• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2014 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD

1,468 posts in this topic

My bud Jose Delbo (He will be at Tampa, just tell him you are a friend of mine and he will hook you up) If you are not going to Tampa I can assist.

He is one of my favorite people in the industry. Just a warm, charming, talented guy!

My bud Jose Delbo (He will be at Tampa, just tell him you are a friend of mine and he will hook you up) If you are not going to Tampa I can assist.

He is one of my favorite people in the industry. Just a warm, charming, talented guy!

Truer words have never been spoken. I was over his house earlier today, got to see his workspace and found out that both his wife and his daughter are also excellent artists.

Truer words have never been spoken. I was over his house earlier today, got to see his workspace and found out that both his wife and his daughter are also excellent artists.

I like the penguin piece alot. Would he be open to doing a commission op on the boards? I'd be down for a Batman piece.

Rather than posting a public opp, If anyone is interested in a Jose Delbo please shoot me a PM. I dropped off several blanks with him today to be picked up at the Tampa Show.

These came back a few weeks ago from WonderCon. Hadn't had a chance to share them.

Rocket Raccoon by Humberto Ramos, Inks by Victor Olazaba, Colors by Edgar Delgado

(Need to get the label fixed doh! )

guardians-of-the-galaxy-1-ramos-olazaba-delgado-sketch-front.jpg

Thanos Sketch by Ron Lim, Inks by Batt

infinity-1-lim-batt-sketch-front.jpg

Any suggestions of who to get to do the colors for this one? Though I'm not even sure I want to get colors added to it.

I had a great time at FSC this past weekend.

Good to see everyone that was there.

I didn't get any sketch covers done for myself but I did get a nice 11x14 from Kaare Andrews and some smaller pencil pieces from Ramona Fradon.

Tried to take decent pics.

zg4FOiPl.png

orx5v9Pl.png

This was also the first show that I had my gf w/ me and she got her first sketch cover (Kaare) and first watercolor commission (Jeff Dekal.) Her focus has always been Harley and Ivy w/ regards to prints so she is going to stick with them for commissions. I think they both came out awesome.

q43PAaNm.pngz9AhKI4m.png

If I had known that was you I would have introduced myself. I was the guy chilling with clay mann and shawn crystal most of the weekend

and dont forget as my CAW :)

What was Kaare's charge?

Toddster you killed it at the show, great hanging with you, Mike and Dean.

It was an awesome show, just wish Kaare stayed around longer on Sunday.

I like Kaare. Really nice guy!

These came back a few weeks ago from WonderCon. Hadn't had a chance to share them.

Rocket Raccoon by Humberto Ramos, Inks by Victor Olazaba, Colors by Edgar Delgado

guardians-of-the-galaxy-1-ramos-olazaba-delgado-sketch-front.jpg

Thanos Sketch by Ron Lim, Inks by Batt

infinity-1-lim-batt-sketch-front.jpg

Any suggestions of who to get to do the colors for this one? Though I'm not even sure I want to get colors added to it.

Steve Lydic has been killing it coloring Varese's work lately.

http://www.germanlicon.com/files/cgc-scans/guardians-of-the-galaxy-1-ramos-olazaba-delgado-sketch-front.

Wow you really have a nice rocket raccoon can sketch collection going.

Forgot that I had gotten this from Sajad at SuperCon. One of the rare non-Batman pieces in my collection.

q4ud0hgl.jpg

Here is a proper scan of my Batman by Kaare Andrews

uTYH78Wl.jpg

Harley by Dawn McTeigue on Troy's custom Suicide Squad blank. REALLY happy with this one. The NG will be totally worth it. She said it has been the best stock for a blank she has ever worked on.

IMG_475896571624585_zpsb89f75b5.jpg

My haul from Capital City CC:

Left to right: Joe Rubenstein, Jorge Molina, Joe Benitez, Carlo Barberi, Art Thibert, Ken Christiansen, Sajad Shah, Alfred Trujillo and Cara, Larry Hama and Josh Blaylock,

Simon Bisley, Larry Hama, Kevin Eastman, Marat Mychaels, Chris Enhot, Whilce Portacio, J. Hause, Vo Nguyen, Whilce Portacio, Philip Tan

5a3x53.jpgb4yz5v.jpg2lcqj55.jpg1zczdae.jpg2hozs7c.jpg14095ch.jpg29fphd0.jpgiw679k.jpg2s14qzd.jpg2lc49dj.jpgoac38y.jpgkf4idc.jpgv33s41.jpg20h4hoy.jpgxpsqad.jpgn3rbxz.jpg28ti7m9.jpgsvgth0.jpgeiuz2e.jpg