• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the best Marvel/DC animated series/movies?
1 1

367 posts in this topic

For my 20th animated DC movie,

...and although, it's technically a short, Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam helps erase a lot of the stank Captain Marvel has left in the DC Universe with Justice League: War and Justice League: Throne of Atlantis with movie quality animation. Perfect origin set-up that goes straight to the action. Black Adam is one bad-mother (he randomly kills). Wish it was longer and had some Mary Marvel.

1. Superman/Batman: Apocalypse***1/2

2. Superman/Batman: Public Enemies***1/2

3. The Batman Superman Movie***1/2

4. All-Star Superman***1/2

5. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox***1/2

6. Batman: Assault on Arkham***1/2

7. Wonder Woman***

8. Son of Batman***

9. Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker***

10. Batman: Year One***

11. Superman: Doomsday***

12. Superman/Shazam!: Return of Black Adam***

13. Superman Unbound***

14. Green Lantern: First Flight***

15. Justice League: Throne of Atlantis**1/2

16. Batman: Gotham Knight**1/2

17. Green Lantern: Emerald Knights**1/2

18. Justice League: Doom**

19. Justice League: War*1/2

20: JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time*1/2

Honorable Mention: The Lego Movie***

...and although, it's technically a short, Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam helps erase a lot of the stank Captain Marvel has left in the DC Universe with Justice League: War and Justice League: Throne of Atlantis with movie quality animation. Perfect origin set-up that goes straight to the action. Black Adam is one bad-mother (he randomly kills). Wish it was longer and had some Mary Marvel.

7. Wonder Woman***

8. Son of Batman***

13. Superman Unbound***

Batman frank Miller dark knight? not #1

7. Wonder Woman***

8. Son of Batman***

13. Superman Unbound***

Batman frank Miller dark knight? not #1

Haven't watched it yet. (thumbs u

The DC shorts of the Super/Shazam! movie wre friggin' brilliant too.

I had just finished Bullitt Sunday night and was surprised to hear a homage of Lalo Schifrin on The Spectre short as Corrigan does his policework. It was like you did a time warp to Dirty Harry. After five minutes you are getting worried it's gonna get old than the music changes to a nod to John Carpenter's music in Christine as the Spectre posesses a car. Loved the energy!

Than Thomas Jane's voice in the Jonah Hex was remarkable. That short had more twists and close calls than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Remarkably, it made me want to watch the awful movie again for more Jonah even. lol

With the Green Arrow short (which I've already seen), highly recommended!

First Look at Next DC Animated Movie JUSTICE LEAGUE: GODS AND MONSTERS

Justice League: Gods and Monsers is centered around the murder of Ray Palmer, Silas Stone, Victor Fries and other DCU scientists, and the Justice League is being framed for it. They make an attempt to investigiate the murders and deal with the mounting pressure from outside sources. Kirk Langstrom has cancer and tries to find a cure, and in doing so injects himself with some sort of Bat-Venom becoming a pseudo-vampire. In order to feed his thirst for blood, he feeds on criminal scum. Superman is not the Clark we know and love, instead this is the son of General Zod, a lot more violent Superman than Clark ever was.

Is this Bruce Timm doing an Elseworld? Exciting he's involved again, so I'm in. But that description sans 'elseworld' gives pause. And that's an article, not a press release, so... :wishluck:

Justice League: Gods and Monsters First Look

We knew that Justice League: Gods and Monsters would be a standalone Justice League film. We knew it would come from the creative mind of Bruce Timm, but we didn’t know how radical a departure this would be from your typical Justice League characters and stories.

Thanks. (thumbs u

Distorted/stretched images is a pet peeve, bugging the hell out of me. So I grabbed the stylesheet and did what I *think* may be more accurate.

Anyway, I wonder who Wonder Woman is? Redhead, so... Maxima maybe?

JLgodsandmonsters.jpg

Superman of this world is the son of General Zod. He is a bit more violent. Well a lot more violent, and has seen the ugliness of mankind being raised by migrate farmers.

Batman is not Bruce Wayne. Instead, it is Kirk Langstrom, who has cancer. And in trying to find a cure injects himself with Bat-venom becoming a pseudo-vampire. He feeds on criminals to cure his bloodlust.

Wonder Woman seems to be of the “New Gods” She marries Orion but something goes wrong there and she comes to Earth.

Darkseid is in it, but don’t really expand on his role.

Lex Luthor is seen as the “Stephen Hawkings” of the world. He doesn’t seek power, but knowledge, but they warn that with Luthor always more than meets the eye.

hm

It could be really good if the story is solid. I just hope there's no 'general public' backlash over bait&switch using "Justice League" to sell it.

They kind of pulled that same maneuver with the recent Suicide Squad movie using "Batman". Justice League and Justice League Unlimited were out there a long time with millions of viewers, to the point "Elseworld" should be made clear at point-of-purchase.

It could be really good, if the story is solid. I just hope there's no backlash over 'bait & switch' using "Justice League" to sell it.

They kind of pulled that same maneuver with the recent Suicide Squad movie using "Batman". Justice League and Justice League Unlimited were out there a long time with millions of viewers, to the point "Elseworld" should be made clear at point-of-purchase.

That's the one thing that should be called out clearly so fairly new viewers realize they didn't purchase the wrong movie.

Batman as a vampire feels so much like 'Red Rain'.

:cloud9:

Whoever mentioned All Star Superman I have to agree with. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Outside of Marvel / DC

I also want to throw GI Joe Resolute out there. Joe Resolute was better than the live action movies and in no way related nor in the tone of the old cartoon series. I enjoyed it for what it was. Here is a 10 minute clip featuring Snake Eyes v Storm Shadow after Storm Shadow has assassinated a member of the Joe team to send a "message" to Snake Eyes.

Watched a couple animated funnybook movies this afternoon. Iron Man: Extremis was pretty god-awful (I'm not a fan of motion-comics to begin with. It seems cheap) and the wonderfully exciting Under The Red Hood. Walmart has a superhero sale on double disc DC animated DVDs, so I picked up a few for my collection. They are full of bonuses.

I have Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Edition to watch next, but I might take a break from these kind of movies tonight and watch Pretty Woman or something. lol

7. Wonder Woman***

8. Batman: Under The Red Hood***

9. Son of Batman***

10. Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker***

11. Batman: Year One***

12. Superman: Doomsday***