• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,893 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Am I misreading the census, or is this the only graded copy of this book? 

2018-06-07-0001_zpsuoxuslp2.JPG

I would not be surprised.  Many issues of this title don't come up often.  I hope that's yours!  Hang on to it!  

1 minute ago, pmpknface said:

I would not be surprised.  Many issues of this title don't come up often.  I hope that's yours!  Hang on to it!  

Yep.  It's one of a number of romance books that I bought from Harley a couple of years ago.  The OO wrote on the front cover who she (apparently) intended to give the book to.  Many were higher-grade, but this one is a little rough. 

On 5/29/2018 at 6:11 PM, lbcolefan said:

There’s a 5.5 [Popular Teenagers #16] in the next clink auction!

Funny enough, the picture is up and it's a slabbed PT #18 with a label that says it's a PT #16.  :facepalm:  Still a nice book tho!

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

If Mickey ever got these books, I guess he/she must have given them back to the OO.  Nice copy for the grade. Really hammered for a bit of staining and a small tear on the back cover. 

2018-06-07-0001_zps1nomzekm.JPG

That is a shame looks so much nicer 

6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Am I misreading the census, or is this the only graded copy of this book? 

2018-06-07-0001_zpsuoxuslp2.JPG

The leg is Mickey's but book is yours,it is a tough one 

46 minutes ago, Microbia said:

This too is the only graded copy. Perhaps the epitome of snow lodge - fireplace - love triangle covers...  only thing missing are the skis but who needs them? 

B33098C6-28BE-470E-B4C2-593EE8798261.jpeg

Sweet!  Great Cole romance book, complete with the plaid shirt!  Gotta have that...  Just like the LB Cole sci-fi covers there should be a list of his covers with people wearing plaid!  

1 hour ago, Microbia said:

This too is the only graded copy. Perhaps the epitome of snow lodge - fireplace - love triangle covers...  only thing missing are the skis but who needs them? 

B33098C6-28BE-470E-B4C2-593EE8798261.jpeg

Nice!  I don't recall having seen a copy of that one before.

On 6/7/2018 at 4:00 PM, Sqeggs said:

If Mickey ever got these books, I guess he/she must have given them back to the OO.  Nice copy for the grade. Really hammered for a bit of staining and a small tear on the back cover. 

2018-06-07-0001_zps1nomzekm.JPG

Nothing like changing a title from "Startling Terror Tales" to "Confessions of Love"; lol. Gotta love it.

(And nice comic, btw)

On 6/15/2018 at 11:53 AM, manetteska said:

Nothing like changing a title from "Startling Terror Tales" to "Confessions of Love"; lol. Gotta love it.

(And nice comic, btw)

At least Gaines would probably have made it Startling Tales of Love or something. :)

On 6/13/2018 at 5:45 PM, pmpknface said:

Sweet!  Great Cole romance book, complete with the plaid shirt!  Gotta have that...  Just like the LB Cole sci-fi covers there should be a list of his covers with people wearing plaid!  

Looks like he is a dead man anyway, even if his name isn’t Steve Martin...