• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Action 252

22 posts in this topic

This book has been pressed. There was paper fill that was removed that left a spine split in the upper left corner and a tear at the top staple. The book is still attached/hanging on for dear life at the top staple. There was also color touch in the paper filled areas that was removed. The stain to the lower corner of the back cover effects the interior pages, gradually disappears and is gone toward the front of the book. Otherwise the interior is solid. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

image_zps2667706a.jpg

image_zps48aff725.jpg

Thanks all for your thoughts. I was thinking 3.0 considering the stain is on the back cover. It's not as harsh on the interior pages and eventually fades out, but I do know stains can be grade killers.

Hey David! This book kind of reminds me of the 3.5 we both had our hands on for a minute. Same types of defects/redeeming qualities, but instead of a chunk reattached to the front cover with tape, this one has the stain to the back. I subbed that one, but this one goes back in the box...until I go on a spending bender again that is.

Thanks again all!

It doesn't seem that CGC is as tough on stains as they were in the early years, especially in 5.0 and under books, if anything they are a little lenient, at least on GA, these days.

Stain goes all the way through the book. CGC will kill the book for that.

I'm going with a 2.5

+1

That stain is sizable, and the bleed through keeps it from getting into the 3.0 range. I'd still like to have it. :acclaim: