• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2014 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD

1,468 posts in this topic

Much thanks to Mike

I got this a little while ago, and was as happy as a pig in poo, or should I say a hare in Japan. Stan didn't want to sketch on a comic, but the green persuaded him. He's the man.

Now in CGC SS

C1BDD5A1-4A34-46E2-965D-6026E144FB04_zpsgn9gxjfc.jpg

Killer sketch, man! :golfclap:

Thanks fellas. You gotta love Stan's style. I had asked him to do big eyes, with swords a blazin and he nailed it. You have to appreciate when you ask an artist to do something and they do it to a T. Of course, it's cool when they surprise you too. (As long as it's not the opposite of what you asked lol)

My Florida SuperCon stuff.

cwo5XfT.jpg

Mera by Tim Vigil, colors by Steve Lydic

Flash by Greg LaRocque, colors by Steve Lydic

Super Woman by Shelby Robertson, colors by Steve Lydic

Medusa and Black Bolt by Mervyn McKoy, colors by Steve Lydic

Spider-Man 2099 by Paolo Pantalena

Spider-Man 2099 by Clayton Henry

Spider-Man 2099 by Nick Bradshaw

Spider-Man 2099 by Greg Kirkpatrick

Parallax by Adelso Corona

Green Lantern and Sinestro by Brian Hurtt (Cracked), painted colors by Mark Sparacio

Captain America #1 Neal Adams sketch variant signed by Neal Adams, Steve McNiven, Justin Ponsor, and Mark Morales with color remark on shield by Justin Ponsor. All CGC dated July 4th.

Groot by Kaare Andrews

Black Manta by Kaare Andrews

Big Bird and Oscar by Caroll Spinney

Mera by Paolo Pantalena

A lot more art and bigger pictures if you click the top picture. Thanks!

Toddster you killed it at the show, great hanging with you, Mike and Dean.

It was an awesome show, just wish Kaare stayed around longer on Sunday.

I had a great time at FSC this past weekend.

Good to see everyone that was there.

I didn't get any sketch covers done for myself but I did get a nice 11x14 from Kaare Andrews and some smaller pencil pieces from Ramona Fradon.

Tried to take decent pics.

zg4FOiPl.png

orx5v9Pl.png

This was also the first show that I had my gf w/ me and she got her first sketch cover (Kaare) and first watercolor commission (Jeff Dekal.) Her focus has always been Harley and Ivy w/ regards to prints so she is going to stick with them for commissions. I think they both came out awesome.

q43PAaNm.pngz9AhKI4m.png

SWEET! It was awesome seeing you too Chris and thank for helping me out with getting the Fradons set up.

(thumbs u wasn't she the nicest person? Easily one of my favorite artist interactions ever.

I didn't get any sketch covers done for myself but I did get a nice 11x14 from Kaare Andrews and some smaller pencil pieces from Ramona Fradon.

zg4FOiPl.png

orx5v9Pl.png

This was also the first show that I had my gf w/ me and she got her first sketch cover (Kaare) and first watercolor commission (Jeff Dekal.) Her focus has always been Harley and Ivy w/ regards to prints so she is going to stick with them for commissions. I think they both came out awesome.

q43PAaNm.pngz9AhKI4m.png

If I had known that was you I would have introduced myself. I was the guy chilling with clay mann and shawn crystal most of the weekend

zg4FOiPl.png

orx5v9Pl.png

q43PAaNm.pngz9AhKI4m.png

If I had known that was you I would have introduced myself. I was the guy chilling with clay mann and shawn crystal most of the weekend

and dont forget as my CAW :)

Had to hang out around Clay and work for Dan? Now I really feel bad for him.

Had to hang out around Clay and work for Dan? Now I really feel bad for him.

:P