• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I get all the Hulk-themed members confused...

128 posts in this topic

Honestly, why pay that much for a book like that? If you've got that much cash burning a hole in your pocket, put it into bronze, silver or gold keys that have an established track record. :facepalm:

Hookers & blow, man... hookers & blow.

-slym

I'd rather do it the Al Bundy way, hookers and pizza.

He's the guy who made obnoxious comments about my mother and wife and then PM'ed me a lame apology saying he was acting that way to "fit in". Good riddance.

He's the reason I quit posting at the Comics Corral and the STL Forum. Both were slow forums and he flooded both boards with uninteresting content. That's about as nicely as I can put it.

DG

...which one is he again? Is he the dude that went at Bosco over some foolishness?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7301647&gonew=1#UNREAD

He's generally a .

He is close to getting banned too, right?

He's been banned before, but I don't know what name he used.

DG

This discussion usually gets locked over in the Modern thread. Hulk44 got very heated with some people over there for the hard time they gave him for this purchase. There have been threads and threads about it.

I avoid the modern forum like some people avoid the water cooler

I don't really avoid the water cooler, it's just that nobody posts on topic. Threads about water don't last very long.

I do avoid the Modern Comics section.

DG

The only thing I'm seeing on the census currently that's graded a 10 is a Signature Series copy.

read the hilarity here. got reeled in like a mackerel.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6516199&fpart=1

Paid the max price for a 9.9 and then the 10 gets wafted under his nose, and he paid max price for that one. If they ever make a movie about comic speculation, that scene will be in it. I would have Joseph Gordon-Leavitt play Cort, and he would have a handlebar mustache just so he could twist it when the paypal cleared.

lol

6DE4FDCE-BBAE-4A34-B4E9-198B0343E07B-13154-00000854074B10D2_zps243f6501.jpg

The only thing I'm seeing on the census currently that's graded a 10 is a Signature Series copy.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6516199&fpart=1

Wow. Just wow. If anyone ever wonders what fine line you cross between collecting and obsession - read that thread.

Paid the max price for a 9.9 and then the 10 gets wafted under his nose, and he paid max price for that one. If they ever make a movie about comic speculation, that scene will be in it. I would have Joseph Gordon-Leavitt play Cort, and he would have a handlebar mustache just so he could twist it when the paypal cleared.

The 9.9 was never sold on that thread, Hulk44 just got the 10.0....it took a lot of hard "work" on e-bay to move that 9.9 :eyeroll:

Also, this thread is doing nothing to help Speedy differentiate "hulk posters".

Wow. Just wow. If anyone ever wonders what fine line you cross between collecting and obsession - read that thread.

Yeah, that was an eye opener.

The 9.9 was never sold on that thread, Hulk44 just got the 10.0....it took a lot of hard "work" on e-bay to move that 9.9 :eyeroll:

Here's a few. They come in many styles. Hope this helps:

1000x1000.jpg

4883646873_98435131b2_b.jpg

3030282650_6e0cdf6d0c.jpg

fullposter_hulk_thoughtfactory_1977_ABOUT3523.jpg

Is that the thread where after buying the big book someone called him a sucker and all hell broke loose and he ended up on vacation :facepalm:

I don't know what thread you are talking about, but Hulk44 definitely bought a 9.9 and then he bought a 10.

I don't know what thread you are talking about, but Hulk44 definitely bought a 9.9 and then he bought a 10.

The Revival thread in moderns was like a "companion thread" - here's Hulk44's assessment of the deal. :screwy::facepalm:

9.9 got listed on the bay

143802.jpg.c76c2593f6dcb0e39af2d31b770e3223.jpg

Is that the thread where after buying the big book someone called him a sucker and all hell broke loose and he ended up on vacation :facepalm:

I'm not sure - I didn't read the end pages as it petered out a bit, but I can imagine people's reactions being like that, and things probably got poofed. lol

Hulk44 bought a bunch of blue label 9.9s on eBay for all-time GPA highs (think $900-1,000 when they were going for about $400 previously).

Then, after buying a SS 9.9 for $1,500 in Cort's thread, Cort busted out the SS 10.0 for $7,500 - they struck a deal where Hulk44 "upgraded" his purchase to the SS 10 instead of the SS 9.9. Cort then sold the SS 9.9 on eBay for $1,120 (and the new owner sold it a month later for $500).

Hulk44 then unloaded his blue label 9.9s for 50% of what he paid for them about 6 weeks prior. And, oh, got a strike for threatening Branget.

Hulk44 is pretty much the dream buyer of sellers everywhere :cloud9:

Hulk44 bought a bunch of blue label 9.9s on eBay for all-time GPA highs (think $900-1,000 when they were going for about $400 previously).

Then, after buying a SS 9.9 for $1,500 in Cort's thread, Cort busted out the SS 10.0 for $7,500 - they struck a deal where Hulk44 "upgraded" his purchase to the SS 10 instead of the SS 9.9. Cort then sold the SS 9.9 on eBay for $1,120 (and the new owner sold it a month later for $500).

Hulk44 then unloaded his blue label 9.9s for 50% of what he paid for them about 6 weeks prior. And, oh, got a strike for threatening Branget.

the Boston Corbett of the Modern Age

I stand corrected. Sorry Baba, you big toothed bastiche!