• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who do you want brought back from "cancellation" hell??

46 posts in this topic

BRING back the

(i)Guardians of the Galaxy!!!

(ii) The Champions!!! ( marvel )

(iii) All star squadron

(iv) Jonah Hex

(v) Peter Hsu's Quadrant

(vi) a new "watchman" by mr Moore

(vii) Miracleman ( if that mcfarlane dupe is more gracious...)

(viii) Excalibur with Alan Davis & Chris Clarement again, wow....

I want MARVEL to bring back the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Daredevil, Captain America, and all the rest as they were before that stupid ONSLAUGHT thing and resume with the 1st volumes.

DC bring back BRAVE AND THE BOLD. Team-ups or not.

I know you said Marvel and DC but I think Flyman and The Mighty Crusaders would be nice to have resurrected.

Your choice of Dr. Strange is my Marvel choice as well and, I may be chastised for this, but I would like to see Mr. Miracle return.

Absoooooooolutely...

Metamorpho - Imagine a quality team on him now

Firestorm - Always loved the look of the character, but they'd need to jack him up and have him step up a level in competiton... Darksied.

Alpha Flight is also one I overlooked. Soooo much potential and the continuation of Origin (which will have to cover Weapon X program) may be a great launching post again for a V3. The Weapon X series is almost AF v3. I'd love to see Wolvernine join for a few years and leave that manga looking Xmen .

Yeah for Mister Miracle. Though after Simonson's Orion, it might be a tough sell (both to the DC brass and to the retailers).

By the way, I remember reading interviews in the Comic Book Artist special #2 with both Steve Englehart and Marshall Rogers saying basically they'd love to do more Batman for DC, just waiting for the call. Well, if that's not going to happen for some reason, why not a Mister Miracle revival along the lines of their 1978 collaboration?

It's amazing to me that Rogers does not have a regular gig in comics.

Cheers,

Z.

The Question, again written by Denny O'Neil, but a new artist would be cool. Loved the Sienkiewcz cover to #1-- may he could do it.

I second this. I thought The Question was a fantastic book, one of the few highlights of that late 80's DC vomit-fest.

That's a great idea for Iron Fist - I'd love to see Marvel redo all of those b-level thugs and have them create a rogue's gallery for Iron Fist - nice!!!

Alpha Flight - one of my favorite titles ever, especially in the first year or so. Puck and Sasquatch rocked!!

And I think Bruce mentioned Nova - another really cool character.

Ghost Rider was redone last year, but the mini sucked. Subby is coming back big time this April/May...

And someone also mentioned Marvel putting out an anthology book, which could showcase all of these characters and then let the fans decide who should come back and who should remain dead - put Nova and Iron Fist in one issue, Deathlok and Alpha Flight in another issue, Moon Knight and Night Nurse smile.gif....aah, the possibilities!!!!

What I'd like to see from the cancellation section:

1. Jonah Hex by Lansdale and Truman.

2. Conan

3. Dr. Strange

4. Daredevil (or at least something with more Daredevil in it...)

5. Tryout books like Marvel Premier or Showcase

6. Uncle Scrooge (oh, never mind, we're getting that)

What I'd like to see in general:

1. More variety instead of superheros. I remember back in the mid-80's you could go into a comic book store and walk out with Archie, Donald Duck, Batman, Spider Man, Cerebus, Zippy, and Zap. You can't do that now.

2. Related to #1, more books for little kids. Archie is a stepping stone to Batman which is a stepping stone to Maus.

3. Westerns that don't feature anachronistic homosexuals.

4. Science fiction, either as a continuing series (Ender's Game anyone?) or as an anthology.

5. Like 4, but for Fantasy.

Ok, I want EC to start publishing again.

I would love to see Sub-mariner brought back - however - I'm not sure about these Tsunami titles in which Namor will have his own comic. I want to see him as he was in the 60's and 70's

My second choice is Silver Surfer - his second series early comics were not bad and I liked the first series.

My third choice is Dr. Strange

Finally, I would love to see tales to astonish, tales of suspence and Journey into mystery brought back as super-hero team-up comics.

I'm gonna have to go with Luke Cage in a monthly book, teamed with Iron Fist, of course - that is just a great pairing..

I would also love to see a modern day Tomb of Dracula, that would be sweet.

Firestorm, as many other have mentioned is another obvious choice.

If he's still alive.

Yeah - he definitely knew how to draw Dracula for sure.

Oh yeah - I also forgot to mention Black Lightning. He had so much potential to be a great character.

Alpha flight as also was mentioned previously would be awesome. And if they could unthaw the "real" John Byrne to take it over again, that would be cool. The current John Byrne is obviously a doppleganger of some sort...

I also wouldn't mind seeing a return to a Thing solo book.

One last one - Hogun, Volstaag, and Fandrall's own book would be cool, too - but I know that will never happen.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a return to a Thing solo book.

I will respectfully disagree here. Along with West Coast Avengers, I thought The Thing solo series was one of the worst mainstream Marvel super-hero books ever. Remember all that wrestling nonsense? And those awful covers?

Okay, so this is where I say that the first book I can remember buying (or one of the first) was West Coast Avengers #1, and I actually really liked the series. I did the first year or so and never looked at another issue, so maybe it went downhill from there, but I liked the beginning (and the crossover with Vision and the SW)