• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

5,912 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2024 at 11:28 PM, pmpknface said:

I can see the comments in the listing now... "Voted best LB Cole romance cover by the CGC boards!"  :kidaround:

[Heritage] "Mmm... yeah. We're just gonna go ahead and kind of... not do that?"

Screenshot2024-04-30at8_26_44AM.png.e713e0923381f848a5f727a694cb2ce0.png

On 4/29/2024 at 12:19 PM, pmpknface said:

I'm not sure if I'm ever going to find a reasonable copy of this issue.  

Cover detached... 

image.png.31db2e17429bd86a75e48378e9c4cd2e.png 

This is such a brutal cover, it must've terrified children who saw it on the stands. I love it.

On 4/16/2024 at 8:48 AM, pmpknface said:

4Most v8#5 - $810!!!  Holy shnikies!  I did NOT see that coming!  Ungraded, pretty well creased up TRC, and an often overlooked adventure title.  The only think I can think of is that there's only 1 on the census in 4.0.  It's a great cover, but that's one heck of a result!  I didn't have my 4Most issues pegged to be in my next submission, but I may have to rethink that...  

I was watching that because I own the only other CGC-graded copy (the 4.0).  I was thinking it would fetch a bit more than what I paid, but geez. lol.  I love that it didn't seem like a "typical" LB Cole that nowadays you'd associate with LB Cole.  I'm guessing we may see a few more of them getting slabbed now.  Maybe.

On 4/30/2024 at 3:11 PM, thewritestuff said:

This is such a brutal cover, it must've terrified children who saw it on the stands. I love it.

The comics that terrified me in the early '50's were the ones depicting supernatural creatures, ESP skeletons, overpowering PPL.  Atlas and Story Comics come to mind.  LB Cole never really did skeletons.

On 4/30/2024 at 6:29 PM, Telegan said:

I was watching that because I own the only other CGC-graded copy (the 4.0).  I was thinking it would fetch a bit more than what I paid, but geez. lol.  I love that it didn't seem like a "typical" LB Cole that nowadays you'd associate with LB Cole.  I'm guessing we may see a few more of them getting slabbed now.  Maybe.

I thought it was a tad excessive, but who knows with the Cole market.  I'll be grading mine eventually, just a matter of time.  Congrats on having that other!  Got a scan?  

On 5/1/2024 at 3:55 AM, fifties said:
On 4/30/2024 at 6:11 PM, thewritestuff said:

The comics that terrified me in the early '50's were the ones depicting supernatural creatures, ESP skeletons, overpowering PPL.  Atlas and Story Comics come to mind.  LB Cole never really did skeletons.

Today I find his Frisky Animals covers the most terrifying. Some of those animals are seriously messed up.