• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VOTING: Top 20 Finalists for Funny Book of the Year!

TOP 20 FINALISTS: Funny Book of the Year 2013  

252 members have voted

1. 1. TOP 20 FINALISTS: Funny Book of the Year 2013

104 posts in this topic

Moetown reigns Supreme! His book leaves us with good Impressions! His book was clearly the best of the Four Tops! His win did give G.A.tor the Pips, though. :D

i'm finding this post is giving me temptations to call the police on u--2 damn corny.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and the votes! I never thought I'd be in a position to purchase a nice Cap-1... After consulting several of our fellow esteemed GA boardies, they greatly helped me with my decision and gave me excellent advice. I appreciate the time that they took to discuss the pending purchase in detail and the great advice that was given as this was a HUGE deal for me (and one that likely will not be repeated).

Special thanks for the time and effort by those who put this thread together over the last week... :applause:

Wishing everyone a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year (in life and collecting). (thumbs u

All the Best,

- Dave (aka Moetown)

Congrats Dave. It's a beautiful book and definitely the GA book of the year (thumbs u

Overall, I think the polling system worked well although I'm still in shock (flattered) that the Church 'Tec #18 ended up snagging 2nd place.

My only regret was not having any way to get Bedrock's copy of FF #1 into the poll after the oversight except via the back door to the Sidekick's Lounge. :cry: Sorry, Richard. :sorry:

Even polling data from this size sampling is interesting (at least as worthy of discussion as number of views on the HA site).

It would be kinda cool to see separate pre-code and post-code Funny Book of the Year polls in 2014 just to see how things pan out and what information might be gleaned. hm

I think we all nailed the Cap 1.....

I wonder what would have happened if a nice cgc 4.0 detective 27 had of been entered hm

"had of?" oh, g.a.tor, being mistaken for mehdy is NOT a good thing. if this was your new year's resolution, then th_explosion.jpg

I think we all nailed the Cap 1.....

I wonder what would have happened if a nice cgc 4.0 detective 27 had of been entered hm

"had of?" oh, g.a.tor, being mistaken for mehdy is NOT a good thing. if this was your new year's resolution, then th_explosion.jpg

lol

Maybe that's Gator's ... 7974AF41-645F-40B8-95BE-A31906C7056A-23621-000009A6692CE74F_zpsafcf02a4.jpg ...for 2014!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (Note: Shot just taken from my back yard; Xmas present from Rox)

I'm happy that two of my books made the top 20.

Thanks to all the folks who worked on this. My part was very small so the credit goes to the folks who worked hard on it.

was just wondering hm

Goal for 2014 (sorry, too obtuse I suppose). :gossip:

It seemed liked the perfect icon. hm

BTW, whenever you're in the Metroplex drop by and we'll shoot some hoops. (thumbs u

[font:Times New Roman]Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to come up with a memorable board catch-phrase in the New Year. Mannup and Facejob for Grandpa are already taken. Straw-Man and I will disavow any knowledge of this if you're discovered. This page probably won't self-destruct in five seconds, but will be forgotten nonetheless. [/font]

My only regret was not having any way to get Bedrock's copy of FF #1 into the poll after the oversight except via the back door to the Sidekick's Lounge. :cry: Sorry, Richard. :sorry:

No problem at all. You guys did a great job. The FF can still get in the poll...thread...

along with its buddies...

fantasticfour1.jpg

fantasticfour2.jpg

Thanks to all the folks who worked on this. My part was very small so the credit goes to the folks who worked hard on it.

Your Eerie made my shortlist. Incredible comic.

Happy to see on of my AMFs made the top 20. :)

Overall, I think the polling system worked well although I'm still in shock (flattered) that the Church 'Tec #18 ended up snagging 2nd place.

That was actually my top choice from the list, though the DC keys were close behind. Amazing and unique book. (thumbs u

Your Eerie made my shortlist. Incredible comic.

Happy to see on of my AMFs made the top 20. :)

There was one title that had 3 books in the top 20. They were from a company that stopped publishing comics more than 70 years ago, weren't designated as classic covers and contained no superheros nor characters that are in use today (or any time in the intervening 70 years).

Clearly the contest was rigged :kidaround:

No problem at all. You guys did a great job. The FF can still get in the poll...thread...

along with its buddies...

fantasticfour1.jpg

fantasticfour2.jpg

Those chairs look comfy...

(and the comics are too shabby either)... I see how your FF-1 rolls, heavy with a lot of "friends". Great Pic!