• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SUPERMAN #53 vs BATMAN #47

17 posts in this topic

Which of these two do you feel is of more value...

SUPERMAN #53...CGC Universal Grade 3.0 Off-White to White

or BATMAN #47...CGC Universal Grade 3.5 Cream to Off-White.

mm

My opinion hardly carries much weight around here but only time & experience will help increase that...IMHO the Batman #47 is more valuable...at least recently monetarily speaking...The Sups with its PQ could probably fetch $450 and the Bats would be closer to a $700 dollar book...Both are cool Yeller covers that state origin on them...so I would rather take a cool "G" and bye both and sit em' side by side (thumbs u

My opinion hardly carries much weight around here but only time & experience will help increase that...IMHO the Batman #47 is more valuable...at least recently monetarily speaking...The Sups with its PQ could probably fetch $450 and the Bats would be closer to a $700 dollar book...Both are cool Yeller covers that state origin on them...so I would rather take a cool "G" and bye both and sit em' side by side (thumbs u

Clearly the Batman 47 is the more valuable of the two, and while both books expand upon the origin/mythos of their respective characters, there is nothing as cool as Batman tracking down and coming face to face with his parents' killer in the Superman book.

Clearly the Batman 47 is the more valuable of the two, and while both books expand upon the origin/mythos of their respective characters, there is nothing as cool as Batman tracking down and coming face to face with his parents' killer in the Superman book.

hm

Batman 47 all day and twice on sunday

Could not agree any more with this.

By the time Superman 53 arrives on newstands, the world had already seen Superman's origin published in Action 1, Superman 1 and in the newspapers. Keep in mind that by 1948, Superboy had already been around for three years developing Superman's origin on a monthly basis.

Batman? Batman had a more limited retelling of his origin with Tec' 27 and 33' being the only the real providers of any type of origin until Batman 47.

Batman 47 is the way to go imho.

By the time Superman 53 arrives on newstands, the world had already seen Superman's origin published in Action 1, Superman 1 and in the newspapers. Keep in mind that by 1948, Superboy had already been around for three years developing Superman's origin on a monthly basis.

Batman? Batman had a more limited retelling of his origin with Tec' 27 and 33' being the only the real providers of any type of origin until Batman 47.

There was no origin told in Tec 27. 33 was the first and only until batman 47.

-J.

There was no origin told in Tec 27. 33 was the first and only until batman 47.

-J.

That is correct (thumbs u