• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2014 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD

1,468 posts in this topic

I just had a couple of quick free sketches done at NYCC. The show is too nutty for me to get any real sketches. I was denied by Jim Lee, which kind of bummed me out.

Going to get this colored by someone eventually.

IMG_5183_zps1b76189f.jpg

This wasn't free ($20).

IMG_5182_zpsef7e34c6.jpg

IMG_5181_zpsae5e2aa7.jpg

To clarify, McFarlane free sketch, Jim Lee refused to do a sketch??? I didn't know McFarlane did sketches at shows, let alone free ones.

I would say he simply asked. He wasn't the only one I saw with a McFarlane sketch. The question is did CGC allow it to be SS'ed? There was a pretty big issue with him at the show only allowing Signature Series through a private setup.

I would say he simply asked. He wasn't the only one I saw with a McFarlane sketch. The question is did CGC allow it to be SS'ed? There was a pretty big issue with him at the show only allowing Signature Series through a private setup.

Yep, I saw someone else who was able to get a McFarlane sketch. It took alittle luck to get it, but he probably did a handful at the con. You just had to hope the line wasn't big and that his people weren't watching. When the one lady working his booth saw my sketch, she wasn't happy. I just lucked out because there wasn't much of a line, and told him he didn't have to sign any of my books if he just did the sketch.

CGC wasn't happening. I tried to get NYComics to help since they were doing a private signing, and offered the $35 fee they were charging, but they said no.

I decided to take the sketch elsewhere to get certified............I'll leave it at that.

I just had a couple of quick free sketches done at NYCC. The show is too nutty for me to get any real sketches. I was denied by Jim Lee, which kind of bummed me out.

Going to get this colored by someone eventually.

IMG_5183_zps1b76189f.jpg

This wasn't free ($20).

IMG_5182_zpsef7e34c6.jpg

IMG_5181_zpsae5e2aa7.jpg

To clarify, McFarlane free sketch, Jim Lee refused to do a sketch??? I didn't know McFarlane did sketches at shows, let alone free ones.

Yeah, I got McFarlane done on Thursday and it barely took me 15 minutes of waiting on line, while Lee I had to claw and scratch just to get on his signing line, and waste half of my Saturday, just to have him turn me away. The worst part was how matter of fact he was about it and refused to do anything at all, even a doodle, which made my jaw drop because he did one for the girl in front me of without a second thought.

My first and last experience waiting on a DC line. I'd rather just pay for a Lee. Very frustrating.

Yep, I saw someone else who was able to get a McFarlane sketch. It took alittle luck to get it, but he probably did a handful at the con. You just had to hope the line wasn't big and that his people weren't watching. When the one lady working his booth saw my sketch, she wasn't happy. I just lucked out because there wasn't much of a line, and told him he didn't have to sign any of my books if he just did the sketch.

CGC wasn't happening. I tried to get NYComics to help since they were doing a private signing, and offered the $35 fee they were charging, but they said no.

I decided to take the sketch elsewhere to get certified............I'll leave it at that.

I really hope this doesn't mess things up, because he could stop doing private signings because of this reason

Great Mcfarlane sketch

No disrespect but I'm almost certain the sketch won't get graded by CGC

^^

Was this before or after McFarlane did the sketch?

The sig may get certified "elsewhere"... the sketch however will not. That question has been asked and answered multiple times on those-who-shall-not-be-named social media page.