• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

Why is everyone surprised it was a decent movie more than you get nowadays from most movies :o

Everyone is saying they are surprised this was a decent movie? If everyone....

:o

that means you too.

:ohnoez:

:baiting:

Why is everyone surprised it was a decent movie more than you get nowadays from most movies :o

i dont think very many people are surprised. Many saw it as doing exactly what was expected.

Your right, they are clueless. Its our loss.

Its good to see how well this has been received in China. This has become another HUGE hit for the Disney/Marvel team.Considering it had such a small budget its actually one of their biggest hits and will probably just miss making the top ten grossing list of 2015

Its good to see how well this has been received in China. This has become another HUGE hit for the Disney/Marvel team.Considering it had such a small budget its actually one of their biggest hits and will probably just miss making the top ten grossing list of 2015

It's production budget is only $10 to $20 million less than most of the 1st phase Marvel movies. And we don't know what the marketing budget was, but my guess is it was larger than most of those 1st phase movies. In the end, my guess is Ant Man cost about the same.

It's production budget is only $10 to $20 million less than most of the 1st phase Marvel movies. And we don't know what the marketing budget was, but my guess is it was larger than most of those 1st phase movies. In the end, my guess is Ant Man cost about the same.

I don't know about that. Once you adjust for inflation those other movies would cost much more to make today. They did a great job of reining in the budget yet producing a high quality product with Antman.

I don't know about that. Once you adjust for inflation those other movies would cost much more to make today. They did a great job of reining in the budget yet producing a high quality product with Antman.

The other movies would cost more, but not that much. Considering the oldest Marvel phase I movie is The Incredible Hulk which came out in 2008. Only 7 years ago. It's not like inflation has been high these past few years.

The reason Ant Man's marketing budget is most likely more is because of the Chinese market. That market has opened up in a big way in the past few years. But, marketing is needed over there just like it is needed here. And marketing costs are not cheap. How well would the initial phase I movies have done if they had the same Chinese market that Ant Man has?

I'm not saying Ant Man wasn't a hit for Marvel. It was. But I don't think it was any bigger of a hit than most of Marvel's movies and Bosco's numbers bear this out. And any idea that this "unknown" hero had an uphill battle to climb is nonsense. The Marvel Brand alone put butts in the seats which would make it easier for an initial Ant Man movie to make money than say an initial Captain America movie. In fact, any Marvel movie going forward will have that goodwill until Marvel makes a bad movie.

The other movies would cost more, but not that much. Considering the oldest Marvel phase I movie is The Incredible Hulk which came out in 2008. Only 7 years ago. It's not like inflation has been high these past few years.

The reason Ant Man's marketing budget is most likely more is because of the Chinese market. That market has opened up in a big way in the past few years. But, marketing is needed over there just like it is needed here. And marketing costs are not cheap. How well would the initial phase I movies have done if they had the same Chinese market that Ant Man has?

I'm not saying Ant Man wasn't a hit for Marvel. It was. But I don't think it was any bigger of a hit than most of Marvel's movies and Bosco's numbers bear this out. And any idea that this "unknown" hero had an uphill battle to climb is nonsense. The Marvel Brand alone put butts in the seats which would make it easier for an initial Ant Man movie to make money than say an initial Captain America movie. In fact, any Marvel movie going forward will have that goodwill until Marvel makes a bad movie.

100% in agreement

I don't know... does the average non-comic fan know the difference between Marvel studios and anyone else?

What's funny is explaining to the average non-comic fan the MCU that I grew up with(characters, storylines, etc) and what Marvel has done to it on the big screen.