• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of 2013

77 posts in this topic

I wouldn't be surprised if Lazarus sneaks in and takes over EoW as top pick. I think Todd has a chance as well.

I do like Lazarus (thumbs u

(thumbs u

and (thumbs u to the CDs you're listening to atm

:headbang:

:gossip: can never go wrong with the 1st 5 or 6 Slayer CDs.

Lazarus just might be that sleeper that goes boom. It is a great book that no one talks about.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lazarus sneaks in and takes over EoW as top pick. I think Todd has a chance as well.

I do like Lazarus (thumbs u

(thumbs u

and (thumbs u to the CDs you're listening to atm

:headbang:

:gossip: can never go wrong with the 1st 5 or 6 Slayer CDs.

Lazarus just might be that sleeper that goes boom. It is a great book that no one talks about.

Agree about Slayer. Lazarus is a great book but I think speculation was much higher as a percentage on this than EOW based on the drop in sales from issue 1 to issue 5. I believe it fell over 50% in 4 issues. Then again, print runs and prices don't always make sense do they ? lol

Graphic Novel:

Red Handed: the Fine Art of Strange Crimes by Matt Kindt. It's a series of vignettes of criminals with strange obsessions and the detective on their cases whose character's stories are interwoven into a larger, more complex story.

as far as monthlies - I'm too far behind on East of West to comment, but I do like Lazarus and Todd. Day Men is only 2 issues old, but it has a lot of promise.

Injustice Gods Among Us and Todd would be my faves this year. (thumbs u

Honorable mentions to newbie titles Letter 44 and Day Men, both of which show promise.

Among ongoing (pre-2013) series, I'm still loving Saga and Thief of Thieves.

I've picked up more moderns this year than any year since the 1980s.

Great year for reading!

Injustice Gods Among Us and Todd would be my faves this year. (thumbs u

Honorable mentions to newbie titles Letter 44 and Day Men, both of which show promise.

Among ongoing (pre-2013) series, I'm still loving Saga and Thief of Thieves.

I've picked up more moderns this year than any year since the 1980s.

Great year for reading!

Great minds think alike.

I would have added Letter 44, Day Men and Manifest Destiny, but all 3 dont have enough issues yet to count.

I just read Manifest Destiny 2 today and that's shaping up to be a real strong book, and enjoyed Alex + Ada quite a bit. I am a huge fan of Sex Criminals as well, not for everyone, but I think it's a great book.

Also, you're in for some solid read mg