• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Artist Creates Awesome Fantastic Four Poster Using Abandoned Russian Hospital

Usually you don't want your hospital to be associated with the word "doom," but that's the reality for a Russian town whose abandoned medical center looks suspiciously like the face of the Fantastic Four's most formidable foe from the air.

Fan art ninja and friend of the site BossLogic took an aerial photo of Hovrinskaya, an abandoned hospital in Moscow. The original photo is one of more than twenty shots of the facility shared on a message board by people exploring modern-day ruins, abandoned construction sites, etc.

4pBsIQi.png

Now if only we could get a solid Fantastic Four story to go along with that imagery. Like there is a secret Doctor Doom facility containing world-threatening weapons.

:cry:

The backstory of the facility is scary enough, though.

For many years, a huge building that looks like a ghost ship, frightens its inhabitants view Hovrina, district on the northern outskirts of Moscow. This monument to the Soviet long-term construction has long been popularly notorious.

Hovrinskuyu abandoned hospital is often called the house of horrors, or the citadel of darkness, and that is a very good reason. What nightmares or have seen in their lifetime these dark walls! It all began in 1981. While Moscow authorities have conceived to build on the edge of a huge medical complex, which had no analogues in the Soviet Union. According to the project, a new hospital consisted of six 10-storey buildings and had to accommodate 1,300 inpatients (note for comparison that in the Sklifosovsky Hospital, a total of just over 900 beds).

Multi-storey building in Hovrino built in the style of brutalism. Building type is original and not quite typical for administrative buildings in the Soviet period. Hospital building is shaped with a triangular cross extra branching at the ends. The hospital has 2 buildings: the main building, reminiscent of the shape of a star and ophthalmic building, which was located a mortuary and crematorium.

Local old-timers give another reason why hovrinskuyu hospital from the very beginning plagued failures. It is said that earlier in place of the vacant lot was an old cemetery. It was razed to the ground in 1960, but to build something on the site, according to residents of the area, was a mistake. Since the last worker left the area, reinforced concrete giant began its own life, full of mystery and tragedy.

They built it on top of an old cemetery? Have they never watched American movies before?

Toby Kebbell Expresses FANTASTIC FOUR Frustrations; Says Josh Trank Cut A "Great" Film We'll Never See

"I tell you, the honest truth is [Trank] did cut a great film that you’ll never see," the actor revealed in a recent interview with The Daily Beast. "That is a shame. A much darker version, and you’ll never see it." B-Roll footage showed off the Fantasticar, while early trailers did point to a much darker tone than the generic blockbuster territory the heavily reshot second half of the movie had upon release.

Kebbell then went on to reveal that he didn't take part in those reshoots and that a sequence featuring Victor Von Doom's (a.k.a. Victor Domashev) horrific transformtion into Doctor Doom ended up being cut altogether .

"I played Doom in three points: Walking down a corridor, killing the doctor and getting into the time machine, and lying on the bench. They were the only times I played Doom. Everything else was some other guy, on some other day… doing some other thing. I was infuriated that he was allowed to limp like that! I missed the press tour for Planet of the Apes because I was lying under rubble, slowly rising out of the ashes to be Doctor Doom. Never made it to the film! There are always frustrations with these tent poles. But it generally comes from the -script changing, sadly enough. But I’m very proud of my work. I’m also just as heartbroken as the fans are."

Someone at Verizon must have done this as a joke. But they also must be very well aware of Fantastic Four movie history. I was flipping through channels, and noticed the menu for HBO had the following:

The Fantastic Four (1994)

Alex Hyde-White, Jay Underwood, Rebecca Staab, Michael Bailey Smith

Astronauts are exposed to cosmic rays and develop powers.

Surprised they were showing the original movie, I clicked on that option and found out it was really the 2015 film. Even when you click on the 'Cast & Crew' tab, pictures from the 1994 movie come up.

Verizon is having to trick people in order to get them to watch the 2015 film?

lol

I still haven't seen this movie.

I ended up watching it since that advertising caught my attention.

