• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandman Movie!

324 posts in this topic

SO happy picked two copies of #1 in NM out of a 2 dollar bin at a show a few months ago.

:applause:

I went back to my LCS to see if he still had my old Sandman copies this weekend in his dollar bins - and not surprisingly, they were long gone.

I'm thinking of cashing in soon....maybe selling my low number sandmans and keeping #1?

Hard to tell when the time is right, I mean did I hear this correctly, it's gonna be directed by gorden levy? This needs Cameron level work....

Yeah I'll probably sell my #8...it's a NM but I don't know if its a cgc capable copy...

I guess I find it a little hokey that 'DEATH' has a first appearance. It's like saying taxes had a first experience...hmmm oh wait

I'm thinking of cashing in soon....maybe selling my low number sandmans and keeping #1?

Hard to tell when the time is right, I mean did I hear this correctly, it's gonna be directed by gorden levy? This needs Cameron level work....

has Gordon Levitt directed anything before? Didn't he direct premium rush or whatever that movie was called?

has Gordon Levitt directed anything before? Didn't he direct premium rush or whatever that movie was called?

I don't know about premium rush, but he directed his recent movie that was basically an excuse for him to bang Scarlet Johansson.

Regardless, I believe the statement he made was that he's producing the film.

He hasn't been set as the director, or an actor, in the film.

All of that is still up in the air.

Gaiman Accepts Maverick Spirit Award, Talks "Sandman" Movie, Importance of "Coraline"

Despite his cautious attitude, Gaiman did acknowledge that things were looking good this time around. "Joseph Gordon-Levitt, of all people, is an enormous 'Sandman' fan. He and David Goyer talked about it, they've come up, I believe, with a treatment of what they want the story of the first movie to be. They are talking to an incredible writer [Jack Thorne], who I coincidentally already knew, because he did the movie -script for 'The Ocean at the End of the Lane,' so I've met him and loved his treatment of my work. And Wednesday afternoon I will be spending with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and talking 'Sandman!' That's pretty much everything I know. Now you know as much as I know."

Gaiman material has a history of getting made into movies, if anything, that gives me some hope.

The last book he wrote is set to be produced by Tom Hanks already. Anyone with a shot of producing Sandman would be a mug not to take it now, seeing as his popularity isn't remotely just confined to comic nerds.

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/07/neil-gaiman-boo-signing-world-record