• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VOTING: Top 20 Finalists for Funny Book of the Year!

TOP 20 FINALISTS: Funny Book of the Year 2013  

252 members have voted

1. 1. TOP 20 FINALISTS: Funny Book of the Year 2013

104 posts in this topic

I'm flattered one of my books made the top 20!

It is a pretty amazing book (thumbs u

I for sure thought my SS Cap 1 would have made the cut, but I'm excited people like Archie enough to vote for him. lol

I'm flattered one of my books made the top 20!

It is a pretty amazing book (thumbs u

I for sure thought my SS Cap 1 would have made the cut, but I'm excited people like Archie enough to vote for him. lol

You had some excellent, highly competitive entrees Lauren, tough choices all around! :applause:

And the winners are (drum roll please)...

1st Place: Moetown :applause:

Captain America Comics #1 - CGC 7.0 - OWW -- 36 votes

2nd Place: David Merryweather :o

Detective Comics #18 - CGC 8.5 - White - (Church) -- 19 votes

3rd Place: (tie) Straw-Man & Bunky Brian :applause::applause:

All Select Comics #1 - CGC 8.5 - OW -- 13 votes

Amazing Mystery Funnies V2 #2 - CGC 9.4 - OWW - (Church) -- 13 votes

Honorable Mentions: (4th place ties) ciorac, cheetah, Dark Knight, Baltimore Lauren & G.A.tor (ta-dah) :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Bat-Man #1 - CGC 7.0 Apparent (MP) - OW -- 11 votes

Eerie Comics #1 - CGC 9.2 - COW - (Church) -- 11 votes

Marvel Comics #1 - raw (no CGC grade) -- 11 votes

Pep Comics #22 - CGC 9.0 Apparent (EP) - OWW -- 11 votes

Whiz Comics #22 - CGC 9.4 - OWW - (Church) -- 11 votes

In honor of Gator's Whiz #22 slipping through after an impressive lobbying campaign complete with crisp Jacksons and other considerations being offered as incentives there is a growing movement to dub 4th Place the Crocodile Tier!

As with all things relating to the annual contest, your input is encouraged! (thumbs u

Special thanks go out to Straw-Man, Flex Mentallo, cheetah, and especially Ms. Fury for their involvement in putting together this format and keeping mistakes to a minimum. This wouldn't have come off nearly as well without you. :foryou:

Congrats to Everybody that was Super Cool thanks again for puttin it on guys!!!!! (worship) I am glad to see that the votes were spread out pretty well amongst all the finalists and nobody received less than a few votes!!! The people have spoken...Congrats Moetown on a sweeeeet book!!!! That is a perfect Captain America Comics #1 and It is definitely well worth the praise it has recieved!!!! :applause:

Congrats to Everybody that was Super Cool thanks again for puttin it on guys!!!!! (worship) I am glad to see that the votes were spread out pretty well amongst all the finalists and nobody received less than a few votes!!! The people have spoken...Congrats Moetown on a sweeeeet book!!!! That is a perfect Captain America Comics #1 and It is definitely well worth the praise it has recieved!!!! :applause:

Ditto.. Congrats to the winners! Some really fantastic books this year. It's nice to see the hobby thriving like this. I was very honoured to have my RL 3 at least make top 20 with this particular field. Maybe next year one of my books will make he final 3.

I didn't wake up in time to cast my votes :sorry: But I'd like to congratulate Moetown with his Cap #1 as well as the rest of the boardies who have purchased such awesome books for 2013!

A special thanks to DavidMerryweather, Straw-Man, Flex Mentallo, cheetah, and Ms. Fury for making this happen :applause: Let's see what 2014 has in store for each of us :headbang:

I also wanted to thank the boardies who voted for my Marvel 1 :applause: Nice to be in the Honorable Mentioned category :cool:

Thanks everyone for the kind words and the votes! I never thought I'd be in a position to purchase a nice Cap-1... After consulting several of our fellow esteemed GA boardies, they greatly helped me with my decision and gave me excellent advice. I appreciate the time that they took to discuss the pending purchase in detail and the great advice that was given as this was a HUGE deal for me (and one that likely will not be repeated).

Special thanks for the time and effort by those who put this thread together over the last week... :applause:

Wishing everyone a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year (in life and collecting). (thumbs u

All the Best,

- Dave (aka Moetown)