ron

:applause: I'm glad that everyone came through,hopefully we don't get a slacker this year. lol

Do we have a "slacker" list somewhere (shrug)

Ron

Do we have a "slacker" list somewhere (shrug)

If we don't we certainly should. lol

I still don't have my 2013 raffle prize.

I haven't posted about it before because I was hoping not to have to, but I'm now just fed up with the whole business. Summary of relevant posts:

29 December

- I message him offering to split shipping or have him send me fewer items (since I am in the UK).

- he messages back to say he'll send stuff "next week"

- I message back and say fine, no rush.

31 December/1 January

- he says as soon as he's not ill any more he'll send stuff

7 February

- he messages to say he's been off work for two weeks and working hard to catch up. Apologises for delay and says he'll send stuff when he gets a day off

11 March

- nothing since last message, so I bump the PM

12 March

- he apologises for delay. Personal issues. Hopes to get it sorted "next week".

That's the last I've heard. I've just PMd him to say I'm done, sorry for his troubles and I don't want any books from him. This is what I get for trying to be understanding and giving people a bit of leeway.

He last posted on 17 March so I very much doubt he's too bothered about these boards. If there is a slacker list next year, please add tjdill.

I still don't have my 2013 raffle prize.

I haven't posted about it before because I was hoping not to have to, but I'm now just fed up with the whole business. Summary of relevant posts:

29 December

- I message him offering to split shipping or have him send me fewer items (since I am in the UK).

- he messages back to say he'll send stuff "next week"

- I message back and say fine, no rush.

31 December/1 January

- he says as soon as he's not ill any more he'll send stuff

7 February

- he messages to say he's been off work for two weeks and working hard to catch up. Apologises for delay and says he'll send stuff when he gets a day off

11 March

- nothing since last message, so I bump the PM

12 March

- he apologises for delay. Personal issues. Hopes to get it sorted "next week".

That's the last I've heard. I've just PMd him to say I'm done, sorry for his troubles and I don't want any books from him. This is what I get for trying to be understanding and giving people a bit of leeway.

He last posted on 17 March so I very much doubt he's too bothered about these boards. If there is a slacker list next year, please add tjdill.

I'm sorry you had to deal with this. Check your PM's. (thumbs u

Okay,That's it! For this years raffle,don't say you can be a part of this if you can't deliver.It's ridiculous that someone should have to wait 6 months after a Christmas raffle to get their stuff.Don't play if you can't pay,though I bet whoever you are got your raffle gift! :makepoint:

I'm sorry you had to deal with this. Check your PM's. (thumbs u

Have done, and have replied - thanks.

I'm not angling for free stuff from other boardies (who have already been very generous in sorting others out). More a case of wanting to try and make sure this kind of thing happens less in future.

It never fails. NEVER. There is always at least one person that ruins the fun (although it was several this year). I' m also sorry to see you didn't receive your raffle prize. I just wish if someone is having issues with getting their prize or gift in the mail that they would let the organizer know. Its really not that hard to to send an email or pm. Stringing someone along for six months is not only lazy but totally inconsiderate.

Can you tell I agree with oakman?

That's really unfortunate - I suppose the bigger the raffle gets, the more problems we will have, but I like to think the good far outweighs the bad. So many great people make it run smooth as clockwork, I refuse to let a couple people ruin it.

Mr. Diggler came through for me as my back-up Raffle Santa since JOP disappeared!

- BATMAN 400 CGC 9.2

- Some HG Bronze Age BATMAN books

- A pile of Elseworlds BATMAN books

These were awesome!

I felt like a kid around the Christmas tree, well, without the tree...

Thanks Mr. Diggler!

I feel shame since I neglected to message him that I received them nor did I post a message here.

Can't wait until next year.

I'm already compiling a whole whack of (what I consider) valuable comic items for next year's raffle.

Since something like this seems to happen year after year and not only on Christmas raffles but also in gift exchanges and charity drives, I would be inclined to begin a DO NOT PARTICIPATE list. I agree, if you can't follow through, just don't throw your hat in the ring.