• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

Hey Nick, do you know if they inserted famous Chinese actors/actresses into Ant-Man scenes for the Asian release?

They did this with Bingbing Fan in Iron-Man in 2008 (she was later to become Blink in DOFP) when they produced a couple of scenes with her playing a news reporter. These were exclusively for the Asian market and really spiced up interest (she is incredibly popular in China) in Iron Man - with great box office figures.

Seeing as China responded well to this, I wondered if they had cast her (probably not as she has a 5 film X-Men deal) or someone similar to 'pique' interest.

Any idea Nick?

PS: keep up the good work - I enjoy this part of the forum very much!

Nothing I have read yet confirms there was a Chinese-dedicated scene like what Marvel Studios did in Iron Man III.

Woman: Doctor Hu, he's almost here.

Doctor: Got it, let's go.

Doctor: If everything goes according to plan, the surgery should take three and a half hours. Time will fly, so if you're feeling fatigued, dizzy, or want to take a rest, make sure you tell me.

Woman: Mhmm.

Doctor: I need you to remain calm and collected throughout the surgery. You can take a minutes break if you need.

Woman: I understand.

Doctor: I have faith in your abilities. (Doctor looks at her)

Doctor: Are you ok? / Is there a problem?

Woman: Have we... have we thought this through?

Doctor: We? (laughs) What do you mean?

Woman: If anything happens, if anything goes wrong, the world will lose a great hero...

Doctor: Yes. And the entire world will know who did it. Right?

Woman (cutting in): What I mean is... We've never carried out this type of surgery before. What's more... in every simulation we've ever done... none of the patients made it.

Doctor: About time you got a new computer.

Woman: (sighs)

Stark (narration): As promised, I operated on Pepper. But then I thought, why stop here? Of course, people will say, changing him is dangerous, but that's because that bunch of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons don't have this thing in their chest, and now I didn't either. It's been a long time since I've had a good night's sleep.

Doctor (on phone with Chinese JARVIS): How is he?

Jarvis: I have notified Mr Stark. The medical advice you have given him is very critical in maintaining his health.

Doctor (laughing): Does he even listen to you?

Jarvis: Occasionally.

Doctor: Hah, who's he going to listen to, with all his big ideas... he's my friend. How could I not worry for him? He worries for so many people, but who's there to worry about him? This...this is our duty.

Although the local Chinese market appreciated seeing actors known to them, the response was mixed because of the way the content and product placement was handled.

'Iron Man 3' China-Only Scenes Draw Mixed Response

Could it be due to this Marvel didn't attempt something like Iron Man III again?

So did Antman make it to $100 mil in the chinese market?

China has been great for these movies.

$81,870,000

But remember. This is only the second week of its opening in China, though from the past three movies it would appear the first three weeks is when the bulk of the Chinese box office is amassed.

YPex5On.png

]Terminator Genisys & Transformers 4,[/b] I'm pretty sure did better in China than in the US. But I might be wrong there. If they didn't do better, they were very very close.

those are both correct. TG was a dud in the US so it's not that surprising but T4 did $245MM US and $320MM in China.

Have we decided if this film was a hit or not yet?

Did you like it? How was Rudd? I still haven't seen it.

Yes. Great. You should.

How about your non-nerd friends, family, & colleagues? How did they react, if at all?

Yes. Great. You should.

How about your non-nerd friends, family, & colleagues? How did they react, if at all?

I can say that the few non-nerd friends of mine who saw it casually enjoyed it (thumbs u

Yes. Great. You should.

My wife really enjoyed it.