• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VOTING: Top 20 Finalists for Funny Book of the Year!

TOP 20 FINALISTS: Funny Book of the Year 2013  

252 members have voted

1. 1. TOP 20 FINALISTS: Funny Book of the Year 2013

104 posts in this topic

Really pissed Marvel Tales 95 didn't make it ???

Surprising that only two PCH books made the cut! I thought the Marvel Tales would and voted accordingly. But it is a remarkably strong field.

Not as strong as it could have been. But strong indeed. Lots of pretty books (thumbs u

I should have voted for myself ha ha It was one vote from making the cut! :D

It easily made my top 5. Shame it didn't go further.

I think you know which one of your books made the top of my vote list :gossip:

I haven't been keeping up with the original "Funny book of the year" thread, so what exactly is the criteria? is it certain books that outperformed price wise? like the Fight Against Crime 20 or is it just simply books that we like or have had a lot of talk about them? (shrug)

:acclaim:

I haven't been keeping up with the original "Funny book of the year" thread, so what exactly is the criteria? is it certain books that outperformed price wise? like the Fight Against Crime 20 or is it just simply books that we like or have had a lot of talk about them? (shrug)

People were free to nominate any GA book they had bought during the year. So the voting is for that particular copy, rather than for the issue as such.

People were free to nominate any GA book they had bought during the year. So the voting is for that particular copy, rather than for the issue as such.

ah, got it, thanks. (thumbs u

Voted! We need a clean, fair fight with no rabbit punches! May the best book win!
That sounds good in theory but I don't see how it assures GAtor's win. :slapfight:

Voted! We need a clean, fair fight with no rabbit punches! May the best book win!
That sounds good in theory but I don't see how it assures GAtor's win. :slapfight:

Based on the preliminary results doesn't look like I'll be winning :cry:

Based on the preliminary results doesn't look like I'll be winning :cry:

you've won quite enough in life already Rick. So take heart in that :foryou:

Appreciate the kind words all.

votes are in!!!! all awesome funny books good luck to everyone!!!!! (thumbs u I would vote for em' all if I could!!!!!

Gino

I gave you honorary vote for your Capt 3 - and fyi I see your sig changed - did you change copies??

Well glad you have a copy for your collection still

best for 2014

votes are in!!!! all awesome funny books good luck to everyone!!!!! (thumbs u I would vote for em' all if I could!!!!!

Gino

I gave you honorary vote for your Capt 3 - and fyi I see your sig changed - did you change copies??

Well glad you have a copy for your collection still

best for 2014

:hi: Thanks Fox I appreciate it dude!!! 2013 was a phenomenal year for collecting and simply life in general for my family and I. I joined these boards and have been so gracious to talk too and even meet some phenomenal people in this great hobby!!!! As a life time comic reader and appreciator, I started my journey into Golden Age books this year and what a sensationally hair raising experience it has been!!! I have bought and sold more than I ever have in the past most likely due to being more financially comfortable now; being 8 years out of college and zestfully stable for once in my life lol . For these boards and I it all began with a WTB of a low grade Cap #3. The adventure and exploration led me on a quest high and low through auction houses and included a surprise trip to Chicago put on by my wife and friends for my 30th B-day where I got to meet G.Ator who has been so extremely helpful and accommodating while on my quest. I had the pleasure of being the very proud owner of the 5.0 (while for simply a short period of time it was an absolute pleasure). I however had the opportunity to land my dream book in the low grade I had so desperately sought after and I had to take it!!! I couldn't be more elated :acclaim: So the 5.0 has made its way back home down to GatorNation (thanks again Rick!!! (worship)

The Journey does not end in 2013 in the expedition of all things Funny Books!!! With thorough examination of this thread and so many others it has only for better or worse lifted my Want List even higher and brought my love of this hobby souring to new heights!!! It has been simply an awesome year :grin: Nuff Said'...I greatly appreciate conversing with and reading all of the wonderful things my fellow super geeks are up to and know with great certainty 2014 will bring more excitement as we ring it in with Gusto!!! I wish you all a SAFE a Happy New Years!!!! Onward and Upward!!!!

BTW Cant wait to see who brings home the humorous NO PRIZE for funny book of the year :headbang: Phenomenal books everybody and Thank You ALL for sharing!!!!!! Gino