• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: X-Factor #6...

12 posts in this topic

Greetings, all! :hi:

After much speculation regarding the appearance of the character Apocalypse in an upcoming X-Men movie, I'd like to receive the much valued opinions of the community for the grade of this issue; bought off the LCS shelf when published, read only once, bagged & boarded, and taken care of to the best of my ability. Interior pages are OW/W:

xfac6f_zpsd70a1200.jpg

xfac6b_zpsb723b1f4.jpg

Thanx! And Happy Holidays! :)

Assuming that the impact damage at the top of the front cover does not break colour and that the top and bottom corners on the LHS are just rolled down on the back cover I think this book would grade out at 9.2 reading.gif

Assuming that the impact damage at the top of the front cover does not break colour and that the top and bottom corners on the LHS are just rolled down on the back cover I think this book would grade out at 9.2 reading.gif

Uh . . . . :eyeroll:

Uh . . . . :eyeroll:

oh divad always.... brodkavelarg.gif

So can you confirm if the corners on the LHS of your back cover are there? Just turned down? Not missing?

Apologies for the late reply; made scans of the ULHBC, top front & bottom, with colored paper for a better visual:

xf6ULHBC_zps894c4c22.jpg

It was a wee bit folded, complete with a tiny stain doh! and creases, due to the slight mis-centering of the cover, which caused an overhang at the top:

xf6BFC_zps8643339f.jpg

Took a scan of the upper top front cover, with the scanner door closed:

xf6TFC_zpsc0f7aae0.jpg

Looks to be a a very slight CB there...

With the slight colour break on the top of the front cover I would probably drop the grade to 9.0. The rest of the book looks quite good and I find it hard to justify a grade below 9.0 IMHO.

Your X-Factor #5 has similar impact damage and it extends to the back of the book as well in roughly the same area as this X-Factor #6 copy. I believe that copy should technically grade lower than this one! electricf.gif

We'll have to wait and let divad :insane: ring in on this post! :baiting: