• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman Adventures #12 (1st Harley Quinn)

22 posts in this topic

Disclaimer: This is my first time scanning a comic book before. Furthermore, it is my first time scanning a comic book and subsequently sharing it here to receive opinions on grade. I hope that I have done this correctly.

I just picked this book up last weekend. It has been my "Holy Grail" book for a while now. I'm definitely happy with the purchase and I intend to submit it to CGC. That being said, I would like some early opinions as to what range it may ultimately grade. I look forward to seeing your opinions.

sNhcLNf.jpg

GzOd6cH.jpg

my eyes may be playing tricks on me, but I see several significant spine ticks/ creases. If they are not there in person then I can see it getting the high grades posted by the above. That said, I see a big spine crease by Harley's head, and several other smaller ones on the spine that have me say this book is an 8.5.

my eyes may be playing tricks on me, but I see several significant spine ticks/ creases. If they are not there in person then I can see it getting the high grades posted by the above. That said, I see a big spine crease by Harley's head, and several other smaller ones on the spine that have me say this book is an 8.5.

+1

If that is a big color-breaking crease by Harley's head, then no way this book is a 9.6. It's a nice looking book, but if that is a crease, the grade will take a bit of a hit.

Thanks for all of the input, guys. I think that there may, in fact, be a crease next to Harley's head. It is VERY difficult to see in person, but it is plain as day in the scan. If that is the case, it seems as though the consensus is that this book will drop from being a 9.6 candidate to an 8.5 candidate. Ouch!

In any event, I'm just glad to have the book. Although, if it does come back an 8.5, I feel like I overpaid for this book by a little bit.

Upon closer inspection, it looks like more of "dent" than a crease, if that makes any sense. It doesn't seem to break color, at least not when I look at it with a naked eye. Again, though, I am new to grading and probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

No way is that book an 8.5... are you kidding me? 9.4.

Like I said, if the defects I can see in the large scan is in fact a crease/ dent that wont press out it is rather large: looks longer than half an inch to me. I marked in red elipse what I see on the larger scan.

sNhcLNf_zps1c1f797d.jpg

If what I see isn't really there, then yes 9.4 easily.

Thanks for the additional feedback, guys.

I can definitely see what Artboy99 is talking about. The only one from the scan that is actually visible to the naked eye on my book is the one near Harley's head. Even then, it doesn't appear to break color and I believe it is a small crease. Any idea if pressing would fix that issue?

In any event, I plan to submit it to CGC here in the very near future.

Like I said, if the defects I can see in the large scan is in fact a crease/ dent that wont press out it is rather large: looks longer than half an inch to me. I marked in red elipse what I see on the larger scan.

(image with the circles was here)

If what I see isn't really there, then yes 9.4 easily.

awesome job with the eagle eye marks @artboy99! it's time i upgrade my computer screen or get an eye exam. I originally gave a 9.6 but I'd be more confident at a 9.4

as for the top staple pushed in, here's to giving you some more hope:

2013-12-23144820_zps88974a3e.jpg