• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 - who do you want to get SS'd?

122 posts in this topic

I started a thread in Comics general on what your comic goals might be for 2014, but I thought I would see what everyone in Signature Series land is looking to do in 2014. Who is the white whale still eluding you? The sketch that is going to finally get crossed off your list? How much of your money is going to the Dscott slush fund? :lol:

Me personally I'm going to try and limit the number of books I do this year. I need to try and recover a bit from 2013. With that said I have a list of celebrity SS books I want to get and a list of sketch books or autos I want to get from artists next year. Some are easy, some, near impossible or to my knowledge haven't been done yet.

Artists/Comic

Neal Adams sketch

Stan Lee auto

Mike Grell sketch

Mark Shultz sketch

Most of these I'm planning on taking care of at either Heroes or Big Wow with a little help hopefully.

The celebrity list will be the one to see if anyone can pull it off.

Lynda Carter

Michael Shanks (DragonCon hopefully)

Carrie Fisher

Charisma Carpenter

Sarah Michelle Gellar

I will substitute one or two people in towards the end of the year if it looks like once again SMG or Lynda Carter doesn't happen, but they are on the list!

I'm too new to this to have a tough elusive item that I'm chasing, but I would like to get a Stan Lee and Fraction SS book this year (will get Fraction at ECCC). From a celebrity perspective looking forward to getting Dushku and Richard Dean Anderson at ECCC. I think for me it's now more about meeting some of the folks vs. using a facilitator to chase them all down.

From a sketch perspective, while a Jim Lee or J Scott Campbell would be the ideal grails, for this year I'm happy to be using the new GI Joe blank to get some of the regular Joe artists to sketch.

2014 will be my second year as a CGC collector. I've spent this year trying to learn the ropes. I've done pretty well, made a few missteps, but I'm really excited about 2014!!

Artists:

Any artist over 80 years old (and find more slabbed books of recently deceased artists.)

Trimpe

Steranko

Wein

Wrightson

Delbo

ALL Sandman artists

Celebs:

More Game of Thrones

More True Blood

More Buffy and Angel

Grimm (TV show)

More Star Trek TV actors (especially more original series)

Still considering finally jumping in on Walking Dead?

More 60's sci-fi

Holding out hope for the impossible:

James Jean

Jon J Muth

Neil Gaiman

Leonard Nimoy

Michael Dooney - Shredder Sketch

Stan Sakai - Usagi/Turtle Sketch

Eric Talbot - Shredder Sketch

Kevin Eastman - Anything TMNT related sketch

Celebs:

TrueBlood Photo Covers - Sookie, Bill, Eric

George R.R. Martin - NECRA #1

Chloe Moretz - Let Me In Photo Cover

Andrew Lincoln - 10th Anniversary Color Edition

David Morrissey - Gov Special

Danai Gurira - Michonne Special

Michael Dooney - Shredder Sketch

Stan Sakai - Usagi/Turtle Sketch

Eric Talbot - Shredder Sketch

Kevin Eastman - Anything TMNT related sketch

Celebs:

TrueBlood Photo Covers - Sookie, Bill, Eric

George R.R. Martin - NECRA #1

Chloe Moretz - Let Me In Photo Cover

Andrew Lincoln - 10th Anniversary Color Edition

David Morrissey - Gov Special

Danai Gurira - Michonne Special

I'm DYING for a Moretz' autograph...I preordered one 8x10 and one 11x17 via Celeb Authentics but want to meet her at a show so I can get a Let Me In cover witnessed for CGC SS. Hopefully she goes to a show next year!

Creators:

Stan Lee - I really just want to meet him

Every creator that worked on Harley Quinn #0 - sigs on the regular and variant covers and remarks and sigs on the blank cover.

As for celebs I'm focusing on adding to or starting cast signed books:

Smallville - the 6 actors at Megacon

Arrow - Already have 5 actors, hoping to add at least Stephen Amell this year if not more.

Lost - if any of them show up, I have a perfect magazine for it.

Game of Thrones - Really want to add Emilia Clarke :heart: :wishluck:

Serenity - hope to get the whole cast on the new comic coming out

Creators:

Lost - if any of them show up, I have a perfect magazine for it.

Game of Thrones - Really want to add Emilia Clarke :heart: :wishluck:

Oh yeah.....+1 to those too!....probably just Jack/Locke/Kate/Sawyer....idk if I would pay for the others

Have the Losties ever done any signings? IDK if there would ever be a reason to get them all together for a SDCC or NYCC unless it was maybe a 10th reunion or maybe a comic like the new X-Files one? Would be cool to see what happens on the island w/ Hurley in charge!! Make it happen IDW!!

For me I have a lot of high goals this coming year. A few multi-covers I would like to have done but for me my three big names for the new year would be a

Leinil Yu - Full Figure Cable holding a baby Hope

David Finch - Cable and Hope

Clayton Crain - Apocalypse vs Stryfe

Thos e would be my Boom, Mike Drop, Walk away piece on top of the Multi-covers doing this coming year.

And for dscott gonna go safe and say, all of it, I will give dscott all my monies :insane: