• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Saw the first episode.

Really liked it, but wished it weren't so darkly lit all the time. Made it hard to follow some of the scenes.

I prefer Bendis's run to Millers' -- the primary difference being Bendis made it far more realistic as an ongoing police procedural with the focus on organized crime with fewer fantastical / superhero elements (Ninjas, Elektra).

Also, the overall plotting was tighter, with subplots extending over 30-40 issues.

And again, the best Daredevil story I've read was Ed Brubaker's follow-up to Bendis' run with The Devil, Inside & Out (vol. 2 # 82-87).

Premise: At this point, everyone knows Matt Murdock is Daredevil. Kingpin engineers it so Matt goes to prison and is placed on the same block as basically his entire rogues gallery. Frank Castle discovers this, and gets himself arrested & placed onto the same cell block to volunteer as Matt's bodyguard.

It was truly incredible how seamlessly Brubaker picked up where Bendis left off. That run was outstanding.

I pulled out my Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller Volume 1. I'm tempted to skip to the second one so I get his writing and art. It has been years since I read these issues.

I loved the Decalogue arc. (Vol. 2 #71-75) :cool:

Premise: Framed around the Ten Commandments, the five-part "Decalogue" story arc is a series of one to two self-contained stories told by people whose lives have been profoundly affected by an encounter with Daredevil himself. Each testimonial will peel back another layer in the Daredevil story. Together, they offer a prismatic look at one of the most complex characters in the Marvel Universe.

Conveniently my Netflix wouldn't load when I tried watching this... Here's to trying again tonight! lol

I had some issues with it at 3:00 AM and felt :pullhair:

I had to "Remove from List" first and then click on it and it worked.

The end scene of episode 2 will go down as a classic moment in Marvel cinema. Incredible.

This mess is Fight Club raw. Congratulations to Marvel for having the stones to make it.

I just got done with Episode 2 and that was truly incredible. I was worried my expectations for this show were too high. I now think they could've been higher and I'd still have been pleasantly surprised. It's really compelling.

Stopped at two episodes to let it soak in. Top shelf excellence all the way. :applause:

Quick impressions:

1. Being blind has saved Daredevil. Mainly from Batman's fate of evolving into a gadget-laden exoskeleton.

2. I really hope they slowly introduce lots and lots of freerunning. The toe-to-toe beatdowns are pitch-perfect, but freerunning through cityscapes is Daredevil.

I'm very disappointed in ALL of you....... what are you doing actually LIKING something ? What have you people done with the REAL forum ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... and you, Harvey Swick....... staying up past your bedtime on a school night ? ..... shame, shame, shame :sumo:

:gossip: I went to bed at the normal bedtime - I just set my alarm for 4 hours earlier than normal! ;)

...right, right, and the dog ate your Closing Arguments ?.......glad you guys loved it...... I'm still not streaming(yet)..... so I either need to start, or wait for DVD...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... I'm becoming more and more a fan of the TV approach..... most of this stuff we love is just too complex for a 2 hour movie.

I haven't watched it yet. I`m saving it for weekend viewing.

So can anybody tell me without giving away spoilers is this based more on

Frank Miller`s DD or Bendis`s DD?

From the first episode, I'd say a nice balance of both.

What did Bendis do that was really all that different from Miller?

I tried to think- more organized crime while Miller focused a lot on The Hand? Miller also focused a lot on the stick/training stuff.

I'd say they weren't all that different either.

What do you think? What'd you mean by the question ComicConnoisseur?

The organized crime factor stuff similar to a Sopranos feel.

Bendis seem to focus more on the crime stuff then ninjas/Elektra.

It doesn`t matter though now, as from what I have been hearing this Daredevil Netflix show is a homerun. :cloud9:

I will be watching over the weekend. :)