• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

6,300 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2024 at 7:49 PM, LadyDeath said:

Does anyone have the book Black Light: The World of L.B. Cole?

Was hoping to grab this but prices are exorbitant. Ebay is no different... bummer.

Great book;  over-sized with excellent reproductions

On 8/20/2024 at 11:04 PM, pmpknface said:

This title doesn't get enough love, and this cover doesn't show up often.  There was a cool UK version that went on ebay this week, but I didn't win.  That's ok, I've got enough problems worrying about domestic issues I don't need to go chasing similar covers from overseas too.  Props to those that do!  

Crime Fighting Detective #18.  Great detail in the spotlight / red cover.  Love the cops that still have shades on at what appears to be night.  :cool: 

Crime_Fighting_Detective_18a_1.jpg

The cops are usually dishing it out pretty good on the Cole covers.  They tend to be well armed and one step ahead.  Crime doesn't pay.

Ok something a bit different.... 

So there are a handful of AP reprints of Star books.  Some are totally different and some are exactly the same (Pop Teen #5).  Most of them though have 1 real difference - they are smaller.  They are more modern age size as opposed to GA sized.  This is one of those.  See if you can tell from the scans.

Dick_Cole_6a.jpg

Dick_Cole_6a_AP.jpg

http://www.thesarcasticblonde.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/NBCs_The_More_You_Know.jpg

Edited by pmpknface

On 8/19/2024 at 10:50 PM, Darwination said:

Anybody have a copy of this one I see in there?

SexMarriageandLoveCustomsAroundtheWorld(1953.Croydon)coverL.B_Cole.jpg.a54bab396ab173238fbd10bc043d2f86.jpg

"Fully Illustrated" hm

Random initial thoughts - Wow that's interesting. Nice cover. I'd like to read that, probably learn a lot of neat stuff.  Who was this comic aimed for? Horny teens of the 50's?  Middle aged men of the future? I don't know. 

On 8/26/2024 at 12:25 AM, pmpknface said:

On ebay tonight was a Cole pulp that was signed.  Missed out on it (hope one of you got it!) but that's ok as I have other signed books and stuff.  This is one of them, picked up a long time ago.  It's the reason I haven't graded it - yet.  With the SGA thing I may sub it someday.  Signed on the 1st page.  

Shock_Detective_21a.jpg

I think this is great - the shattered glass in the title logo and the half green, semi-grotesque screaming faces.  Bad vibes, man, bad vibes 😬

Did that signed Cole go a lot higher than you thought it would?  I honestly wasn't surprised at the price but that's just cuz I see the comics prices.  I've got no idea what's up with the digests and other oddities...

Edited by Darwination

On 8/27/2024 at 12:46 AM, pmpknface said:

Cole loved his floating heads...   and apparently head parts too.....  :p  Confessions of Love #4, actually the 4th issues published after it restarted from #14 at #4.  Only 5 on the census, a 7.0 at the top of this black cover.  

Confessions_Love_4a.jpg

I was looking for his signature for like 5 minutes before realizing it was on the bottom of that guy's red shirt. :149877068_mellowemoji:

Edited by LadyDeath