• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Well, the new FF wasn't true to the source material, and it still sucked HUGE BALLS

I'm a hardcore FF fan, and I loved the first two movies that most others hated, so I was hoping that this would be better than people were saying also, not the case.

I waited till about a month ago to finally see it.

Just terrible.

The thing, my favorite character from the comics, was the worst I've ever seen him

Moved, talked, and looked like a muppet from fraggle rock

Kate Mara who was smoking hot in house of cards was completely forgettable

Reed was just kind of there.

And Johnny, who I was all up in arms about being portrayed as black, ended up being the best part of the movie, and he sucked too, just not as bad as the others.

Michael B. Jordan was great in Creed which just goes to show how bad the Fantastic Four movie was!

I honestly can`t think of a worst super hero movie.

Plus Fantastic Four came out in 2015,while maybe some of the others came out years ago where they were just getting their feet wet with making super hero movies.

But can we PLEASE stop with the mythology of "faithful to the source material equals better" BS?

While I agree with you for the most part, this was a bad example. Sticking exactly to the source material, even with Stan's corny dialog, would have been 1000x better than this turd.

As long as they get the core of the characters correct, variations of details don't bother me that much. Example: The Thing is not a murdering mercenary. No, just no.

Michael B. Jordan was great in Creed which just goes to show how bad the Fantastic Four movie was!

Plus Fantastic Four came out in 2015,while maybe some of the others came out years ago where they were just getting their feet wet with making super hero movies.

Just finished Creed. Excellent movie!

A worst comicbook/superhero movie... hm

Batman & Robin

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Howard The Duck

Punisher: War Zone

Cowboys & Aliens

The Crow: Wicked Prayer

Virus

Son of the Mask

...to name some that are actually worse. ;)

Just finished Creed. Excellent movie!

A worst comicbook/superhero movie... hm

Batman & Robin

Howard The Duck

Cowboys & Aliens

The Crow: Wicked Prayer

Virus

Son of the Mask

...to name some that are actually worse. ;)

I will take

Batman & Robin

Howard The Duck

Cowboys & Aliens

over FF.

I never saw the other three so I can`t comment.

One thing about Batman and Robin was it wasn`t boring like FF.

It was so bad it was good.

Who can forget Arnie. He alone makes Batman and Robin superior to FF.

I can't believe Catwoman is not on that list.
Yeah, I forgot about that one. I guess I gave it a pass because of how cute Halle looked. Still pretty unwatchable and a good example of how bad a film can get when ignoring the source material.

To be fair, Ghost Rider: Spirits of Vengeance and Punisher: War Zone didn't ignore the source material. They were just bad movies.

Have to agree. With the Punisher movie especially, Lexi made it a point to reference scenes from the comics.

One thing about Batman and Robin was it wasn`t boring like FF.

It was so bad it was good.

Who can forget Arnie. He alone makes Batman and Robin superior to FF.

I've always thought Batman Forever was the guilty pleasure one.

You have that campy rescue-the-guard-in-a-vault opening number while being towed by a helicopter, Academy Award-winning Tommy Lee Jones going for every joke trying to upstage Carrey, Val Kilmer endlessly pondering into the camera (when you know he's thinking about what's in the catering wagon), the movie's theme of duality literally beat over your head with every main character except Nicole Kidman's, Nicole Kidman's look on her face throughout this movie that this movie will probably cost her the Oscar nom for "To Die For", the awkward EnVogue (should have been TLC) walk-one that was missing a lady, the street level punks doused in neon, the vague romantic triangle between Bruce, Chase & Edward Nigma that never played out (felt like a vague Fatal Attraction-sans the bunny) and so much more.

Batman & Robin was just really bad, full of scenes that went nowhere or just crashed. Schwarzennegger's puns were just headache inducing. It didn't help that he looked like Dynamo from The Running Man either.

Oh boy.

:fear:

Simon Kinberg Says Fox Still Wants to Make Another Fantastic Four Movie

"We didn't make a good movie," Kinberg told DenOfGeek about 2015's Fantastic Four. "The world voted, and I think they probably voted correctly. And you can't make a good movie every time out - not everybody does. We actually have a pretty good batting average, all things considered. But I think we made many mistakes when we made that movie - mistakes that we learned from and we wouldn't repeat."

"We want to make another Fantastic Four movie. We love that cast," he said, calling out all four of the actors in the critical and box office flop. "I love the comic, I mean I love it almost as much as X-Men. We'll try to be truer to the essence of Fantastic Four, which is largely distinct from the X-Men, which is brighter, funner, more optimistic in tone."

The writer/producer said it was a mistake to "make a darker Fantastic Four movie" that ignored the "DNA of the comic."

Translation:

"There's no way in hell that we're letting Marvel get the rights back like they did with Daredevil and make us look like even more bumbling incompetants than we already do for making this cluster-frack of a movie. We don't care if we lose a billion dollars making one & pay people to go see it just to say 'we had 50 million tickets used!', we're going to keep making these movies until everyone that's made one is dead & it doesn't matter how awful & dumb we look"

They still just don't get it.

Can't wait to see the next slapped together film, using the same cast (do they have a multi movie contract?), made with only a 50 mil budget. Should be awesome.

Come on guys, it's much simpler than you are making it out to be.

Translation:

"We noticed how successful Dark Knight was and tried to make the FF like that. Now we see how successful Deadpool is so we want to make another film and make it like that."

Fox :facepalm:

The next FF movie will now be a comedy film starring Will Ferrell as Mister Fantastic and Kevin Hart as Dr. Doom.

That would be awesome. Those 2 in Get Hard were hysterical..lol

I watched this a couple days ago,what a stinker!

Drap,boring,cardboard cutout characters,stiff dialogue and not one likeable person in the whole flick. Hell,I was rooting for the black hole at the end.

Watched it on HBO last night. It was better than having malaria. That's the closest to a nice thing I can say about it. Having the team be drunk when they went to the other dimension sums up everything that was wrong with that smoking turd.

If they whole team were borderline functioning alcoholics, this movie would have made more sense. Like if they were just drunk for the WHOLE thing.