To me, this had so much potential and whoever it was calling the shots on the final cut threw that away with the final act.

It's out on Redbox near me.

Worth the $.99 and 2 hours of my time?

It is worth giving it one viewing. But then you will see is all the potential Fox let fall by the wayside.

- Doom is this alien being once the Phantom Zone converts him

- Reed Richards running off for a year just seems counter to the character

- The actor that will become Mole Man has his head explode due to Doom's mental powers, so how does he even become this character later on?

This could have been a much easier 'modernization' approach to the Fantastic Four. But the amount of changes made here are so extensive, its offsetting.

It's out on Redbox near me.

Worth the $.99 and 2 hours of my time?

Despite some cliches, I liked the beginning when Reed and Ben were kids. They should have stayed with that, bringing in Sue and Johnny somehow. It's not Stand By Me or It level kid acting in a genre film, but it would have been a welcome direction instead of the one they went in. There are worse movies out there, The Getaway (Selena Gomez), Get a Job (Miles Teller.)

I bought the DVD for $5. I didn't feel too ripped off as sometimes watching these average to mediocre movies amplifies ones like The Lone Ranger or Superman vs. Batman. My 2c

Hah - well, I managed to get through Terminator Genisys in just two sittings and three beers so far this weekend.

Although I didn't have the fortitude to try Transformers: Age of Extinction yet.

I mean, is Trank's FF really worse than Jonah Hex and Ghost Rider: Spirits of Vengeance?

Hah - well, I managed to get through Terminator Genisys in just two sittings and three beers so far this weekend.

Although I didn't have the fortitude to try Transformers: Age of Extinction yet.

I mean, is Trank's FF really worse than Jonah Hex and Ghost Rider: Spirits of Vengeance?

Yes it's worse than those two. It's not so much bad, it's just utterly boring. Nothing happens. The other two you can make fun of the ridiculous nick cage or Megan fox. Ff there's nothing compelling or repulsive to have an emotion about, at least not whilst you're watching. There's just ... Nothing

Yes it's worse than those two. It's not so much bad, it's just utterly boring. Nothing happens. The other two you can make fun of the ridiculous nick cage or Megan fox. Ff there's nothing compelling or repulsive to have an emotion about, at least not whilst you're watching. There's just ... Nothing

I'm not sure about it being worse than Transformers: Age of Extinction. That movie was a bigger pile of dog doo-doo than the FF reboot. hm

No comic movie is worse than Crow: Wicked Prayer though. Even RT gave it 0%. lol

What a missed opportunity. Although it does sound like this would have been an over-crowded -script.

FANTASTIC FOUR Screenwriter Jeremy Slater Reveals His Original Epic Plans For The Reboot

Before Simon Kinberg and Josh Trank rewrote the screenplay, Jeremy Slater was hired by 20th Century Fox to dream up a new take on the franchise, though he's revealed in an interview with Screen Crush that pretty much none of his ideas ended up making it into the version we got.

Explaining that his version of Fantastic Four further delved into the inner workings of the Baxter Foundation and the relationship between Reed and Victor, Slater says that the team would have encountered Annihilus (described as, "a pissed-off cybernetic T-Rex") in the Negative Zone and got hit by radiation giving them their powers. Victor meanwhile would have still been left behind, but he was going to kill Annihilus and use his cosmic control rod to create, "a sort of living body armor."

"In addition to Annihilus and the Negative Zone, we had Doctor Doom declaring war against the civilized world, the Mole Man unleashing a 60 foot genetically-engineered monster in downtown Manhattan, a commando raid on the Baxter Foundation, a Saving Private Ryan-style finale pitting our heroes against an army of Doombots in war-torn Latveria, and a post-credit teaser featuring Galactus and the Silver Surfer destroying an entire planet. We had monsters and aliens and Fantasticars and a cute spherical H.E.R.B.I.E. robot that was basically BB-8 two years before BB-8 ever existed. And if you think all of that sounds great...well, yeah, we did, too. The problem was, it would have also been massively, MASSIVELY expensive."

But a live version of Annihilus - WOW!

:ohnoez: