• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

6,023 posts in this topic

On 7/4/2024 at 7:44 PM, Jayman said:

BlueBoltWeird114Front.jpg.fa5df8a29b9ffea589917c0902154933.jpg

zombie invades shark week…

This is a favorite cover of mine... such a striking design. The green color choice is perfect. When I met Jay Disbrow 15-20 years ago, I should have asked him if Cole's cover or the Disbrow interior story came first since the splash mimics this cover. I did remember to have him sign it :)

Edited by *paull*

On 7/5/2024 at 3:59 PM, Jayman said:

This issue I’ve come to appreciate more. Was originally not one of my favorite BBW’s until a wise boardie showed me his gorgeous copy. He pointed out that “I wasn’t looking at the right copy.” How true! :grin:BlueBoltWeird116.jpg.fa96f92aa153dd3646890c3230a6be4c.jpg

I bet this book looks great in person with those colors. Love this cover.

I like to ask this question- How do you think BB 115 ranks? When I see lists and such I rarely see it anywhere close to the best. When I first discovered Cole this one really caught my eye.so I got the best one I could find, doesn't seem to be very popular though

1952-10 Blue Bolt 115.jpg

On 7/5/2024 at 6:26 PM, Professor K said:

I like to ask this question- How do you think BB 115 ranks? When I see lists and such I rarely see it anywhere close to the best.

To actually address your question: I’ve seen two camps for this book. One that loves the large skull cover (me included). And the other that thinks the long yellow hair detracts from the image and consider it silly looking. To each their own…

On 7/5/2024 at 6:26 PM, Professor K said:

I like to ask this question- How do you think BB 115 ranks? When I see lists and such I rarely see it anywhere close to the best. When I first discovered Cole this one really caught my eye.so I got the best one I could find, doesn't seem to be very popular though

I love it.  It was one a book I sought out pretty early. Cole's largest skull?

It also helps that it's a black cover with great color. The logo looks awesome.

Edited by *paull*

On 7/5/2024 at 4:26 PM, Professor K said:

It's popular, great book.