• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the best Marvel/DC animated series/movies?
1 1

367 posts in this topic

There aren't any right now. You missed Batman and Superman Public Enemies, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, and Batman: Under the red Hood by a couple of months. (NLA on netflix). You can stream any of these plus a ton more for about $3/ea on Amazon, though.

If you have Amazon Prime, you can see:

Batman The animated Series (seasons 1-4) for free

Superman: The animated Series (seasons 1-3) for free.

Netflix currently has the series:

Green Lantern: The animated Series (26 ep, FYI: I'm NOT a fan of this show)

Justice League (2 seasons 52 ep. <- also not a fan)

Justice League Unlimited (season 1, 39 ep) <-this currently shows on Sat morning cartoons locally to me.

Young Justice (season 1 22 episode)

Batman Beyond (seasons 1-3, 52 ep full run)

Both of these last ones so good that I've watched them both 3 times, atleast.

You have to either watch pirated Young Justice 2nd season, or buy it somewhre (Totally worth seeing, if you like the first season!).

I agree with some of the earlier posters that except for some of the early Marvel stuff, the DC animated shows are far and beyond the better entertainment (and I grew up loving everything Marvel). The early X-men show from the late 80's, early 90's was pretty good. But that was about it.

Back to the animated Movies. The ones that I know you can get on Amazon:

Batman: Under the Red Hood

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

DCU: Son of Batman

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Green Lantern: First flight

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights (I liked First Flight better)

Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox

Justice League: War (never saw this one)

Justice League: Doom

$3, will let you rent it to watch for 24 hours. $13-$19 will let you own it indefinately through your Amazon account.

EFT (edited for Truth)

Edited by Firespitter

There aren't any right now. You missed Batman and Superman Public Enemies, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, and Batman: Under the red Hood by a couple of months. (NLA on netflix). You can stream any of these plus a ton more for about $3/ea on Amazon, though.

If you have Amazon Prime, you can see:

Batman The animated Series (seasons 1-4) for free

Superman: The animated Series (seasons 1-3) for free.

Netflix currently has the series:

Green Lantern: The animated Series (26 ep, FYI: I'm NOT a fan of this show)

Justice League (2 seasons 52 ep. <- also not a fan)

Justice League Unlimited (season 1, 39 ep) <-this currently shows on Sat morning cartoons locally to me.

Young Justice (season 1 22 episode)

Batman Beyond (seasons 1-3, 52 ep full run)

Both of these last ones so good that I've watched them both 3 times, atleast.

You have to either watch pirated Young Justice 2nd season, or buy it somewhre (Totally worth seeing, if you like the first season!).

I agree with some of the earlier posters that except for some of the early Marvel stuff, the DC animated shows are far and beyond the better entertainment (and I grew up loving everything Marvel). The early X-men show from the late 80's, early 90's was pretty good. But that was about it.

Back to the animated Movies. The ones that I know you can get on Amazon:

Batman: Under the Red Hood

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

DCU: Son of Batman

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Green Lantern: First flight

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights (I liked First Flight better)

Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox

Justice League: War (never saw this one)

Justice League: Doom

$3, will let you rent it to watch for 24 hours. $13-$19 will let you own it indefinately through your Amazon account.

EFT (edited for Truth)

I've watched all those series on Netflix you listed aside from the Green Lantern, and I really enjoyed them. Now it's time for me to dig into their movies.

Just watched Batman: Under the Red Hood. Good stuff.

Thank you for the recommendations. YOU ROCK! :headbang:

Justice League: Throne of Atlantis featurette included on the 'Batman: Assault on Arkham' Blu-Ray.

Now this approach would definitely put a darker, much more interesting spin on Aquaman's background and transition into a superhero.

:applause:

Justice League: Throne of Atlantis featurette included on the 'Batman: Assault on Arkham' Blu-Ray.

Now this approach would definitely put a darker, much more interesting spin on Aquaman's background and transition into a superhero.

:applause:

:whee:

Definitely gonna get Superman Unbound this week. I keep putting it off for no reason. I love Supergirl. I still think Wonder Woman in DC's best animated movie (Superman/Batman: Apocalypse a close second). Bought a brand new Green Lantern: First Flight for a quarter at a yard sale, so I'm looking forward to watching that too.

I gotta say for the Marvel stuff, nothing beats the Marvel Superhero Squad. It's geared mainly for kids, but has a sneaky wit for adults. You have to love an episode where Thor is stranded on a spacestation and goes all "Castaway" with Mjolnir as his Wilson (complete with painted face lol ), a Wolverine/H.E.R.B.I.E. team-up (he scrolls a long list of prior team-ups before hand to make sure it's a first lol ), Captain America (in white jacket and clipboard) psycho analyzing Dr. Doom or Scarlet Witch getting zapped back to the Salem Witch trials (of course she will be found guilty of being a witch). Great stuff!

Harry Lennix To Voice Black Manta in JUSTICE LEAGUE: THRONE OF ATLANTIS

-----------------

Recently on Twitter a fan asked who would be playing the Black Manta in Justice League: Throne of Atlantis, Gary Miereanu responded saying announcing that Harry Lennix will be voice Black manta for the film.

-----------------

More and more this is feeling like it is going to be another DC animated classic.

Young Justice is Really Good. Unfortunately, they end at season 2.

Agreed, excellent show.

Call me a fan boy, but the Green Lantern animated series was great, too. I honestly believe Timm can drop a deuce on a platter and it would taste like filet mignon. Not sure why they pulled the plug on those two shows so quick.

Agreed, excellent show.

Call me a fan boy, but the Green Lantern animated series was great, too. I honestly believe Timm can drop a deuce on a platter and it would taste like filet mignon. Not sure why they pulled the plug on those two shows so quick.

My sons and I were really getting into the Green Lantern show. Great animation, great character selection, stories that were engaging while still safe for kids - and then it was all gone.

What a shame.

Is Justice League: Doom any good? I dvr'd it the other night but haven't watched it yet. I liked New Frontier and All Star Superman.

It's a must watch!

Just finished watching it. Very good! :applause:

With Marvel's Netflix/Daredevil deal it's a shame DC doesn't tap Netflix for continuing Young Justice. All the pre-production costs, designs and such, are done.

I think it would be a major hit for Netflix, both in viewership and buzz. Young Justice was killed in it's unfinished prime.